smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
i was wondering if anyone had anyideas on how tomake home made fire juggling balls. ive seen them on the net and wondering if anyone has ideas on how i could create them. ive done three tennis balls with deoderent but they dont last long, but when i move to kero or metho i seem to burn my hand. cause i figure howmad would it be to have 2 on the ground, light then with with the staff and then juggle all three. ive dont it be4 with no fire, but to light them would look pretty mad.any one have any ideas?
Non-Https Image Link

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
two and a half words;fire-resistant gloves.Josh

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
I was thinking of this too. My thought was to start by making a chainmail ball. Learn this online or find somone from SCA to help you. Then obtain a gel fuel (talked about on the other board) Fill 'er up and go. I haven't tested it, and it's just something I've been rolling around in my head.-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
https://www.renegadejuggling.com/Web_store/rev3k/index.htmlThis
gives you a great idea of how they're done, but $33US each is a bit much, eh!I like Josh's idea = gloves. smilegood luck smitty.flash[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 16 February 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
i also though about the gloves, but since i have done it with deoderent without gloves be4 the kero, so i though it might be possible. i was thinking of doing it in the middle of a routene, so i dont want to be twirling with gloves. when i get back into twirling after my shoulder gets better, i'll be out there experementing in different ways, but untill then, its all theary for now

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
hey smitty, you can juggle lit firelighter bricks, (you know - them little cubes of white stuff you put in yer bonfire) without needing gloves, cos they burn at quite a low temp. (like paraffin) just dont hold them for too long!!! grinchainmail balls often have a post fixed inside them to which you can attatch a bit of wick, soak with whatever your poison is!happy juggling!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Dube used to sell them, Renegade still does, There is a way to make them out of chicken wire...let me check on that for you. Two friends I sometimes perform with juggle with fire balls (yes, they get burned every single time so the gloves might not bea bad idea). I ask Dibble how he found them and he said he typed in keywords "dangerous" and "juggling" and poof, there they were.Might be worth a shot to see if you can find instructions.Get back to you on whether i have the making in the toy files.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Rainmember
69 posts

Posted:
i made some a while ago out of some chicken wire but they heat up really quickly and they tend to burn i noticed after juggling then for a while that i had the fingerprints from parts of my hand been singed off in a chichen wire pattern. the gloves might be the go but i cant help feeling that if you wear gloves it kind if defeats the purpose if juggling then it takes away a big part of the danger element. Rain.

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
well i tried to make fire juggling balls, i diped the tennis balls striag in and set my hands on fire, so i tried the chicken wire and it heated up alot and at the end was to hot to pic up. the flame still hurt the hands, then i tried all sorts of stuff round the house and nothing worked,still me with burnt hands, so i gave in to the gloves and tried some decent gardning ones, but they heated up alot, and the flames ended up singing my arm hairs.i have ot ask now, and i fighting an up hill battle, are home made fire juggling balls imposible to make?