_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
No matter what i do i can't seem to find a job. i've been to interview's and followed up on application's for interview'a like a lunatic. no matter what the position either get's filled or they don't want to interview me. I'm about sick of it 'cause i've been looking for a job for the past month and nadda. sorry for the dumping but i just needed to vent. k thankies
EDITED_BY: Virtua Trancer (1075961872)

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
job hunting is like the suckiest thing in the world. maybe pink...? will have some words of encouragment for you since she was recently down about a similar situation.

Oh Pink...? where are you?

anyway, keep on plugging even though it seems hopeless.

hug hug hug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Poor sweet one.

I find job hunting something akin to shopping for a bikini - soul crushing and devestating to the self esteem.

good things will find you!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Just keep going and don't get too down spirited. I've been trying to get contract and freelance IT work, and being a bit fussy about the work I take, and it's like looking for work non-stop. Sometimes I get somewhat down about the hassle and missed oportunities, but something always seems to turn up.

So cheer up, it's only a job and we're in a recession (you US guys way more tha us) so one month ain't that long to look. smile

Edit: Flash Fire. Bikinis. Yowsers!!!!!!!! I need an iced shower!

Advance apologies to the sassy one wink
EDITED_BY: Døm (1075946253)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I find job hunting something akin to shopping for a bikini

All else fails, just picture Flash in a bikini. You wan't have a job.. buuuut.. you won't really care. biggrin

Or maybe that's just me. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
I know but my fund's and my welcome are quickly depleting. If i don't find a job soon i might not have a place to call home.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

ShyFyshBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
Virtua Trancer

I hear you loud and clear. I just recently ended my unemployment. I took a crappy job with "idiots" just so I could keep my tiny apartment in the "ghetto" and not starve to death. ubblol I do have to say though, I go to work everyday with a positive attitude and the hope that things will get better. Looking for a job sucks! I wish you tons of luck. There is a job that you are supposed to have and it will find you when the time is right.

Trust in the universe to take of you. And, if you run out of money and wear out your welcome, you are welcome to have my couch, in the ghetto, and share my Ramen noodles.

Don't give up and try not to worry. smile

In the Eyes of the Goddess...All are Equal, All are Worthy ~Pa'u Zotah Zhaan

I honor the Divine within ~Rev Bem

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, having just worked a shift in the psychiatric ER, please don't talk about wanting to die...

Unless you really mean it, in which, go NOW to the nearest ER.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Take care VT....

Lots of hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yeah i have the greatest sympathy for you. I was job hunting for 5 months, and i got to the lowest i've ever felt before.

But things will look up, may just take time - which i know feels like forever. hug

Have you tried all the agencys around you? and the newspapers? Also online agencys that are good - totaljobs.com - found that one good. Also writing a letter and attaching your CV to all the companies in the area, just go through the Yellow Pages or Phone Book. Anyway i hope this helps, and you find something soon hug

hug kiss hug
ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
I've got a job and a bikini and I still can't keep up with the bills.

You'll get there honey. Have faith. hug

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So, VT, what sort of job are you looking for?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Anything! I don't care what it is. If i don't find a job within the next week or so i'm going to end up on the street 'cause my friend can't help me out much longer with a place to stay.

-Albert Einstein-

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
bah i'm job hunting too! for the past two month, i just can't find a job that i won't dread going to everyday, i have an interview tomorrow tho for a place that helps mentally handicapped adults and all, the place looks rundown and all tho but whatever i need a job! hope you find one and that you like it!~

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
still no job and now i have 5 day's to find one but in those 5 day's i now have to find different liveing arrangements. I don't know what to do. I am a hair away from a mental ward somewhere's.I don't know any one where i am at,so i guess i am screwed. la la la,yipee,and[censored]!

-Albert Einstein-

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
rant,rant,rant!

-Albert Einstein-

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
aww i hope you find a job soon! i didn't get hired at the last place i tried for (only cuz i haven't been driving for 3 full yrs!!!) but i have an interview tomorrow for another place, hope you get one!~