Page:
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I just took delivery of my first Meteors, I've done a search on the Tech section but not come up with anything, has anyone got any moves for me to try that aren't already standard Poi/Staff moves? I mean moves just for Meteors?

Any tips would be cool too! Thanks biggrin wave

Let's relight this forum ubblove

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Okhey, helps are requid.

I'm getting to the stage where I can link moves together (by jove its taken some time) and can so far go from weave to rotor (and back,) from rotor to windmill (and back,) and from butterfly to rotor. However, I havent got anything that I can link into a butterfly, and thats where I'd like help.

Anyone got any ideas? I really can't see how its gunna work. If I'm going to need a leg stall or something, I'll probably need walking through it like a toddler learning to write.

Tanks in advance,
Davy

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
When you say you can get from a butterfly to a rotor, is that via a wrap/stall, or are you just gradually working it into a rotor whilst continuing to face the same way?

If the latter, then get some sock poi and practise arm wraps and stalls (do a search if you're not sure what these are), these will enable you to go from a North facing butterfly into a East or West facing weave, and vice versa.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
you can drop a one handed weave straight into a one handed butterfly, its just a case of doing a stall with one end of the chain while the other continues to rotate.

but arm wraps are easier.
(needs to get a video on here)

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Written by:

When you say you can get from a butterfly to a rotor, is that via a wrap/stall, or are you just gradually working it into a rotor whilst continuing to face the same way?

If the latter, then get some sock poi and practise arm wraps and stalls (do a search if you're not sure what these are), these will enable you to go from a North facing butterfly into a East or West facing weave, and vice versa.

Erm, bringing my right hand up far enough to wrap off my left bicep. No direction changes though. I'll be at teapots soon enough so someone can show me fo real smile

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Only recently realised keeping a rotor going with one hand isn't actually too hard to make work. Hadn't really tried it, because the idea seemed futile, but so long as you keep pushing it round it works fine.

Oddly, I can as yet only do it with my left hand, despite my usual inability to do anything with the useless wastoral, and I can only maintain it spinning the oposite way around my hand than I can do with a staff (little finger to thumb when going over back of hand, rather than thumb to little finger.)

Plus if anyone has any tips to go from just btb pass to a btb pass followed straight away by a bth pass, (like is real easy to do with a staff) that would be nice, I just can't seem to keep it going. Prolly just a practise thing.

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
Um i saw a Cirque de Solei dvd and these three tiny little feelas had what looked like meteors, the dvd was Varekai maybe you want to have a look at that for some moves maybe?

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
They probably gave me the idea to try spinning it one handed tbh, they're worryingly awesome.

Page: