Page: ......
T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
WE'RE SLACK DON'T BELEAVE ANY ON THIS THREAD (apart from maybe the most recent post)

If you want to meet up with any smelly hippy fire spinners in bristol post something to ask when and where people are meeting up. most people are quite nice and will happily help you or if thats not your thing ask me and i'll abuse you for no reason biggrin

p.s. Normally we meet up on sunday 2:30-5pm at the Student union, Queens Road, Clifton (But this only runs in term time)

Oh yeah b4 you ask no you don't need to be a student

EDITED_BY: T&B (1142525038)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
biggrinabsolutely nothing to do with hedgehogs!

I'm ok thanks for askin. Got to have operation tho- can't drive for couple of days. Methinks any poi activity will be put on hold for a little while.

Can't bath for a week- so I don't expect anyone will want to come near me anyway ubblol

XLenX

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Hey you bristolians

how's spinning in good ol' brisl ? Wish i could pop over for a juggle on sundays with you guys... frown

I'm still out here in Seattle .. have tons of work & little time to go and do circussy stuff but am trying to go at least one a forthnight or so.. there's a good group of people here. But otherwise i have little to tell, since i spend most of my time in the office. At least the people in the lab are friendly & social and generally a good laugh.

Also a distinct lack of psytrance out here frown i am in desperate need of a good bounce so will be heading for the first tribe of froggy night that comes along when i'm back ! bounce

Anyway, hope things are well - see you all in two months or so ..

Mike wave hug

P.S. Laura - have you seen "Good bye Lenin ?" - i saw it the other day - its the funniest german movie i've ever seen ubblol.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: Psi

Hey you bristolians twats

how's spinning in that sh*t hole you call brisl ? glad I've got a good reason not to pop over for a juggle on sundays with you guys... tongue

I'm still out here in Seattle .. have tons of work & little time to go and do circussy stuff but am trying to go at least one a forthnight or so.. there's a good group of people here, much nicer than you lot. But otherwise i have little to tell, since i spend most of my time in the office. At least the people in the lab are friendly & social and generally a good laugh.

Also a distinct lack of psytrance out here which is the only thing I miss frown i am in desperate need of a good bounce so will be heading for the first tribe of froggy night that comes along when i'm back ! bounce

Anyway, hope you all die before i come back - If not I think i'll stay out here ..

Mike mad2 censored mad2

P.S. Laura - you're the wrost one of them all, thought i'd seen the last of you when you went off to austria but no you had to come back and force me to move to seattle to get away from you

that not very nice frown

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
ubblol

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
indeed ubblol, bit too much time on your hands though perhaps Tim??! wink

hey Mike! nice to hear from you biggrin bounce
spinning in Brizzle is generally cold, so we're pretty slack with the fire spinning now, but the sundayfun is still cool cool

Tim and I have been putting together some nice little routines for a fashion show (oh joy of joys, my favourite sort of performance!! wink ), Sy's been inspired on the juggling front - was passing with him t'other week!
And oli is still carrying on messing with our heads while simultanouesly seeming to turn himself inside-out with various inversions in his characteristic drunken master style ubblol

Oh and yes, I have seen Goodbye Lenin, thought it was very funny too (!!)

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Oi Oi

if anyone's about this Saturday it's Buy Nothing Day, a international day of anti-consumption to mark the start of the festive season...

People and Planet are putting on a day of free fun in broadmead... face painting, hair braiding, street theatre, and other assorted antics. It'd be really good to have some other spinners come down.

It's on from midday til 5ish... and should be a fun (if somewhat cold) day out. And I'm likely to be filming stuff there...

Sy

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblol oi oi oi indeed bitches... nana

i'm comin down this weekend!! don't expect too much activity from me on saturday but i'll be up for a spin on sunday if anyone's about... ubbrollsmile

mike - having not been in this thread at all latley (mainly cos of that censored tim wink ) i timed it pretty well.. good to hear from you! gimmie a shout when you get back an i'll see what we can do about hooking you up to with straightline psy injections to a few of your major arteries... hug biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Hello Chris nice to know that you still think am a censored basicall this weekend is the main capoira weekend end so think am going to be going along to most of that. Today am not trainning cos to give my wrist abit of a brake so but am not going to infected either frown so if your up for a pre clubbing drink give us a bell (that goes of pink as well who I told I was in cardiff (07821 415 498)) also saturday training ends at 7pm so if your up would be worth poping into the union to see some of the masters playing. sunday is circusoc 2:30 till 5pm which over laps exactly with capoira so i'll do abit of both, but if it's sunny before hand I'll be up for a spin in the cold smile anyway give us a bell

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wicked... i'll definately be along to circus soc and possibly be along on saturday but i am just about to go ravin till 6am after 5 hours sleep since the last one and a week of being ill an i still feel like crap so the chances aren't terribly likely... we'll see what happens.... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

BohemianTravellernewbie
11 posts

Posted:
Ho!
Was down in Broadmead today, but saw no spinners, d'oh! I'd really like to come see you guys tomorrow afternoon, but i'm SHY redface

Trying to get other spinners to come with me, hope to see you all soon. Its hard being out of the in crowd juggle

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Don't be shy, they're all lovely talented people smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Yeah, come along, ask who Tim is and go give him a big hug. He loves that hug

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

BohemianTravellernewbie
11 posts

Posted:
AWW...I would have been there, but I am fighting a rediculous hangover today. Alcohol and rollercoasters maybe not such a good idea. Next week for sure! hug

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
think next week might be abit quite as most of us are running of to the circus smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
nice to make it along to a Bristol Circus-soc on sunday. had much fun with the juggling and the poi cricket... smile

BohemianTravellernewbie
11 posts

Posted:
Hey y'all!
Is everyone still at the circus, or will there be a meeting tomorrow/Sunday? If so let me know and i'll be there with bells and Poi on. I need some lessons, i'm officially rubbish. ubbloco

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Indeed there is...

Tommorow... Anson Rooms (Bristol Uni Union) 230 til 5. Its on Queen's rd, in Clifton, just past the roundabout with Pembroke Rd.

And remember to give the bearded hippy a hug

hug

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Forgive a possibly really stoopid question but do u have to be a student to go to circusoc? shrug

XLenX

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
technically yes...

in practice...
no
smile

Nietzsche

old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Eh?

XLenX

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
technically yes you are supposed to be a student, or pay about 15 quid to become an associated member of the union

in practice we don't enforce that, so anyone is welcome to come along.

providing that is they give Tim a big hug.

Tim by the way, is currently considering Neil's suggestion of changing his name to ubblove Sacred Acorn ubblove

Nietzsche

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Are there going to be many meets over christmas holidays? i was thinking of coming up with some of the taunton spinners once they are back from uni

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i was thinking bout coming to some meet aswell

i recon ill be doing it from the saturday coming onwards till jan the 4th (my birthday and also first day of xams)

what's goin on that sorta time then

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
Evening all, erm this is a bit of a weird one but i've decided to drop everything in the pursuit of the most amazing girl i have ever met and move back to Cornwall. And i've already done it. So here i am in Cornhole saying goodbye.
Thank you for all the inspiration and laughs you people have provided and it will not be long till i will need to go back up to Bristhole to visit for more gravity defying spinning action and weekend orientated fun.
Looking back on my spinny times in St Andrews park and such i realised that i was so lucky to float around on a sunday in the sunshine watching real talent and passion coming from such a vast selection of people and in so many forms.
To anyone who made me say wow at any point (and that was pretty much all of you) THANK YOU and please continue to do so for others and strive to be that little bit better. That's what make you guys special.

I'm sure i'll see you all soonish.
Peace, love and lollipops

Tennis

My cat's breath smells like catfood

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
bye bye
hope all goes well in cornwall and make sure your back for a spin soon, remember the anit gravity field only work proberly in st Andrews park.

Other people: afraid spinning has pretty much finished for the year, the union has close for the hoildays and it's to cold to spin outside. sorry about that it'll resume sometime next year.

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
How's the toe Tim?

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
much better scence I hit it with a juggling club and it exploded into my sock

but it's ok am going to blame oli

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Written by: dream

Tim by the way, is currently considering Neil's suggestion of changing his name to ubblove Sacred Acorn ubblove

ubblol It's all that hanging about in trees...

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
Written by: T&B

much better scence I hit it with a juggling club and it exploded into my sock

but it's ok am going to blame oli

good to here your toes on the mend, however im not to blame, i blame the fire safety officer and tim, i think im the only one who didnt start throwing bricks at people... cool

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Oh, Tim, oops, sorry, I mean, Sacred Acorn. There's a Hug Thread on @ Social Chat! hug

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Page: ......