Page: ......
Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
monday nights!

middle meadow walk!

from about 10ish

theres also tollcross have a circus skills thingy from 7 till 9 in the community school £1 for concessions £2 otherwise

EUJS! Edinburgh University Juggling Club! wednesday in chaplaincy centre from 7 till 9 The 10th will be the last meeting of spring term

and We should mention that's there's a new juggling/spinney thing on saturday at the FOREST CAFE 2till5 with one of those hours usually devoted to a workshop shouldn't we

dunno why no-ne ever said before...

mind you theres not much to say... cept its cool! smile

EDITED_BY: Kit (1081393978)

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I found it a bit brisk at times. My Edin skin hasn't thickened yet.

Hug you later homie.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Wow! You called somebody homie! yay!

Hmmm, how much pointless gui building can you do in a day? A lot - then you can get stuck into drag and drop refurbishment of code. Bliss.

It better be sunny outside tomorrow, not that I can play in it - I have chores. Poo.

nuffsaid

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Any of you ladies around this evening? (At the office now) Otherwise I'm off home to boil some pasta...

MMMmmmmm... Paaaaaasta.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Nah, got get myself CLEAN! It's alright to be stinky in a lab, but not in an orifice.

Then I have to savour the last of the sunlight while practising stick, then when it gets too dark for that, go inside and practise juggling and poi while watching music channels / random films / whatever my brothers girlfriend forces me to watch. smile

So if you wanted to know about my sad life - you just did. tongue

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sounds cool to me. smile

I needs some practice time too... Actually, I need to be inspired first. Else I'll just be doing the same boring moves I always do.

Where will you be outside? Maybe I'll join you. Unless you want some alone time with your assbucket. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Sorry man, I live in Murrayfield. (That's the murrayfield ghetto to you.) So I goes back there and practises in the ever traditional back yard. I may even water the plants.

That other place I always take yous is my secret den of iniquity... (I have no idea how to spell that have never used that word in text before.)

If it's sunny on thursday or friday may go for an all-day-sess on the meadows... Hmmm all-day...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah... I'm a dumbass... you're 'home'...

Peace out. kiss

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
meghan
you must attend to the words of our illustrious feline and practice IN the dark
not run away when you think the monsters are just waking up

remember - you are the one waving the stick about (even if it isn't on fire) and with any luck they might even mistake you for Bond

Ms. Bond that is...

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
What I must do is find a white shirt that has full length arms, a smallish collar and doesn't cost 50 squid. Plus I have to reapply the silicon gel to the stick tonight and all sorts of other stuff to get ready·

Does you have my little staff wick protectors? I would kinda like them and a bag maybe sometime. Please miss!

I did practise in the dark, I even caught my pirouette... 'Nway, I was going to give the D-stick and the ass bucket to joseph to give back to whom they belong next monday... Wouldn't that be a more moral solution? I think it must belong to jamie... But then he checked his bag right in front of me and didn't notice anything missing...

I donno, just tell me what to do and I'll do it.

I am 006! yay!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
we could take the stick on holiday
send a postcard from it to the bench
then bring it back on monday week
(she said convincingly)

does this mean i must find shirt too?
why can't we enslave a helpful pook?
boo hiss - this is not going to happen before tomorrow evening you know

i vill meet you unter ze bridge mit ze staff socks if you bring tulip
come alone

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I have to bring tulip anyway, johnny said he couldn't get any sleep with that damn stick crying for it's mistress all night. The socks are positively soakin from all the tears...

What bridge?

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
shh

um, you at yours? cos i'm at mine.
well not just now obviously, but later

no wait
we have a rehearsal!
thenthen

ps. when exactly would that be? and where?

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Practise in the dark? Ludicrous...

You should practise blindfold, with a four tonne staff made of ming vases covered in spikes walking on your hands using only your lips to control the staff. Only then will you achieve true enlightenment.

And I'm going to regret asking I'm sure, but what's an ass bucket, meg? Some kind of stainless steel diaper contraption?

Chitter chitter skriiitch skriiiitch

monkeys ate my brain

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
twas the bucket that was becoming all too friendly with her arse as she yanked it's chain on the way home

silly

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
What the heck else would an assbucket be? wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I think we 'ave to enter the orifice again at 7 for the rehearsal. And if you take a taxi to the airport, (as the buses don't run that early) remember to get a receipt. biggrin

la la la lal - I ave a black t-shirt now. It makes me look ninja. biggrin How's you?

Dave - an ass bucket is a musical contraption (instrument is too strong a word) recently discovered by myself. You typically play it with your ass, but the hips and the belly can also be used. The ass bucket hangs by a strong chain over your shoulder, and contains a variaty of objects which make noise. To play, you just walk rhythmically around the city. People often stare in awe. Or just stare. ubbrollsmile

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
ninja!

gosh!

we must take a taxi collectively or we will number but one and the others will have sore feet and no aeroplanes

see?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
When the parental units get home a la friday, I will ask them what time dad-kins goes to the airport on ze monday, as it's usually mom complaining on tuesday nights about getting up at 4am on monday... So I may or may not need to hug a taxi.

All your aeroplanes are belong to ME! eek

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hrmm... is Monday gonna be wack cuz the cool kids will be in Austria?

Oh 'Edin Fire Night' will be getting low marks indeed. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I'll give joseph my fireball, that'll be fun. biggrin

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
only if it comes with the assbucket

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

only if it comes with the assbucket

no, I don't think Joseph should be allowed near the assbucket... he could get ideas!

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
I know this is really, extremely last minute, but I'm coming to Scotland, um, tomorrow, and I'm just wondering if ther'll be any scottish-type-folks hanging out in Edinburgh Sunday thru tuesday that I could meet up with...If you read this before about 6:00 p.m. on Saturday the 10th, please send me a PM or write back here...hope I get to see you!

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
id just like to say thanks to all of you ed heads that gather in the meadows on mondays. back in 2001 you all were the ones who introduced me to fire play and now im in kentucky playing with a group here that seems to be growing by the week. anyway, take it easy and thanx.

oh and if a guy named ben, i think, used to be in something called tapooka, is still around, thanx for the great staff. im still using it and havent found a better made one yet.

if anyone orders Merlot, i'm leaving.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
biggrin

great story.
i'm in the current incarnation of te POOKa and still playing away...

trillian make sure you get down to the meadows and have a play on monday night, unfortunately a load of us aren't going to be there cause we're away to play in austria at the festival of fiery arts... but it'll still be nice.

enjoy
Rob smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
oh, and meghan....: spank for not bringing me the trousers you were meant to. and before you whine, i was meant to provide you with fieary trousers, yo uwere bringing the posh ones. everybody agrees this was the case. slack lady. hug

see you in austria hug2

R

(ps i've packed every trouser you'll ever need, don't worry)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
How do I get to the meadows? I'd love to come, I just have to convince my parents to let me.

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
Written by: Trillian

How do I get to the meadows? I'd love to come, I just have to convince my parents to let me.

when in Ed, ask someone.

People would be there from 10/11pm... it'd be fairly obvious where we are. Look for a wee sign in there saying "middle meadow walk" walk up and down it, and look for people with fire biggrin

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
It'd probably be sensibler for me to email and ask him if he did as was told but the computer's about to die so this is easier. Does anyone know if Joseph returned the jacket I ended up with the other monday to whoever it belonged to?

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

Manticoremember
96 posts

Posted:
The jacket has been returned, fear not young missy

When I am in charge everyone who is lovely will get a Big Hat. That will be THE LAW!!

Page: ......