Forums > Help! > urgent!! can't access HOP!!!

Login/Join to Participate

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ok... first of all i have a confession to make, i'm a student. eek
i live in an area of Nottingham infested with other students including other twirlers and jugglers and at the moment NONE OF US CAN GET ON HOP!!!! frown
(i'm using a public computer at the moment)
It's been like this for some time, everytime i type in the web addess it can't locate the server and it's the same for the others. i've tried links and managed to get to the shop but no further. i can access HOP from public PC's and people living in other areas of the city have no trouble.
so far i've come to the conclusion that it's the budget NTL broadband we're all using but have no idea how to rectify the situation... any ideas?
is there any chance it's just our own computers?
will my ISP give a toss if i phone them up to complain?
are NTL just poo?
any one else had similar trouble? umm

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
ntl are poo, but this site doesn't actually work for me

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
who are you with then?

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
yeah, complain to the isp!!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

firewalls?

try pinging HOP (look up "how to ping" or simialar on google if you are unsure about the command)

Try accessing different bits of HOP. Does it only not work when you are on the message board or can you get to the main page? How about the shop?

otherwise ring up ntl and tell them. I had NTL at home and found that they were really helpful. I also had a few problems. One with the modem only once not working for any reason. That hasnt happend again. But usually it just invlolves turning the computer off...then the Cable modem (the silver box thingy with all the trippy lights) (or Hub/ switch if you have one). Waiting 5 minutes. then turning the modem on, then the hub/ switch, then finally the computer.

Try that all first...