Page: ...
T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
WE'RE SLACK DON'T BELEAVE ANY ON THIS THREAD (apart from maybe the most recent post)

If you want to meet up with any smelly hippy fire spinners in bristol post something to ask when and where people are meeting up. most people are quite nice and will happily help you or if thats not your thing ask me and i'll abuse you for no reason biggrin

p.s. Normally we meet up on sunday 2:30-5pm at the Student union, Queens Road, Clifton (But this only runs in term time)

Oh yeah b4 you ask no you don't need to be a student

EDITED_BY: T&B (1142525038)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Yay! See you all tomorrow biggrin Tim, hope your knee is better !

Mike

P.S. How was lamb ??

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
umm afraid my leg is still too f**ked to do any spinning so won't be able to make it this week. ubbcrying

was still going to come along and shout random abuse and other spinners for being able to spin but as Sy ill i don't fancy walking all the way down to college green + still have lots of props to make for next weekend. That unless Anna could pick me up in her car b4 you start spinning.

Otherwise people are going to have to bring there own paraffin cos circusoc supply is at mine. umm

Anyway think my legs on the mend so should be spinning by the weekend.

P.S. possibly the best lamb gig i've seen which put it into possible the best gig i've seen category.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Was down last week with Liora and was gonna go this week.

If you'd like a lift down give us a shout although I;ve left my bloody phone at home..

mobile 666

work num if above don't work 666

Will bring some parafin whatever......

EDITED_BY: garthy (1076583066)

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
hooray I can log in again!!!
this wednesday was really great, it's nice to see these evenings getting more popular! Its also great to put names to faces from Hop. see everyone next week weather permitting... we're trying to get permission from the council to hold our performance on 21st at college green, it seems to be the best place for it cool so everyone's welcome
byyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeee

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Wicked to meet you all last wednesday - hope everyone's coming down next week beerchug

P.S. Tim, just tried out my new wicks, mmmm ubblove biggrin - thanks a lot for giving me a hand yesterday!

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Garthy cheers for the lift last week was much appreciated

Afraid i'm not going to be able to make it this week due to do a little kiddies show (come here little kiddies let me show you something really impressive, yes it is 5ft and glowing eek)

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Just found out the show starts at 2pm so i will be able to make it after all and this time i'll be able to spin. weavesmiley ubbrollsmile weavesmiley

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Garthy cheers for the lift last week was much appreciated

No Worries, any time.

Gonna really spin some fire this week! wink

No Really, I mean it!

weavesmiley

borismcnorrisprofessional pedant
137 posts

Posted:
Quote:

As so many Bristolians pop down for a spin last wednesday thought we might as well make it a regular thing.

weavesmiley So college green 7:30pm Wednesdays weavesmiley

That unless some forgets to bribe the weather man

So, there I was, on college green, poi in hand, paraffin at the ready, but there was no-one there. Not even anyone looking as if they were waiting for others. frown

flakes, the lot of you tongue

is anyone going to be there next week cos it would be nice to spin with some others for a change and put some HoP-names to real faces.

A warrior always returns to the fray. He never does so out of stubbornness, but because he has noticed a change in the weather - Paulo Coelho

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Sorry about that was intending to go but still got too much to prepare for our show this Friday.

next week show well be done and stress well be a thing of the past so Wednesday nights can get back into there groove. biggrin well until my finals start in about 5weeks mad

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

So, there I was, on college green, poi in hand, paraffin at the ready, but there was no-one there. Not even anyone looking as if they were waiting for others. frown.....is anyone going to be there next week cos it would be nice to spin with some others for a change and put some HoP-names to real faces.

I'll be there on Saturday night if you fancy meeting up? Probably about 8ish for an hour or two, and taking some photos around Bristol too with Aiden. Then you can put a HoP name to my face! biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Sorry! was also rehearsing...

Saturday sounds good- fancy going to tribe of frog afterwards?

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
yeah, sorry I wasn't there wed - was rehearsing... sound familiar?! Anyway yeah Sat on college green sounds good and definately up for tribe of frog too! Holly, if you're reading this thread - are you involved in this event, do you need any performers who you want to give free entry to??! ubbangel

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Quote:

is anyone going to be there next week cos it would be nice to spin with some others for a change and put some HoP-names to real faces.

Sorry so many of us weren't there on Wed, I hear some people still turned up... anyway should be a bigger turn out this week cool

borismcnorrisprofessional pedant
137 posts

Posted:
in the words of a famous american politician: "i'll be back!"

I'll try to bring a couple of others with me as well to add to the numbers

hopefully see you all there! wave
weavesmiley

A warrior always returns to the fray. He never does so out of stubbornness, but because he has noticed a change in the weather - Paulo Coelho

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
And this week I've promised to provide cheese to who ever has the blackest be the end of the night

Cheese and Fire what more could you want in an evening ubbrollsmile

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
..aeh, asymetrically lit 10cm staffs !? wink biggrin

can't wait to play with fire again, but can't make it tomorrow unfortunately (its a bit faaaaar away wink)

see you all soon,

Mike wave

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
it may be raining, but that'll just make the blackest person tonight even more worthy: to fight against the evil cleaning power of water... mad
No cheating though, ie. camo paint, mud etc... you have to be black from trying the most outrageously difficult tricks (and failing repeatedly), I suppose black burns would be acceptable, but not really adviseable umm ...

hint - the less clothes you wear, the more skin you have to make black... (or maybe I just want everything to be X-rated)... biggrin

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Well done Laura for winning the cheese Yesterday must say you managed to out do every one by painting your face with a staff every through you'd already won. ubbtickled

The most popular sugestion for next wednesday cheese competion was the Chocolate sharing competion so whoever brings and shares the most amount of chocolate will going home with some cheese.

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
but then where's the incentive to do stupid tricks that you know you cant do yet?! eek

A competition for who can share the most chocolate?!?! That's no incentive for fire spinning like a lunatic!! mad Anyway you know I'd just come with nothing and eat everyone's chocolate... and then go and buy myself cheese anyway! biggrin

No, the blackest person idea was great fun... cos I won. wink and I forced myself to try club juggling and to do neck wraps - I probably got more burns than usual, but oh it was worth it ubbtickled beerchug

how about we do the chocolate thing at circusoc instead!? ubbloco

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Anyway you know I'd just come with nothing and eat everyone's chocolate... and then go and buy myself cheese anyway!

Dam it you gave anyway my plan, I was going to enjoy stuffing my face with other peoples chocolate.

caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
Ooohh what time do you usually spin till? Can I invite myself? I'll bring food ubbloco

Caz x

Caz

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Anyone busy on Saturday? (13th) I'll be on College Green again with my new glowing sock poi...newly perfected hyperloops and new...erm......well that's it but I'll deffo be there from about 8:30 onwards biggrin wave

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Should be able to make it Saturday but depends on many a thing ( madgrrr much work needs to be done mad)

Caz we tend to spin for about an an hour or two or to be more exact untill the pub time wink anyway come along going to be a extra fun cos on wednesday it'll be another year closer to Laura's getting old and dying tongue be perpared for some very drunk spinning, cheap Vodka and lot's sillyness ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Quote:

come along going to be a extra fun cos on wednesday it'll be another year closer to Laura's getting old and dying tongue

charmed I'm sure umm

Quote:

be perpared for some very drunk spinning, cheap Vodka and lot's sillyness ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

Yes I wanted to say a huge thankyou for the great turn out last night - it was great to have some drumming and the alcohol seemed to actually improve my club juggling... I shall continue my liquid diet in the hope that all my circus skills improve - drunken back flip anyone?! ubbloco

Cool, well I had a great night and I'm going to enjoy my birthday boxing day in a similar state of inebriation no doubt! biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Glad you had a good time!!

I'#ve talked to Aidan about the pics he's taken. He's got some really cool ones from the show and apparently some even better ones from the saturday we met up biggrin

He should have them with him on saturday night if any of yous are gonna be in/around College Green? I'll be lighting up bout 8ish...so long as it aint pouring down!!

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Be popping down if I get the chance. My mates B'day so not quite sure what the plan is. May try to intergrate my spinning into her night! (Hehe)

I belive Custom bug I owe you a cool refreshing beer for my destructive tendencies last time we met.

Any preference? I quite like Adnams Broadside as it reminds me of home beerchug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hey Garthy...didn't make it saturday, it was too wet for me to venture out. Once I hit a certain amount of wter I start melting! ubblol
I've now nailed three different hyperloops thanks to your little tutorial so I think we may be squares on the beers...but if you insist I'm easy when it comes to a pint of Smilers Heritage, or perhaps a 6X or two! Never heard of Adnams Broadside...what's it like?

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Yeah! I looked outside and thought "Sod it!"

Me teaching someone hyperloops! eek I can barely do them my self! Maybe you're confusing me with someone who can spin poi! biggrin

Adnams is a local brewery from near where I'm from and broadside is a strong ale I used to drink as a kid as it got you fairly plastered and it was cheap as it was local! beerchug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yep it was deffinately you Longshanks who tought me to pull off the 'loop! Maybe i'll show you how to finish them off so they don't get tangled sometime! biggrin

mmmmmm...Adnams looks good....I wanna try the Broadside and the Fisherman and the Tally Ho so I guess I'd better get my ass over to sunny Norwich for a brew!!

Page: ...