Forums > Social Chat > LOTR Two Towers Trailer!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
WOOOHOOOO!!

https://81.18.161.30/movies/lotrtwotowers.zip

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!

It's kind of low quality, but still a fairly big file. In quicktime format.

I wish it'd come out now, why do I have to wait for christmas!!??

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I must be the only person who hasn't seen the first one yet.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
s'ok. I think I am one of the few people who hasn't seen Titanic or the Harry Potter movie thing.

R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well I haven't seen Harry Potter..have seen LOTR

But I haven't seen ANY of the Jurassic Park movies either. Not one....

When I was in my last year of High School I was the only one in my Physics class not to have seen Jurassic Park. And that was 5ish years ago now.

So don't feel bad phunky.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I haven't seen the first one yet either

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
quote:
s'ok. I think I am one of the few people who hasn't seen Titanic or the Harry Potter movie thing.

R.

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN TITANIC YET!?!?!

I honestly thought every woman on this world has seen this movie at least twice. I myself have been dragged to this move 3 times. Not to mention the other couple of times where i had to watch it on video...

ah, the things you do for some lovin

[ 04 April 2002, 20:10: Message edited by: phunky ]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Still haven't seen Titanic. Don't think I ever will, either.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I'm with Glowshow on that one

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
LOTR on the other hand, I've seen once, I wanna see again, and I'll buy the collector's edition DVD when it comes out n November. (4 DVDs, 2 Versions of the movie! WOOT!)

In 2 to 3 years time when all the DVDs are out I want to have a 9 hours LOTR party. Just one massive day of LOTR total immersion (and lots of beer).

Orcs and Goblins and Beer. Oh My!

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have to agree...if you value your sanity, don't bother with Titanic! Bleck!

I loved Lord of the Rings, and I am a huge Tolkien fan. I think they did great with what they were given and was very impressed with the visuals of the movie (I want to take a couple home with me...helloooo Aragon!). I have the trailer for the first on the film reel, my housemate swiped it from the movie theater! The trailers for the 2nd and 3rd have been around while taunting and teasing me.....
God I relish the anticipation all the while hating it too!
Harry Potter is good. I never was into the books until I saw the movie, then I started reading them to my son and they are pretty good.

We saw Resident Evil recently, chalk that up with Titanic as a no see-um. Ick.
Oh, and there were supposed to be shots of Fireworks Dance Co. in the recently released "Queen of the Damned", I think they ended up on the cutting room floor as there was no fire other than staged pyrotechnics in the movie . I am also an enormous Anne Rice fan (well, of **most** of her books). THose of you who are fans, I advise you not to see this movie! It is a gross bastardization of some wonderful storytelling!
Just my .02

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Damn simultaneous posting!
Dru..I was planning on doing the same thing, and buying the huge boxed set that will be out after all three have been released!
I'll bring the Elvish Green wine to the party!!
Maybe a bit of Dwarvish Ale! (ever see the recipes for those?)

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

3,638 posts

Posted:
--in full agreement with Pele--

Loved the black riders especially (they were so close to the ones in my head...few films manage to do that when you've read the book) Big thumbs up...

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Dru, I love your sig! That is great!

I actually just got my 11 year old brother (The same one I am teaching to spin poi) into these books. He started with the Hobbit, and has just moved on to The Fellowship of the Ring. I just picked up the Hobbit myself, so I guess it has begun again. I'm not a particular fan of fantasy, but Tolkien was the MAN!

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Shall I spoil a few films for those that haven't seen them?

Titanic - It sinks.Lord of the Rings - you know the one ring? It binds them all....Jurassic Park - the dinosaurs get loose and eat folks.Harry Potter - erm.....small boy. Does magic.Dune - the worm is the spiceWhistle Down the Wind - He's not Jesus. He's an escaped convict.Gone with the Wind - He doesn't give a damn. Quite frankly.The Matrix - there is no spoon.

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
That's pretty F!cking funny, Cantus

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
That Jack fellow.

Meh

3,638 posts

Posted:
lol.........very funny

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
*wipeing away tear dramaticly*

*sniff* I'll never let go, jack, never............

Jesus helps me trick people.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I just seen the Damned Queen movie and I see no firetwirling. I think i was too busy being disappointed at the treatment of Anne Rice material!!

On an even more off topic tangent, Norwegian model Kristanna Loken will play the VX Terminator that fights Arnie's T800 Terminator in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. She's gunna use Krav Maga plus If we're lucky we might get to see some fire twirling.
ah ha ha hha

[ 05 April 2002, 16:56: Message edited by: Bender_the_Offender ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I fell asleep on my girlfreinds shoulder in titanic. She didn't appreciate that......

Well ive never seen The Clerks, Chasing Amy, Mall Rats, and Jay and Silent Bob strike back........but i have seen Dogma.

Good on usGood on us all

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I thought dogma was an entertaining movie. Something about alanis morisette being god was quite humorous

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Dogma was hilalious...but then Kevin Smith is a God in my opinion. Nobody else does dialogue like that man...some of his comics are pretty funny too...

Jello, you wouldn't happen to know where to find a copy of the Twin Towers preview in another format would you? Nasty work people only do Windows Media...

I've seen LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring 3 times now...which I wouldn't recommend. The first and second times are amazing, but by the third you're starting to be able to say the lines and your brain is a little sick of seeing the first third of a film, effectively. And since the first one was the only book I ever read, I'm really interested in finding out how it all ends up...

Oh yes, Cantus, it binds them right?

Cheers
C

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Also...while we're on films again...

Has anyone seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch ?

I would love anyone's comments on this amazing film (and also play, though I haven't seen it as a play yet.)
Cheers,
C

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Hey, sorry, havn't been able to find another format. I've been exteding my powers all over the interenet to do so, but well, to be honest, my powers are crap.

And oddly enough I saw The Fellowship of the Ring 8 times and still really enjoyed watching it. And just so you know, I only saw it in the theaters twice, I borrowed a bootleg copy from some guy, but he took it back so you can never prove anything! But anyways, it's still rocked, than again it's my perfect dream world, so I may be bias.

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
No no, don't get me wrong...I still loved the film...I'm just dying to see the rest, which detracted from my enjoyment...that's all...

Cheers for looking for me!

C

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I'll keep my eyes open Carrey, these things usually show up when you least expect them:)

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Dogma was pretty good, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as Chasing Amy, Clerks or Mallrats. I've not seen Jay and Silent Bob strike back - none of the cinemas around here would show it

I'm incredably glad to say I've seen no longer than 5 minutes of Titanic, I saw all the people falling off the end of the ship as it started to tip upright before sinking. If you can stop yourself from thinking that it probably actually happened like that, it's quite funny watching them bounce.

I keep meaning to go see LOTR again, but it's only being shown once a day at 10.45am at the cinema here now and I can't justify taking the time off work. I end up sleeping too late during the weekends too.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
you must read this!
https://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=534018

"no! will his cuteness suffer?!"

Pere

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I really liked LOTR as well, but there was one bit in it that just really gave me the shits.

Arwen, who sohuldn't even be in the film at this point in time. Grabs Frodo, rides valiantly to the river then turns around and says. "If you want him, come and claim him"

In my opion, this could only have been more hollywood, if she had turned around and said
"Go ahead, make my day"

It really did shit me that bit.

Good on usGood on us all

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
"We wants it, so we will gets it... my preciousssss...."

Hehe golum is so cool

Was the trailer supposed to be flickering? Because it kinda worried me, it was flickering the same way my eyes screw up when I get a migrane. Freaked me out there.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine:
you must read this!
https://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=534018

"no! will his cuteness suffer?!"

Pere

hehe, that was great:D

Page: