Page: ......
T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
WE'RE SLACK DON'T BELEAVE ANY ON THIS THREAD (apart from maybe the most recent post)

If you want to meet up with any smelly hippy fire spinners in bristol post something to ask when and where people are meeting up. most people are quite nice and will happily help you or if thats not your thing ask me and i'll abuse you for no reason biggrin

p.s. Normally we meet up on sunday 2:30-5pm at the Student union, Queens Road, Clifton (But this only runs in term time)

Oh yeah b4 you ask no you don't need to be a student

EDITED_BY: T&B (1142525038)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
2/3ish

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
hello, i wont be in bristol on sunday, but ill be about on monday, tuesday, wens.... etc etc for spinning .. hopefully when the hurricane has passed smile

beerchug

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I'm not coming as I'm going to this community festival on St. George Park. Sounds as it's gonna be wicked with martial art, theatre, food etc...

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
That does sound quite cool I might have to come along and spin over there instead. What time are you heading there?

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
For those who havnt already heard i'll be moving to bristol in a couple of weeks. Me, Tim and Emily are getting place somewhere but not untill the beginning of October. Does anyone have a sofa i can crash on for a couple of weeks (or even nights) while i sort myself out with a job etc? I will be eternally gratful and do nice things for them biggrin

"Don't do it naked!"

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I can sort you out for couple nights....

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hello all you Bristol people.

I need some help from you. I want to move onto a boat in the bristol area with Mr UCoF. We have been looking at boats and have seen quite a few we like but none of them are in Bristol. We phoned the Bristol waterways people about finding a mooring for one of the boats and they told us there was a 15 year waiting list for moorings in the area. So what I want to ask you is, do any of you know someone with private moorings they can offer us?

The boat we had our hearts set on is huge.... so I don't think we will be buying this beautiful boat unless we find a very large (35m x 5m) mooring that doesn't cost the earth.

Being more realistic we will probably end up with a boat that's somewhere between 57ft and 100ft in length. Any help and advice on securing a mooring in Bristol would be gratefully received.

If you know of a great boat for sale that's already on a mooring in Bristol please let us know about it.

I'm begining to give up hope of ever finding anything in Bristol frown

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
yea, weve got a sofa here too smile will be good to see you

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
o and skully, i know fire tramp used to live on a boat in bristol somewhere... thats all i know though. good luck peace

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Yes indeed I did. It wasn't mine, I was renting but I'll ask around as I know a lot of people now on boats in Bristol! Do you have a boat and just need mooring or would you also be willing to rent a boat that is already moored in Bristol?

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

I want to move onto a boat in the bristol area with Mr UCoF.

biggrin biggrin biggrin

yay... bristle's stealing more wicked spinning/wiggling types

hug

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ann, Skully and Jon are looking to buy either a boat and the mooring or just the mooring. I've had a look around the interent but can't really find anything that Skully wouldn't have already found.

I know a somebody who had/has a boat next to the Riverstation by the Thekla but not even sure how to get hold of him to ask him about it.

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
As Gayle so rightly said, I want to buy a boat. If we can find a boat we like that is already moored in bristol and the mooring is transferable thats all good, but so far the boats we have seen for sale in bristol, and there are very few of them, are either too small or have something very wrong with them. We have a couple of barges to look at in the Bath area, but other than that we have run out of boats in the area to look at.

There are loads of boats for sale and quite a few take our fancy, but finding a mooring for them in Bristol is proving quite hard, hence my appeal to see if you guys knew of any. If we can't find anything soon we will have to start looking at other options of where to go.

frown We were looking forward to coming to Bristol though frown

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Hey Skully kiss

I've just spoken to a guy at work who might know someone with moorings available in the bristol area. He's not going to see him until beginning of Oct, he's gonna have a chat and give me the guys mobile number.

Although - he does know of moorings available in London?? Interested?? But we want you and Jon in Bristol biggrin biggrin wink

I'll keep you posted.

hug ubbrollsmile hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Helz Bellz

But we want you and Jon in Bristol biggrin biggrin wink

ditto

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thanks Hels hug and you Gayle hug

I knew there was a good reason we wanted to move to Bristol biggrin

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
There are some moorings in Keynsham but if you want to be in Bristol centre, there are always moorings to find. A friend of mine on a boat opposite Thekla is gonna ask around.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
right, any one upfor a spiny lazy day in the park today? also its bad by design at the arc bar this evening = free psy trance bounce

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
hiya all!!
I wil get to see you all again.. weeeeee! will be back for two days of the juggle convention smile

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
So, have we a decision about Weds yet? Are we meeting at Tims? Oli's? or the pub? wink

Gayle.....!

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Eve...

Which two days are you about for? It'll be good to catch up, hope all your travelling's been fun.

Gayle...

Tims at 7:30. And its Oli's birthday - so much drunkeness is to be had.

smile

Laura...

are you back yet? if so, where have you been hiding... we don't smell that bad... anymore wink

Mike...

come out and play.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
I have a friend that is moored somewhere close to Keynsham - which isnt really that far out and in some beutiiful countryside - she cycles or walks into work each day - so its deffinaetly do-able. I'll try to track her down tonight when I get to Brizze and post here later
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hello all,
thanks firetramp for the info, alas i was away on a wee island off the south coast of ireland for a Story-telling festival,
it was lovely. hope you had fun.

Sandy- I'm also moving in to Bristol and am interested in moving in with spinny/juggly people, if you're interested,
or maybe skulduggery and UcOf need a first mate, who knows,

see you all in a couple of weeks,
le meas,
Eimhin sunny

cyberspinmember
21 posts

Posted:
hey bristol!

been off the web fo a while and would like to meet up and spin some fire with you people. been doing it for a few years, not free this weekend but are you peeps meeting up the week after?

cyber
x

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven (John Milton)I am the answer to all questions and cause of all problems!

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Cyber - we're all (well most of us) going to be at the bristol jugglign conventio n from the 16th-24th!

More than welcome to come join us - one of the best conventions going!

see [Old link] for all about it

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
I was wonderin' the interweb and found this....

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/King_of_Mud/Poi%20and%20Juggling%20Meet/MEETposter.jpg

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
But... that's the time of the juggling convention?

Who would put on that at the same time? eek

I'm definately going to be at the convention. biggrin bounce

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
well, still some haggling to see if i can get there, my computer says" the system is unstable" on a bright blue screen,so I may have to use ticket money for practical purposes after all..

But I still have a ticket on hold that will get me there mid week, and will be around for a bout two weekish if it is all a go...

Fingers crossed, I miss you guys!

Pink, when are you there? Weekends only? Sy?
xoxo
Andrea

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Garth: Yeah, I'll b there on Sunday. Uhm, what viewing tower is that? The Observatory?

All the others: I'll try to get to the BJC as well on some days coming week if I can find a bus going there or find a cheap hiring car as I can't stay nights.

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Yeay, I've booked a renting car for this Saturday, 30 Pounds. From there I'll see for the rest of the week.

Page: ......