Forums > Social Chat > A poem of my past... tell me your thoughts...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
This was when I was in a part of my life which Alot of others have been, tell me what you think, if you don't mind...I'm going to paint a picture,A picture with a twist.I'll paint it with a razor blade,I'll paint it on my wrist.And if I paint that picture right,A fountain will appear.And with that streaming fountain,All my problems will disappear...I just wished to share a piece of me to you all... Hope you liked it...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
yeah thats very nice. wink

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
-clapping hystericaly-wowwonderfulsplendidi hope you're past that part though...oh you said you are...anyway here's a hug-
Non-Https Image Link
oh i did like it (if u didn't understand by the above...)[This message has been edited by Acid (edited 31 March 2002).]

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
sounds like some of the stuff I used to write.... I was never quite that eloquent though------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Ye I remember I used to write shit like thatThats a part of my life I'd like to forget...a lot of bad memories.but all the same thats a really well-written poem...props man...and I also hope youre past that stage and moved on to a happier life...------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Wow... Thats awesome. I really do like it. Have you got anymore stuff like that? Im really interested in poetry: Other people's and my own. Its amazing to see how differently people think. Does anyone have any other poems?------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
After I posted my last post I thoght of a question...I know that I love to write poetry...and I was wondering if anyone else on here writes and wants to share some of theirs...just a thought(BTW this is my 69th post on this site...Im off to throw a party)------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
man you probably posted that a second before me...I'll share one with you...I entered this in a poetry competition and I'm in the semifinals now,,,waiting for results...StainedPencils come with erasers, But I just wrote in pen, Scratching out the letters,Making mistakes again, and again.Two glasses of water and I goto bed,It's like living in a dream world,When the days clothes are shed.Wake up in the morning, Yesterdays clothes in a heap on the floor,I look through them for some cleanliness.Some clean clothes to wear today,because all my clothes are soiled,From my actions while I'm away,In uncleanliness I've toiled.Here's a shirt, looks clean to me, But no, there's a stain.A pair of pants, could it be?dirty, this is all in vain.My world is stained, my innocence gone,feel lost in the world, lost in myself,where did I go wrong?------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I write short stories. There's a couple of mine dotted about in these boards. Pele writes too (as you may have guessed from some of her posts grin). She started a writers group a while ago. You should contact her. Maybe.Just a thought.

Meh

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
What kind of writers group? I have a poem:No understandingNo real thoughtsIm trapped in a worldOf confusion of sorts.Alone and afraid,Crying for youTo reach out a hand, And love me tooI feel so naive, Petty and dumbI scream out in pain, But my mind is numbIm falling, im fallingI need you dear friendMy life is coming to a bittersweet end.That was one of my shorter, less intense ones------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Ok people this ones called 'One Week, Four Days'Like a cherished childhood dream,The memories allready seem,DistantSurrealPerfectAs I sit here alone,My life now my own,DistantSurrealPerfectThe Sadness I now feel,Maybe one day brought to heel,Distant SurrealPerfectWhat ever happened to me,That changed my attitude to be,Emotionally distantIdeologically SurrealAnd so very imperfect.------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral[This message has been edited by Spiral (edited 01 April 2002).][This message has been edited by Spiral (edited 01 April 2002).]

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Arsn - Maybe you should turn this into the offical Poetry thread!Here's one more:MeIs what i seeWhat i amIs what i amWhat i claim to beOr what i claim not to beCause all i seewhen i think of what i amIs what ill never beFor all the pain insideStops all hopeSo i guess what i am,Is what i seeAnd what i seeIs just the pain,Of being me------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Pele's email addy is spiderblade@yahoo.com contact her about it. She can explain it better than me.Has anybody written anything a bit cheerier?

Meh

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
These poems are wikked,,,this is by far one of my favorite threads...props once again Arsn...Stuck in the MomentI'm feeling poetic,But I don't know what to write.I'm feeling pathetic,But I don't Have the wings for flight.I'm stuck here in the moment,Stuck here on this blank page that is my lifeI'm sick of pulling hair and pulling teeth,I'm sick of truth or dare, I'm sick of all this greif.I'm taking the same road I was on yesterday,And with all the dead ends and U-turns,The end of the road seems so far away.I turn and I turn.I yearn and I yearn.But the answer stays stuck,Stuck on this blank page,Stuck here in the moment.------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
alrite cantus...heres a non-sad one I once wrote...If you want me to explain it email me at organizedkaos84@hotmail.comJuveniliaSee the world in living colour, Hear the birds chirping in Dolby Digital sound,The red green and blue illusion that was real is fakeThe truth will remain even after you've white outed the mistake.Meaningless words are flung in the airThree careless glances and a sexual stareThe dragon breathes innuendo in a smoky trailand one decision in life can lead to a pass or a fail.The mail today is bills and flyersGreedy governments and sellers seeking buyersThe circle of life it moves us allbut big brothers watching, can you trust that ear on the wall??The sign says stop but people still goThe light is red but it must be greenTalk is cheap but the illusion is realand savour the meat cuz this may be your last mealAnd you read thisand you try and perceivethe meaning of all of thisbut what if all this is meaninglessand all the words that you think rhyme,Don't...Thats by far my freakiest trippiest poem...keep them coming...and any comments or suggestions would be great...my emails up there at the top of the post...------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
has anyone here written love poems, or poems about relationships?Those are my favorite kinds to write and I'd love to share some....------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
It's quite long, and not the best thing i've ever written, cause im not much into love.HeartbreakI fall to let my angel fly She is the reason for my existenceSpread your wings, my angel, and kill the sunThe flight of an eagleShows the crystal purity of the moon.In the silvery glow,Take me into your arms.Im drowning, my angelWill you leave me to flounderOr will you save me from this cruel fate.I beg you, my beautyGive me one heavenly chance,Your grace overwhelms meSweet perfume smothering me.I cant breathe.I release all emotion,For but one chance to proveTo prove my faith, To prove my trust.Like the beatings of a heart.Pure of all earthly failings.My angelForsake not what I have entrusted in your handsMy fragile soul; for surely you have endured far heavier things.So crush not my hope, my dreams.I am lost my angel.I stumble and fallBut I cannot risePick me up, hold meShow me your unwavering kindness…But you left me.Bleeding and broken.Tears like dew upon my faceInnocent of all but love. A soft lily on calm waterTorn and burned by a single bolt of lightning,A single flash.Your words. Shards of glass pierce my heart.I bleed apon the dirt from where I came, my angelAnd I feel nothingYou left me for a reason,And I don’t blame you, my angel.You were right, my angel…A weed can never live up to a rose------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Mine is a love poem, I wrote about a girl I loved more than anything. its called 1 week 4 days because thats how long after we split up that I wrote it------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral[This message has been edited by Spiral (edited 01 April 2002).]

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
when I dig out my book, I'll post some more------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Thhis one wasn't written by me but for me, by the subject of 1 week 4 daysMoonlight and fire,He embraces meConsumes meand breaks the boundariesof my mindReleasedI am freeI can think clearlyNow I understandQuestions unansweredSolutions fewI found myselfWhen I found you.Hope you all like, I think I'm going to go and have a cry now smile. haven't read that one in a while.------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ok a love poem what I have writ:You live in dreams, both night and day. I long to touch, to hold. To say,You are the one that I desire.You light my soul with passions fire.Though distance seperates us still,One day my dreams I will fulfill,I long to kiss your lips so soft,And wake with you (I've dreamed this oft).I want to brush your fears away,No longer care what's night or day,To lose myself within your eyes,To walk with you through dreamy skies.(Let's bind the moon in silken strands)I whisper lest she hears our plans.Let's hide the stars and steal the sun.Or dance through clouds (or skip. Or run).Or stand on sidewalks in the rain,And make others think that we're insane,Let's do these things because we ought,Live out our dreams, or else we're nought.I wrote these words that you inspired.Come play with me. Come fuel my fire.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 01 April 2002).]

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Heres some more:SHINEBright shining starA funeral pyreFlames that burn for meDance higher and higherI dont recallWhat I amWhere I'm goingOr the planWaking upIn last nights crapFalling inLifes subtle trapLook into my eyesSee the light thats diedDulled to painThe place I hideLifes creeping inThrough the cracksNo way outNo way backIf you recallWhat I'm s'posed to becould you pleaseexplain to me.FLYThe room is growing dimThese walls are closing inThe phone is out of reachIncapable of speechWill I spread my wingsFly to greater thingsOr will fall?You know I cant cryYou know I cant lieDid I come here to die?Or did I take it to fly?Will the bough break?will the knot take?Will I be found?Or return to the ground?Does Resin Usually Go Sour?Your mirror reflects my pastAs I cut you a lineCoz you cant do it anymore,Sometimes I wonder why I botherWhen will you ever listen?To what I have to give.And who gives a f*ck aboutA rabbit without a tailRunning after the dragon.When I think about youAnd what we sharedI hope you knewHow much I caredDid you go there to fly?Or did you go to die?Because you left me behind,With no peace of mind.and I've promised cantus I'd end on a happy note.Song For BexShe smiles Like a moon beamEyes like the green sea sereneHair red as dawn and as longHer voice is natures songShe haunts me in my dreams,When I sleep she comes to meWith the riddles that she weavesShe takes me where I want to beShe sits and softly speaks to meShe shows me sights I've never seenShe kills my fear and miseryBut she's nothing but myth and mysteryShe haunts me in my dreams,When I sleep she comes to meWith the riddles that she weavesShe takes me where I want to beBut now she's real as I ahve seenThe beautiful woman no longer dreamShe reminds me how to feel aliveWith love so strong that will surviveShe lays and dreams with meEmbraced we dream sereneWith the love that we weaveThis is where we want to be.sorry, guys and girls, feel like I've hogged this thread abit. Most of those poems haven't been seen or heard by anyone else before, and like arsn's original post they come from a very messy stage in my life (with the exception of that last one), which is now behind me. The meanings of some may not be obvious (although they may be), and if anyone wnats to know more about them, get in touch. Cheers for the vent Arsn------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
All the actual love poems I wrote are buried somewhere in the drawers of the girls I wrote them forbut heres one I wrote for a girl,,,we shared a night of intense passion and never spoke again for awhile...we finally saw eachother again for the first time at a new years party this year which is the night when I wrote the poem...Unfinished conclusionSitting on the couch across the room I staredThought of us and the memories we sharedThe nights of loves expression and secret confession all dance in your eyesThen you look up and catch me staringThe dance comes to an end your eyes dart awayFor the fear that omething may be left unfinishedI see your reaction and my inner hopes diminishThe laughing friends all around, nobody knows,of our secret love past, or the path we chose,I know you're ashamed of the things we've done,Our past and future lies empty, the battle neither lost nor won.Like the last ad-lib left blank and left openA story with no end- no happily ever after or a heart broken,The fairy tale love in my mind may be a dillusion,But my frustration is real when I feel an unfinished conclusion...This ones about my search for true love after being sick of a long endless series of pointless shallow sex-based relationships...Angel UnseenI search high, I search lowAs I search my troubles growI search all day, I search all nightFor my miracle girl to make things rightWhere do you hide, my angel unseen? where do you hide, where have you been?I search and search every possible placeBut one night stands and seductive hands leave me far from graceIs it too much to ask for some real meaning?All I need is to bask in some deeper feelingsI need to find her, I'm living in hellBut if I do will she get past my hard outer shell?Some mock, and say, you cannot love, you cannot careMaybe they're right, my inner self Im scared to shareIts hard to love after where Ive beenBut all I ask for, is my angel unseen...Yo spiral, I liked that last one a lot,,,I tried to find the words to write a poem like that once but they just wouldnt come,,,It's o hogging the thread, Ive done it too, this is also the first time anyones read these poems...------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??[This message has been edited by Organized_Kaos (edited 01 April 2002).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Some cheerier poems for you. I wrote these a while ago. They're for greetings cards that I think you should be able to buy (or to cover every opportunity).You've come out of the closet,and told the world you're gay,we all guessed it years ago,but were to polite to say...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Your wife goes out with sailors,and frequents the local bars,your daughter is a gambler,and your son's out nicking cars...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My ball broke your back windowwhile i was outside messingIt's cos i was distractedI saw your wife undressing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I heard you're feeling poorly,and that you're in a flap,does your wife, I wonder, know you've got the clap?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hitler was an evil man,he went and annexed Poland,I fear your crimes are worse tho mate,You've called your first child Roland!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I saw your face,across a crowded bar,now let us away,and shag in my car!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~When I heard you were sacked,I stifled a sob,But was laughing inside,Cos i've got your job.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Your cat is no more,Death didn't spare it,My shot went awry,I was hoping to scare it!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You were feeling quite tired,That's certainly a factor,That, and you didn't,Brake for that tractor.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You've laughing eyes,and a sweet, sweet smile,but i fear your breath,is really quite vile!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You're off out on the town,You're bound to impress,It's just a shame,You're too fat for that dress!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~When I saw you in the street that day,I spied you from afar,I meant to stop and say "hello"Not hit you with my car!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I'm afraid i have to tell you,That you are no lookerIn fact, my friend, quite frankly,You are one ugly.......~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I went to the shopand i got you this cardBut i couldn't choose a giftSo I've got you some lard.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You've broken some teeth, and lost some enamel,But that's what you get,for annnoying that camel.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You bought me some chocolates,That doesn't impress me,Try harder than that,If you want to undress me!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You worked all your life,and had nearly retired,you must be upset,that you've just been fired.NB: these poems are purely ficticious and in no way reflect the actual opinions of the author grin

Meh

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I havn't had a chance to read all of these yet but i must say i'm impressed by some of you... I mostly write short stories, but i had some poetry published (more than i can say for nay of my stories) i dunno i like to write i wrote a 23 page paper in english this year, but none of my stuff is really that good. I do have one or two I kind of like, but they are really long so i"m not going to post them here... i have to admit tho arsn, i've read a lot of poetry on that subject, and that is one of the best ones i've seen, i don't know for sure why, it just is. ANd i don't think there is very much happy writing about.... I dunno why, meybe we should change that! hehehe, yeah right, no one ever seems to right about happiness....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Organised_kaos, I suppose I cheated a bit on that one, Its actually a song I wrote. scored for guitar but its a bit of a crap strummy one. Cheers, I was woried about the cheese factor. Angel unseen is pretty fantastic. grin keep writing, Its a shame really, I haven't written for nearly a year now. I've kinda lost the grasp of words I once had------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral'ride the spiral to the end, Itmayjust go where no-ones been'

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
what about anger? I've got some angry poems?------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral'ride the spiral to the end, Itmayjust go where no-ones been'

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
I got some of the angriest poems ever probably with about three swear words per lineI stopped writing them and started focusing on the poetic side and less on the anger sideI have a book of about 50 of them that I wrote whenever I was mad------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
my angry poems dont have much swearing in them, they're kinda militant eco-anarchist rants------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral'ride the spiral to the end, It may just go where no-ones been'

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Thank you all, It took me sometime but I did read all the poems to date. I love each one. And I thank you for opening up to each other and me, to share pieces of yourselves. I'll try to find some more of my stuff, and promise to share with you...Thank you, this was my first flaming file... I guess I wrote about something that everyone loves... don't stop giving your poems... and don't stop writing them, or you may forget how to love... Thank you...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
cheers arsn------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral'ride the spiral to the end, It may just go where no-ones been'

Page: