Page: ...
Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
monday nights!

middle meadow walk!

from about 10ish

theres also tollcross have a circus skills thingy from 7 till 9 in the community school £1 for concessions £2 otherwise

EUJS! Edinburgh University Juggling Club! wednesday in chaplaincy centre from 7 till 9 The 10th will be the last meeting of spring term

and We should mention that's there's a new juggling/spinney thing on saturday at the FOREST CAFE 2till5 with one of those hours usually devoted to a workshop shouldn't we

dunno why no-ne ever said before...

mind you theres not much to say... cept its cool! smile

EDITED_BY: Kit (1081393978)

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna miss all the beautiful people I've met here, my beautiful friends and I'm gonna miss the hills, the festivities and the parties. It's allready tearing a huge hole in my heart, if only you could all move with us frown

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Muppet! Though it's probably a good thing that you lost that hotel job, it wasn't exactly making you happy huh?

Where abouts in Englandshire are you moving?

Written by: the_anti_anthony

Didn't find anyone again last night. If someone's definitely going down next week, can they please let me know? Otherwise I won't bother.

It's funnny (with 3 n's) because my flatmates have been down the Meadows every monday recently? Perhaps an exchange of phone numbers is in order to arrange some meeting up? PM me.

While my flatmates have been hardcore however I've been slacking with Meg, but this Monday I'm definately out. Unless it's gale force winds with rain.... eek

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yup, me too, we gotta practise...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
happy noo yar eferybuddy

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
So, it's nearly beltaning season again, looks like I'll be here for it after all as Tink kinda gave me the boost I needed to ake a go of it and stick around here. So can anyone tell me when the open meeting is and where?

Loads a love! ubbloco

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Open meeting is on feb 25th at Marcos Leasure centre, 3.30pm I think?

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Where's that? lol

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hey all, Like I said, were staying up here (yay! did NOT want to have to give up and go south again.) We've got to move into the new place sometime next week and the council, being the council, are neither telling us how long we have to move, what day we have to move and they're not even helping us move despite the fact we've got the wee nippers. Has anyone got a car with an empty boot and wouldn't mind helping with a couple of runs in exchange for petrol money, tea and biscuits? we're in a bit of a pickle at the mo lol. *sings* But there's light at the end of the tunnel!!!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
big fire on the meadows on monday.

leftovers from the SJC are coming... smile

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Proposed Car Tax Scheme

We only have until the 20th FEB to complete this.
This is true!

Please read below, this is going to happen unless you do something about it, don't put it off, and do it NOW.

Sarah Kennedy was on about this proposed car tax scheme on the radio apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the 'Pay as you go' road tax.

The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it so far and 750,000 signatures are required to stop them introducing it.

This is legit... from the 10 Downing Street's website.
Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (URL below) and pass this on to as many people as possible.

https://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ scroll down to the petition search and type in: traveltax (with no space)

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sunbird

Where's that? lol

www.marcosleisure.co.uk/

Got any plans for this year?

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
White I hope, if not, Heck, burning things is always fun!

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

White I hope, if not, Heck, burning things is always fun!

ooh you're going to stay?! ubbrollsmile smile ubbrollsmile

good choice on role wink

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Aye were gonna stay, but it's a real struggle. I take it you'll be donning a skirt to then?

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

Aye were gonna stay, but it's a real struggle. I take it you'll be donning a skirt to then?

gonna try ubbrollsmile

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
come on mike - show a bit of conviction!

skirts are easier to get on that trousers any day tongue

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
and more cosy..... did I just say that I thought skirts are more cosy?.... ummm.... well.... The Scots wear kilts damn it! I'm not wierd honest! ubbloco

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Had a nice surorise today, Tink and I decided we'd walk to the meadows (from oxgangs) to have a spin for the first time in about 6 months and about 5 mins after we got there we were bombarded by a herd of red men biggrin people I've not seen for months, it was sooooooo nice biggrin can't wait for the beltane stuff to start again! biggrin

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
frown i'm so upset i wanted to but my job dosnet finsh till sunday !!! mwhhhaa, how is everyone

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dr_Molly

come on mike - show a bit of conviction!

skirts are easier to get on that trousers any day tongue

There's conviction of intention... just gotta wait until the cut on friday to know help

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Poo.

Will miss Beltane. Won't even be able to come watch cos is on a silly weekday too.

Hope you all have fun!!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
change your location, Kat!! Where exactly are you now anyway? Haven't seen you in ages!

I'm trying to be a beastie by the way, but since I'm away for work right now and there's way too many people... well, at the very least I'll have made more pushups than I have in ages, so whatever happens with people being picked it's a good thing biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

I'm kind of in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire during the week and Edinburgh at the weekends at the moment.

Move house on 2nd April. Flat is on the market (since last Monday) and probably going to a closing date this week. Edinurgh is completely insane for property it seems.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Not in Beltane this year, mostly cos their a bunch of favouritist, obnoxious idiots

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
you never even came to any of my Airpoint meetings, so no one to blame but yourself wink

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Ok, not all of you frown

I couldn't make air point as it was tuesday, Tammie WAS being white which was also tuesday so I'd have to look after the kids. Nick moved fire to tuesday and didn't even bother replying when I asked if the move was permanent. Why the hell is Fire being rehearsed indoors where you can't use fire and have to pay an extra £2 on top of the cost of parrafin (which you can't use cos you're indoors). seems to me the people who haven't got a clue about what Beltane is all about don't want real pagans in in case we cramp their style.

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
???

I imagine Nic has rather got his hands full as you can appreciate smile Besides you know the beast well enough by now! Especially fire point; it's a big group, very organiser led, and generally individual input is minimal.

Organise stuff mate, then you can run it your way. Every year there is a shortage of people for committee and organisers.

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Did Tammy not make the cut?

It's been a weird year for groups. The Processionals were full before they started recruiting while the reds and whites are mostly last years people.

Then again whole new crop of organisers, asides from Myself and Jen.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hmmm yeah, when I realised that there were 37 names on the Beasties list, for 20 spaces, and most of them had been Beasties the year before, AND I had to miss 3 rehearsals for working in London... well... I decided to give it up before I was told I wouldn't make it wink

I'm a no point now, which is pointless and therefore lots of fun, and Antti's leaving most of the input to the group (who are lovely). AND I get to do it without having to neglect the PhD or quitting choir (that and Beasties was both on Thursdays, and I felt bad about that anyways...)

How's airpoint going, Mr. Dachs? smile Practicing your hissing and keening noises? tongue nana

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Aye, well, Nick was pretty much "interviewing" at the burning of the Dragons on Blackford Hill. I've not organised before cos I know I'll be subject to as much grief as I give to organisers lol. one day.

No Tammie didn't make it either, she missed 2 sessions due to this s****y move/financial situation we're in at the mo.

Thanks Birgit for the advice smile

Page: ...