Page: ......
Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
monday nights!

middle meadow walk!

from about 10ish

theres also tollcross have a circus skills thingy from 7 till 9 in the community school £1 for concessions £2 otherwise

EUJS! Edinburgh University Juggling Club! wednesday in chaplaincy centre from 7 till 9 The 10th will be the last meeting of spring term

and We should mention that's there's a new juggling/spinney thing on saturday at the FOREST CAFE 2till5 with one of those hours usually devoted to a workshop shouldn't we

dunno why no-ne ever said before...

mind you theres not much to say... cept its cool! smile

EDITED_BY: Kit (1081393978)

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Cuddles back to you, Claire! hug

Ouch Kat, I had one removed on my back as well, though the hole they punched was slightly smaller... The one on the arm got a huge hole and stitches, which I was allowed to pull out myself... oh the fun biggrin But the back one was really nasty, cause it was supposed to be kept dry, and on a bit of my back that I couldn't reach to save my life to put the waterproof plasters on. Given that I was living alone and boyfriendless but insisted on having showers, it meant attaching one end of the plaster to hairbrush or toothbrush, somehow wriggling it on the right spot of the back, and then pressing back against wall or similar to put plaster on properly ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
yuk!

Funnily enough I've had one removed as well! We could start the mole removal club smile

I had a total doctoring newbie do mine and she a. gave me the wrong dose of anasthetic so that I was like "is this supposed to be feel like you're cutting it our of my back with no pain deadening whatsoever?" b. did such a bad job at it that my mum (with 15years theatre nursing experience) thinks that they must have got the porter to do for a laugh. 2mm mole = 5 inch scar frown

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
why do you get moles removed? There's quite cute usually, obviously somepeople don't like them, cos they're blind and have claws... but they have cute little snouts!

But in all seriousness, why? I mean it's not like I'll ever go down that route, considering the amount of moles I have, I'd been in hostipal till my 30th birthday. Have they turned malignant or something? Or grown their own little hairs and teeth and want an partment of their own now?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

molly molenewbie
13 posts

Posted:
frown

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
one of mine got annoyingly itchy, don't ask me why! I think it was because it was big and got caught a lot in random processes like scratching... The other one was mutated and nearly on the way to skin cancer (= it was funny-coloured and had changed shape) so it had to go frown it was my favourite mole before that.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
yeah, mine had grown from tiny tiny to 2mm in a couple of months, hence getting the chop.

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Ben! eek

Removed cos it's changed shape a bit, grown, and kept getting scabby or bleeding and being sore - probably cos waistabnd of anything I wear was irritating it. It had gone a bit pink in the middle, but doc reckoned there was probably nothing wrong with it except being in an awkward place. Wouldn't have bothered if it hadn't kept getting irritated.

Had to keep it dry for 48 hours (my hair was really yuck by that point!) But just put (or get Stuart to put rather) dry dressing on after showers now.

Don't worry Miss Mole, we wouldn't remove cute furry moles like you, just annoying ones on skin that have gone funny. hug

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
ewwwwww furry moles on skin eek

(except it's a cute furry mole walking over a hand or some such...)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Stitches healed!

Where's Meg so I can bug her?

I saw pygmy marmosets on Sunday. They are unbelievably small and cute. Am now member of the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland, courtesy of christmas present from Stuart, so I can go see the pygmy marmosets again whenever I like for free!

Going to get BEES soon!!

KITTENS!!!!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
okayyyyyy, saturday in three weeks time... 28th? Meadows etc?

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
BEES!!!! how cool!!!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Right, 'nother double staff workshoppe, Sunday the 22nd, 2pm in the meadows. (Yeah the firey bit, you know where.) 2 hour long workshop teaching 'beginners' double staff, or rather a little bit of everything that's technical and cool. Bring biscuits and foodstuffs, cos it's cold nowadays and there will be a wee break in the middle to rest and eat. I got feedback from the last lot, so this one will be EVEN better.

and yous will have to repay me in critiszing my teaching skillz. Doesn't seem fair really... wink

smile

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Ah poo. Yet again a day I can't do! Walking round Tyninghame and Binning Wood with Duke of Ed silver group. Natch.

28th I will most probably be building Beehives. And pruning the other apple tree. Unless it's raining. Garden maintenance more work than anticipated. Could be something to do with garden having no work for about 10 years and being quite big of course!

KITTENS!!!!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Meg - make them all pay you in lollies! tongue

Beeeeeeees biggrin will you introduce them to us Kat?

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Yup, but you'll have to come to Kirkcaldy to meet them, cos they'll be living in my parents back garden. Getting all excited about them now.

('m not talking to you, you're covered in BEES!)

KITTENS!!!!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yay! The best excuse in the world!

Noooooo, I'm not going to the dentist because I'm covered in BEES!

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Meg I'll be queen bee and you can be the bee's knees biggrin

Couldn't you take them for an adventure Kat? I used to drive a bee hive round and round Arthur's seat in the back of my car to make them dizzy. Psychology students are wierd shrug

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
How odd.

They don't mind being moved, as long as you move them at least 3 miles from their original site, and do it late evening after they've stopped foraging. So 'tis a bit of a pain really, and wouldn't be able to show you them cos they'd be all grumpy at being moved.

Also going to look at a house on Saturday, but suspect it needs more building work than we can afford.

KITTENS!!!!

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Random hello for someone called Vicky from around your area that we met in Pai a few weeks ago.....Hello!!!

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Just a quick notice for anyone who is interested:

Starting on Friday the 10 of Feb between 7 and 9pm there will be at the 'big red door' (otherwise known as 10 Lady Lawson St) beginners Poi and Single Staff class run by myself and MCP.

The classes will be done in the style of Rob's Uber-classes, we will bombard you with information that you can spend the rest of the week practising on your own time and at your own speed.

It is ideal for people who have been saying for ages 'I really want to learn poi/staff' and for people who know bits and pieces but would like a complete run through of the basics.

It'll be £3 or £2 for EUJS members smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
wahay!

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
that should read: "By myself and THE mcp." wink

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
the Mopped Crumpet-Patroniser?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Why are we sitting here on a saturday night?

frown

Getting to the other side smile

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,

I know I've been saying this for a long time but;

providing nothing comes up, nothing happens etc, I will try to be in Edinburgh this Thursday.

See you soon (hopefully!)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
yey smile Are you going to the SJC on Friday?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
censored

Yes, I forgot about that!

There isn't much point in me coming this week then! censored

And I'd looked up train times and a map and everything!

one of these days! censored!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

HelenGBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, I only came to the Wed night at the chaplaincy once last semester cos i had a mean bar manager who wouldnt EVER giv me the night off so you prob wont remember me! *sob*

Reckon i'll come along to your classes in Feb, Zauberdachs if thats alright!

Hey Meghan, Im sure it was you I met at Harveys(fiona!) flat party in marchmont last yr!!?? wavehello

Nobody wants their ex to be having a better time than them. They should write letters stating their undying love and then they should die. ~Joan Rivers ~ wink

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Hey there,

we'll pencil you in smile

Yey! people interested smile

HelenGBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
yipeee!! soon i shall be on my way to breathtaking performances of international class, spinning with outstanding flair and grace, An inspiration to all that are lucky enough to glimpse my legendary style. or sumthin. like do u think, maybe?

haha
So private lessons as it stands is it!? woop woop! bounce bounce2

Nobody wants their ex to be having a better time than them. They should write letters stating their undying love and then they should die. ~Joan Rivers ~ wink

Page: ......