DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
ooh, it's a little bit WeY, a little bit WOAh

Greetings fellow toy luvers!

Now I'm still finding this site a little confusing. There are so many messages, how the fek r u supposed 2 find anyfin?
I posted a question a while bak, and fer the loif of me I cannae find it. So, if u don't mind, I shall ask again....

When first browsing through the list of clips, I came accross a person spinning what was reffered to az 'Sparkle Poi'. It looked like a welding machine gone haywire- twas fantastique!!
Can ANYONE give me any info on these? Was it a camera trick with standard glowpoi or..or...or what??
Anyone goin' to this ting in Kensal Rise 2nyt?
I have to work
Anywayz, Y'all keep playin' now.. I'm off to organize my rubber band collection

DFQ xxx

Az abouve, So below...

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
if you look under the post buttons at the top of the page (look up) there's a search option. that may be of use.

life begins between the night and the light.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yup, search, or I've made some of these, so ask me sometime. Probably not going to be at Kensal rise, yet again got a conflict! but JJ tues or next week.

Laterz!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Ok I will give you a quick run down here again.

What you are referring to is Wire Wool burners.

What you will need :

2 x Chains and handles - prolly just pinch from an existing toy
1 x Sheet of Chicken Wire + summit that will cut it
2 x D-Links - for attaching Handles
Lots of Fine Wire Wool, also known as Steel Wool

I will try and get some pictures of my cages and maybe even some construction pics posted soon but it is fairly easy process.

My cages are about 10 cm in diameter and 20-30 cm long, I made them by using a container to wrap the chicken wire round and give me the basic shape. You then need to do some snipping and bending of the wire until you have a cage that will hold itself together.

What you are aiming for is something with a base and sides with access to the top.

You also need to leave a couple of pieces of chicken wire at the top of the cage that can be floded into the centre for attaching the handles (mine are about 5-6 cm wide) then all you have to do is stuff with fine wire wool, attach your handles and you have a functional set of burners.

When it comes to lighting practice first see below, you will need a good flame source eg. a staff or something similar, it is fairly hard to light with lighters. When the wire wool starts glowing red start spinning

You need to spin fast and not slow down as this keeps the wire wool burning hot enough.

At the end you will normally be left with a lump of red-glowing semi-molten steel in the bottom of the cage, try to knock this out with care as it is VERY hot!

check out https://www.bath.ac.uk/~chpmpp
for a couple of wire wool vids,using woodys' first set of cages.

WARNING :

Wire/steel Wool Burns at very high temperatures, 1600°C. If using a wire wool burner for the first time ensure you are happy with the weight and extra wind resistance created by using these cages. In other words please, please, practice with an unlit set first and then when performing make sure you have enough space between you and any crowd. For instance I would not be happy doing Wire Wool without at least 20m of open space in all directions.

Cheers Mark P

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
..and if ya put asprin in the the cages, it makes em anti-coagulate. that doesn't even make sense.
walks away quietly

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
You Can't Put Aspirin in a Cage!! - they should be allowed to run free, in the wild.....!

--------------------
'don't do sleep and get 8 hours of drugs'

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

6,978 posts

Posted:
NNOOOOooooooooo!
do you know how reckless it is to let asprin free? when not caged up they eat ur garbage, kill native species and take your babies!
OH THE HUMANITY.

they steal ur icecream too.
especially biscuit icecream. mmmm biscuit.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Damn it Bender... now I'm hungry for icecream...
(leaves to walk to the shop... in freezing Melbourne... I might add... ( yeah I'm a damn Queenslander in Mebourne... ))

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Damn it u guy's r wonderful!

How helpful u all r! Mr P, fankyoo verri much for your incredibly detailed description I don't think I've ever had a question answered so effectively! R u also known az PK, or iz dat sumone else?
Hoohooo Hwhat Hluvly Hweather we've been having..
hmm..Playtym 4 Princess Pyro once again (tee-hee).
Dom, dus I know yoo?

DFQ xxx

PS: I'd just like to say, that last year I
successfully released two fully grown Asprin
back into the wild. Despite the fact that they'd spent the entirety of their short lives in captivity, so far I've heard no reports of baby-snatching, let alone frozen-dairy-product theft.

Az abouve, So below...

6,978 posts

Posted:
Oh suffer the poor ringtailed possums, for they will never reclaim their native numbers.

like 3.14

"I Don't like people who take drugs. Like Customs officers"
-Phillip Ruddock

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
shouldn't this be in technical? POINT

so um, do you light the steel wool at the top or at the bottom of the cage? or does it matter?

I got some steel wool the other day, but I didn't know how to do it, so I just put it on the outside of regular wick and spun with fuel, needless to say, it didn't work so well, but I am going to try the bird cage method now....thanks!!!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Just a quickie-

2 make appologies to PK + Mark P,- had I been thread more observant, I would have noticed that you are actually not the same person at all..

Sorry

DFQ xx

Az abouve, So below...

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
I noted elsewhere that it might be fun on a hot new orleans summer night to make weighted poi "wicks" out of bottles of sparkling water with small necks and loose corks.. spin till fizzy, cork pops and water squirts everywhere like a sparker, but more along the lines of my other prime element, WATER. =)

--dut, pro fire grinner.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
is a coagular a kind of big cat?
Definately shouldn't be in cages,
well unless they're really dangerous and rabid, like mr offender their who has completly lost it now. (i like your randomness BTO:))
But take the asprin out first or it won't fit.

DFQ,
She's only little you know, but shes very daaark.
like an ardvaaark.
(which are the staple diet of male coagulars I think)

I think bender_the_offender has rubbed off on me.
I've started gibbering again.
probably time to end this post now then
roger captain.
over and out.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Glass, Have you ever not Gibbered?

Az abouve, So below...

6,978 posts

Posted:
Mua ha ha (cue dark music - like 'Tool - Die Eier Von Satan.mp3')
quote:
I've started gibbering again.

"He who can gibber a thing, controls a thing".

I will take one hundred of your gibberers and train them. This one hundred will train the thousands that remain. When the gibber flow stops, all eyes will turn to pink. The Baron and the Cantus himself will be forced to deal with us. Ramsay St will become the center of the Universe!

6,978 posts

Posted:
asprin is yummy cus it thins my blood. kinda like Lestat, only edible.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Wow, from now On, I'm going to be truly inspired by jesus standing behind me holding my hand whenever i'm holding my staff. Thanks bender for that great sports inspiration.

I'm just gonna sign up as a new deciple of benders cult of gibbering offenders. slurp. slurp.

when we go to the alter we get asprin and whine.
a knockout combination. The body and the spirit etc. etc.

watch out for those coaglars I've heard that they've got a spike in their tail like cheeters only their better to play cards with.

DFQ, i hope not

glass

In case of emergency....

6,978 posts

Posted:
Reprent! Repent today I say!
For the 3.5 Asprin of apocalypse cometh.
(there was a fourth but the silly sod forget to wipe his boots on the way in and his poor widow has only a half dissolved husband to support their three young capsules.)

The first wave of crying and gnashing of teeth(C+GT) shall becometh when a wave of effervescence permeates the world's oceans, of not your coffe mug.

The second wave ...
(all together now!
THERE IS NO SECOND WAVE

the third wave, there will be funny bubbles left over from the second asprin of apocalypse. generally sticking to the sides of the glass.

Learn then, gentle disciples, that your teachings of peace, compassion and schoolgirl outfits shall reveal to you the truth about apocalypse: that he wasn't actually a mutant. Thus my children, Apocaypse could never be part of they who call themselves X-men.

Now let us self-flagellate....
/whips out a rubber chicken

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
HaHa-HeeHee-HoHo-HooHoo! my rubber bands fell down da loooo!!

Happy Mondayz Evri-body-peeps

I hav returned from the Abyss to elasticate once again! Was sumwot incapacitated all last week with a manky head cold/flu thing most likely a result of poor sleep patternz)- I feel I must expain, for I was a little out of sorts last tues- Glass- I didn't even say goodbye.. so sorry. Sending big (but ickle), fuzzy (not forgetting daark) hug 2 yooo!

Hoo-Hoo! - Eni-bodi goin 2 Daves dis Sat?

'NO! It's the lever- god damn it I told you!!!'

P.S: 'Coagulate' -
1.To cause (a fluid such as blood)to change into a soft, semisolid mass or (of such fluid) to change into such a mass; clot; curdle.
2.The solid or semisolid substance produced by 'Coagulation'.

- Collin's Dictionary? How dare they be so publicly decieving!? We all know what Coagulars REALLY are! Damn liars!!

Az abouve, So below...