Forums > Social Chat > Updated to new Bulletin Board version

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
The new look is going to take some getting used to.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Actually, this messageboard is exactly the same as another i frequent. Muah, no more gettin used to.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I didn't realize how often I came to this bulletin board before it went down today and I found myself with nothing to do. It should go down more often...maybe I'll get some school work done then...

Props to the new look Malcolm! The instant graemlin feature is key!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well this is kinda scary, in a bright and shiny kind of fashion.

The instant UBB code thing takes some of the fun out of knowing how to use it better than others.

Still, mustn't complain. Change is good. Only through change can we better ourselves.....

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It looks pretty slick. Except for the "rate member" stuff. I'm a HS teacher, I don't need people telling me that they hate me during my spare time too. It could get ugly...

[ 04 April 2002, 12:28: Message edited by: NYC ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I like the rating thing.

Someone has given me 5 stars.

These two statements are completely unrelated.

Honest......

Meh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Just for that i'm going to rate you a 1 muahahah.

j/k

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
We will have to experiment & see how many votes it takes to get back to zero...

R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
Sweeeeet...i like the new format...its pretty coool...is kinda weird looking tho..lol..havent seen my stars yet....if i even got any...lol...welll gonna go check out s'more posts...peace

p.l.u.r.r.
Xtrem

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Hey malcom, is it possible to activate the quote function. The other messageboard i go to has it as an option near the profiles icon.

I know you can just do the quote thing by UBB code but as we all know i'm a lazy bum and would rather click a button

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
I like it!! It looks just like another board that I am posting on.

I was thinking the other day how the old board seemed a little older.. and then we got this cool update...

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
quote:
Do you mean this one, or something else?
There is a little "Instant UBB Code" section underneath the box where you post your replies...

But you could mean something else entirely!!!

R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
this is nice...i like.
btw: i'm finally spinning fire!
the 3 piece firestaff from the shop is wonderful, although i almost slung it across the yard the first time i picked it up...much lighter than i was expecting. back to topic...
this style is lets me get where i'm going faster...if i want threads, i click the link. if i want something else, i don't have to wait for umpteen threads to load. very nice.

life begins between the night and the light.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Freaky!

S'all good, change is as good as a holiday.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Pheelgoodmember
30 posts

Posted:
YAY, i like. so much so that i can't even remember what the old one looked like...

IT'S VERY EASY.

sorry to shout about it, though.

Phil

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
quote:
There is a little "Instant UBB Code" section underneath the box where you post your replies...

But you could mean something else entirely!!!

R.

ya, thats what i'm looking for lol.

But the other msgboard includes the name of the person who quoted it also.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
this is prety scary. i think this rating thing could turn into abit of a domestic...but apart from thats its nice. oooh!!! i like the instant graemlins!!!!

sorry. there just so cool!

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
i know!!! ill rate myself, therfore avoiding the embarresment of finding out everyone hates me....its a cunning plan...
so cunning you could stck a tail on it and call it a weasel...he he he

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Consider my web designer/usability hat now firmly on, so I have to give feedback!

I like it! New features, nicer layout. Cool!

However 2 things I immediately noticed.

1- Text size a bit too large for my liking. I've actually turned down the font size in my browser to make it smaller

2 - There should be lines (table borders) on topic lists. For usability purposes a line helps differentiate a long list of topics, and helps match up the topic, name, etc... This is doubly important as you have vertical lines of colour as well.

Any chance of losing the grey page backgrounds?

Apart from that, it's cool! I like.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I actually like the bigger font size. Though sitting infront of the TV or computer my whole life has damaged my vision quite a bit

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Another thing i like is how it shows the recently visited people. Lurkers beware, we're on to you!

quote:
originally posted by NYC:

It looks pretty slick. Except for the "rate member" stuff. I'm a HS teacher, I don't need people telling me that they hate me during my spare time too. It could get ugly...
I don't know about the ratings system either... I've gotten into arguments with so many people i've lost track...

[ 04 April 2002, 21:39: Message edited by: phunky ]

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
eeeeer...
I am a bit lost here...
Probably cause I could not properly understand the whole thing but anyway, here is my feedback and my questions

a) the design in general is very pleasant allthough I agree with the lines to mke the difference

b) how does this member rate system goes ??? what is this ? How many people like you ? or it is related to something else ?

... hmmm...
looking forward to getting used to this and feeling "at home" again...

and also

c) Malcolm ... when on earth did you find the time to do all that with your wedding and all ? you truely are amazing !!!!!!!

shine on
Cass

[ 04 April 2002, 23:56: Message edited by: Cassandra ]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I like it, the bigger font is brilliant - the 2 computers I use most often both suffer really badly from glare because they're at the window facing the sun. I can actually read the posts without squinting now

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
still looking around and trying to see what's new and all :

I like the fact that you welcome the newest people on HoP

I like the preview post thing [LIST]

Malcolm ... you are member number 2 ... gee ... who's number 1 ? ... and thinking of "the prisonner"... who is member number 6 ???

And just my opinion : Everyone is 5 stars even if we can't love everyone the same and even if sometimes we simply don't like some members ... yes, I know it sounds cheesy but I mean it

I don't quite understand the login thing... what is the use ? why and when log out ?
sorry, again this is the one and only BB I am part of, so I am not familiar with all that.

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
hey the re-direct page from my bookmark is lacking a .com (from homeofpoi) so it doesnt work other than that looks good.

oh and apparently i was logged on all night

Pere

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
I'm not too crazy about the new design.... I find it confusing.

1. Need lines!
2. I miss people's geographical location in the left column, right next to their name. Now it's under the message, I find it less convenient to read. I would prefer still seeing that rather than the rating stars. Are they really necessary anyway?...
3. I like the welcome page and the new features (who's been here recently, etc.)

Nomad

[ 05 April 2002, 01:39: Message edited by: Nomad ]

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Ack. Just deleting th a stoopid post I put up...must read more closely before posting!

[ 05 April 2002, 01:45: Message edited by: Paddy ]

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
wait i'm not Pele! (last time I looked anyway...)

Pere
(you can pronounce it Pear or Perry or like some french word, I say Pear myself...)

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
heh- this is pretty cool. I think i could get used to it.

Not sure about the member rating though- but I like the member Number instead of the post count.

Also the instant UBB code is rockin.

Cheers Malcolm, well done.

N8

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Oh wait! now that I'm looking at it- The 'todays active posts' section has REALLY TINY FONT. I can read it still, barely, but I have to squint. I think that the old list of post titles was better.

Just a little constructive crit- Malcolm, I think you've done wonders with the site already.

OH! and is there anyway you could put a spell-check on the board as a UBB tool. That would Rock.
N8

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Page: