Forums > Social Chat > always tie a triple knot

Login/Join to Participate

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Alrite so heres my storywhile spinning in a club on saturday nite, I was competing in a circle when the glowstick I was using as a handle came loose, the string and the lit glowstick went flying right smack dab into a fellow glowstikkers nuts, he fell to the floor holding onto his balls for about five minutes and then got up still wincing in pain. lukkily he wasnt pissed and laughed about it but I promised myself that from now on Im gonna triple knot my strings...------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
YOU BASTARD!#1 rule of spinning) NEVER EVER HIT YOUR FELLOW SPINNERS NUTSFor that the glowstick gods will strike you down with their fiery err.. glowsticks. smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
hmm... does anyone use any special super-secret knots that come undone easily for switching glow sticks after some hyper spinning clenches the knot very tight?

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
BWAHAHAHA...i usually tie my string to a small key ring with a single not, the trick is, when i tie the string (nylon), i melt the string together over the notor i just melt some from another piece of string on to it. i havent had one come off yet...*knocks on wood* although that woretty funny to see!!p.l.u.r.r.XtremRyan

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Tailsmember
16 posts

Posted:
i've found that the best knot that holds extremely well and still can be un-tied is the bowline knot... (rabbit comes out of the hole, around the tree, and back in the hole) i dont know how else to explain the knot... but i'm sure there's an online resource about knots.. and this one's a pretty good one :P-Tails

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was going to suggest a bowline but I've been beaten to it.

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I use a noose - the faster you spin 'em, the tighter the knot, and yet still easy to remove once the pressure is off. Really is just a fancy slipknot.(quite a morbid feeling when swinging a teddy or cat around your head! wink)[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 26 March 2002).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
You can get little clips like the ones HoP uses at like a home depot. Its easy to make a little device that will keep your glowsticks from flying off... I did that once... smileMatt------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
If you're using fishing line for your strings, a bloodline knot works well.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I gots 3 words for ya man!SLIP RINGS!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You could always take up staff....

Meh

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
I just started playing around a bit with staff.. its a lot more difficult. I like it though.. ------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!