Page: ......
Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
monday nights!

middle meadow walk!

from about 10ish

theres also tollcross have a circus skills thingy from 7 till 9 in the community school £1 for concessions £2 otherwise

EUJS! Edinburgh University Juggling Club! wednesday in chaplaincy centre from 7 till 9 The 10th will be the last meeting of spring term

and We should mention that's there's a new juggling/spinney thing on saturday at the FOREST CAFE 2till5 with one of those hours usually devoted to a workshop shouldn't we

dunno why no-ne ever said before...

mind you theres not much to say... cept its cool! smile

EDITED_BY: Kit (1081393978)

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

can't be ASSED. I wanna juggle HERE. come HERE and juggle with us. NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! biggrin

i did at the weekend... went on jugglers' picnic!

Canny do mid-week due to scary time tables and homework frown

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
hell yeah, no organisers meeting this wednesday! I'm definately going to be at juggling smile smile smile

Come on Mr Why you know you want to come through and juggle!

Oh yeah and New Year in Edinburgh traditionally both blow and suck at the same time. (this means they are rubbish to a higher level of rubbishness unless you're a bit wierd and into that kind of thing)

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
You have to know what you're comparing new year in edinburgh to though. I live in a small industrial town in the north west of england...

So given that new year is [censored] in Edinbugh - what is the best possible plan? Find a good pub/ resturant? What will you all be doing?

(thank you for all your information btw, its much better to hear your expereince than to listen to the tourist sites that wax lyrical about the whole place! Honesty is definately valued x)

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
find some people to hang out with, drink some, find a hill watch the fireworks, or try and stop swivelling your head around to watch them all, sing old lang syne (or whatever it's spelt like), go to one of the parties you'll have been invited to and drink some more, or instead go home with your friends and quietly sober up with some coffee and a real fire. Hmmmm, real fires....

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
We're sorry guys, we couldn't come out to play frown to be honest we were totally knackered and it was raining anyway, forgive us?

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

194 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

go home with your friends and quietly sober up with some coffee and a real fire. Hmmmm, real fires....

MMmmmm Now that sounds lovely.... good work!

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sunbird

Birgit, you've only sen one British one, it's actually about thanking whoever you believ in for a good year and celebrating the coming of the new one, contrary to your belief we're not all loud obnoxious alcoholics obsessed with WW2 wink

Hmmmm... I do seem to remember most British people I've talked to listing "drinking" as one of the things that happens every Christmas and New Year, and you yourself were moaning about there being no beer for sale on Princes Street tongue Now, given that I don't talk to neds/chavs etc, that should give me a fairly optimistic idea!

To be politically correct then, I find most events, in Britain, involving crowds to also involve lots of alcohol, and generally more than back home. Which is fine if people want to do it, but I was quite disappointed with the New Year's thing.

Still not sure what to do for this year's, maybe I'll just wait for someone to invite me to do something quiet-ish and nice wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Yes Birgit I was dissapointed that there was no drink for sale, but I, like 95% of British people don't plan on getting plastered in a celebration, anyway, I'm sure there are just as many people in Germany that do the same, I'm sure in fact that German people are just the same as British people, I guess your view of a place depends on what you choose to see and remember, after all, no-one can see evrything.

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
ditto to what you remember of my attitude... if I really thought like you claim, why would I live in Britain? ubblol

It's just that evidence does point into some directions, say tv, newspapers and comedians being obsessed with WW2 - I really don't think I made that up. Oh, and certain ex-boyfriends (plural) calling me an "effing Kraut" and making the Hitler salute at me when upset, or writing me emails in WW2 speak and thinking it hilarious count, too. I'm sure not ALL Brits are obsessed with WW2 smile

I'd still say that the 95% is a bit of a high estimate, having been at Hogmanay, Beltane, T in the Park and another couple of gigs. But then I'm only a visitor as you say.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Whatever Birgit peace

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
what are you guys talking about? New Year and every single holiday in Scotland and the UK is for 95% of people all about getting absolutely plastered.

Don't try and kid yourself otherwise wink

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
as I say it depends on what you choose to see

194 posts

Posted:
that's a bit philosophical isn't it?!

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Carrot_Girl

that's a bit philosophical isn't it?!

aaah, but is that just what YOU are choosing to see? ubbrollsmile ubblove

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
I'm a Druid. it's bound to be philosophical lol

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
righto, it seems like I may be spending New Year's somewhere in a cottage with a bunch of drunk leprachauns and leftover Halloween fireworks! but if anything cool is happening here, let me know, flights aren't booked yet smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Hi edinbugh-ites!

Im coming to join you, but i need a little [Old link]

wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
don't know about flats, Mr. Nx, but have you checked gumtree? (www.gumtree.com, then go to Edinburgh)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
"Fireworks in Holyrood Park" on Sunday, November 5 at 8:00 PM.

Event: Fireworks in Holyrood Park

"Back for its 5th explosive year!"

What: Night of Mayhem

Host: E.U. Pyromaniacs Society

When: Sunday, November 5 at 8:00 PM

Where: Meet outside the Commonwealth Pool on Dalkeith Road.

To see more details and RSVP, go to:

https://ed.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2214148010

bring fireworks

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Clicky here for Samhuinn pictures. Mr. Why looks fantabulous in a bra I have to say biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Nice pics, I'm looking for one of the green man from last night if anyone has one?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I was rather overwhelmed by the whole thing, it was very emotional for me, my first proper festival celebration! (awww bless)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
I remember the first celebration/ceremony in a group I ever had, I'd been solitary for years before it, it was greeting Hale bopp, inside stonehenge, as a member OBOD, Wowza! we were all given shards of crystal that night, mine is still embedded in my gut smile

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
You ate it?

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
well, they said plant it somewhere that felt significant or carry it with you, I just did both lol

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
how do you know you aint passed it yet? I suppose the screams in agony would be a sign lol

*cue scene from austin powers*

"who does number two work for?"

ubblol ubblol ubblol

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

Mr. Why looks fantabulous in a bra I have to say biggrin

thankx

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
my pleasure biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
sorry, paid work, means meg doesn't do stupid things on bonfire night. frown

the_anti_anthonymember
36 posts

Posted:
Sweet, finally found some Edinburgh fire-spinners. Hopefully will be down there Monday next week...

Page: ......