Forums > Help! > trouble with newish mobile phone

Login/Join to Participate

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
i really feel quite embarressed for asking what is probably such a simple and silly question, but i have tried all can think, which i must admit, wasn't a lot, and i simply can't work it out.

i recently bought a second hand mobile phone, i don't really know what model, all those numbers confuse me, but it is around about a 3330, 3315 ???? do these numbers make sense???? neway...the person who had it before me was a great holden fan, and there is a great big ugly HSV banner across the screen that i want to get rid of....can neone tell me how to do that...i tried to restore the factory settings and it said that i needed a code which i do not know. Is that a manufactures code or possibly from the person who owned it before me?????

a wee little help would be good

cheers beerchug

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Well, I cant help without actually looking at the phone but you might want to at least give the brand of the phone even if you dont know the exact model number. No one can help you without knowing the brand at least.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

AzzorBRONZE Member
10 posts

Posted:
It sounds like you need to restore the operator logo. To do this, ask anyone who sells different logos (theres many websites out there that do), they should be able to help you out.

Rohan

157 posts

Posted:
my apologies...it is a nokia and i have been told it is a 3330

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
you will probably have to go to a website like myvodafone.com.au and SMS yourself a new logo. This will cost you money.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

157 posts

Posted:
well that is a bit crap.....

well...cheers beerchug

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
ubbidea Or you could just learn to love it... Try buying a bumper sticker that says " on the 7th day god created holden" and, oooh, wear a black t-shirt with a picture of a naked woman reclining on a car. You never know, you may tap into a part of you that you never knew existed. rolleyes

All a joke... we don't need anymore! spank I'm as dumb as they come with phones, but just turning the wallpaper off in settings doesn't work? confused I think i may have the same phone, although i have never had a personalized picture thingy so...?
sorry!

hug weavesmiley hug

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Hey Dj, working in a phone company has helped me out a bit, the factory setings codes are pre-set to 12345, however if this does not work it means the pre owner change the security code, and you will need to go to a Nokia dealer to reset this. Hope this helps a bit... tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

157 posts

Posted:
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....awesome.....it worked.....thanks heaps Arsn

and as for the bumper stickers, i saw one at work the other day, but what made it so funny was the the guy dring the car was totally dressed in the holden racing outfit, the gap the jacket the whole do and the car was a new little ford laser

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cheers beerchug

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
beerchug Glad to help...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men