ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
I just realized today that my two main credit card accounts have been open since 2000. That was back when I was 19 years old and had zero credit history, so they gave me high interest rates. I have great credit now, so I called up the credit card companies to barter with them over my APR. One of them went down to 9.99% from 19.8% and the other went down to 9.99% from 12.74%. I wish I had done this sooner!

I already knew from working in the wireless phone industry that I should stay current with promotions on wireless phones and rate plans that are out there. Sometimes people will come into the store threatening to leave us for another carrier because they're paying too much. It usually turns out they are on a plan from 5 years ago that they never bothered to change. We're not allowed to change people's rate plans without their knowledge, so they'd better give us a call or stop by once in a while. We're not door to door salesman, you know.

Anyway, I thought I would throw this tidbit out there in case anyone else hasn't asked about their wireless rate plan or credit card APR lately. smile