Page:
Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
This is strictly for people with staff AND poi. Okay to be blunt the question is, do you prefer staff or poi?Currently I prefer staff but that might be because I am far better on staff than poi.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
The simplest staff would be a broom handle or dowel from the hardware store. It would be a nice inexpensive option. You can also add grip tape to the rod if you wanted to.

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
broom handle is cheapest option you can get i think (...and makes cleaning that much more interesting in the future lol) and grip tape can be useful, i used an insulation strip and electrical tape from a pound shop as the weight of a broom handle doesnt always require extra grip. the next step up from that id suggest would be buying a fire staff and using it as a practice staff until you are confident enough to set it on fire

for lessons, start off seeing what you can do without even looking at tutorial vids and then if you cant find someone to teach you personally start using the tutorial videos

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
To add to ABOBer's post...

If you do buy a fire staff but are not yet ready to light up, I would highly suggest getting covers for the wicks. It will keep them from getting dirty/frayed. Of course you could also just use socks.

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

louis_emeryGOLD Member
Lou Lou
1 post

Posted:
I am like many others I like poi because i started with it. Quickly turning to Rope dart as i get better with it. and am just picking up Double staff.

JamesguiverBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Staff for sure - I find poi kind of plateaus in terms of new things you can do with it.

Page: