RyokoGOLD Member
6 posts

Posted:
I want to make my own set of fire fingers but all my designs turn out bulky and look like gauntlets, if anyone has any design ideas they wouldn't mind sharing I would be extreemly grateful, even if i means i have to save up and buy from bearclaw. tongue

~Tiffany
IR2U(at)aol(dot)com

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I don't know if this will work, but you can see my fire fingers here:
Ade's fire fingers

and they are not bulky at all, I really like them

it might give you some clues on how you could make a pair... ubbrollsmile

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BEARCLAW!!!!! you will be sadly disappointed when your gear suddenly beggins to show excessive wear after only a few uses! Many people i know have purchased from bearclaw and have been largly disappointed overall. i ordered poi and the kevlar stiching fell apart after maybe 20 burns. it wasnt like i was misusing the poi either or poorly maintaining them. I wasnt too satisfied with the flames either. When it comes to gear make your own or purchase from the HOP shop (thanks malcom!!!!) if what you looking for is available.

Power percieved is power achieved.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
Hate to say it but I agree with that..Haven't bought anything from there that hasn't fallen apart very quickly or caused injury. Ade, how did you secure the fingers inside the gloves??

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Ade, how did you secure the fingers inside the gloves??

ahh musashii - with great difficulty and perserverance!!! You know the really simple fire fingers that are a length of wite twisted into a spiral around the finger? one spiral per finger? Well, mine are almost the same concept, just using a glove to hold them together, so they can go on as a set....

does that help? confused

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
yep yep, perfectly wink

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

RyokoGOLD Member
6 posts

Posted:
I think I like the glove idea i have been looking at it for a while now but I think it seems a lot better than electrical tape

~Tiffany
IR2U(at)aol(dot)com

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Quote:

it seems a lot better than electrical tape

confused eek
how were you using the electrical tape?

RyokoGOLD Member
6 posts

Posted:
i used the electrical tape very carfully,

i took two strips both held the dowel to my finger one around top of it and the other around the base it held good until my hands start to sweat then i can pull them off easily.

~Tiffany
IR2U(at)aol(dot)com

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Athletic tape might be a better choice for that insane method... not to mention it'd help with that pesty melting issue electrical tape tends to have if things go wrong

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
wow, that sounds pretty tricky with the tape, and from your description, they don't sound very safe... good luck with making your next set.

dopesauceBRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
I have been checking these out for ever. I have been on this site for about 3 yrs. I have started gloving and am excited by these by the posibility of gloving with fire! and being able to use different solvents to have different colord flames.

What ive done is used bbq skewers with the ring on the end. Bent the ring to about a 45 degree. I then stuck the tip through the tip of each finger of the glove. I am going to attach jeans to the tip like it was for eating fire. (which i may do with them) I am considering only doing the fingers as the thumb is slightly more ackward.

?- How long do you think they need to be to not burn my fingers in the leather gloves.

adeathlyauraGOLD Member
The Poi Spinning Undead
173 posts

Posted:
Gloving with fire would be kind of cool, but I think it probably looks better without (haven't seen it with fire). There are many moves you're not going to be able to do with fire, since the flame can't be right up against your fingers like the lights can with glow gloves.

Question everything.

kirstiewulfGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Try using fencing wire twisted with a drill. Where it is twisted it is much stronger and straighter and where it is not twisted it is more easily bent. I attached mine to leather fingers and elastic. Works well but the tight elastic can push the wire against the top of your fingers which is uncomfortable if worn for a long time, not a big problem when they oly have a three minute burn time.