• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > always tie a triple knot

Login/Join to Participate

Organized Kaos

Total posts: 238
Posted:Alrite so heres my storywhile spinning in a club on saturday nite, I was competing in a circle when the glowstick I was using as a handle came loose, the string and the lit glowstick went flying right smack dab into a fellow glowstikkers nuts, he fell to the floor holding onto his balls for about five minutes and then got up still wincing in pain. lukkily he wasnt pissed and laughed about it but I promised myself that from now on Im gonna triple knot my strings...------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

Delete Topic

phunky

old hand

Total posts: 877
Posted:YOU BASTARD!#1 rule of spinning) NEVER EVER HIT YOUR FELLOW SPINNERS NUTSFor that the glowstick gods will strike you down with their fiery err.. glowsticks.
Non-Https Image Link
------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Delete

rex

rex

Total posts: 263
Posted:hmm... does anyone use any special super-secret knots that come undone easily for switching glow sticks after some hyper spinning clenches the knot very tight?

Delete

xtremravr...was here..

Total posts: 337
Posted:BWAHAHAHA...i usually tie my string to a small key ring with a single not, the trick is, when i tie the string (nylon), i melt the string together over the notor i just melt some from another piece of string on to it. i havent had one come off yet...*knocks on wood* although that woretty funny to see!!p.l.u.r.r.XtremRyan

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Delete

Tails

Total posts: 16
Posted:i've found that the best knot that holds extremely well and still can be un-tied is the bowline knot... (rabbit comes out of the hole, around the tree, and back in the hole) i dont know how else to explain the knot... but i'm sure there's an online resource about knots.. and this one's a pretty good one :P-Tails

Delete

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:I was going to suggest a bowline but I've been beaten to it.

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Bendy

Total posts: 750
Posted:I use a noose - the faster you spin 'em, the tighter the knot, and yet still easy to remove once the pressure is off. Really is just a fancy slipknot.(quite a morbid feeling when swinging a teddy or cat around your head!
Non-Https Image Link
)[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 26 March 2002).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Delete

The Welcome Matt

Total posts: 193
Posted:You can get little clips like the ones HoP uses at like a home depot. Its easy to make a little device that will keep your glowsticks from flying off... I did that once...
Non-Https Image Link
Matt------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Delete

Ade
SILVER Member since Mar 2001

Are we there yet?

Total posts: 1897
Posted:If you're using fishing line for your strings, a bloodline knot works well.

Delete

bender
GOLD Member since Nov 2001

still can't believe it's not butter

Total posts: 6979
Posted:I gots 3 words for ya man!SLIP RINGS!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:You could always take up staff....

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

The Welcome Matt

Total posts: 193
Posted:I just started playing around a bit with staff.. its a lot more difficult. I like it though.. ------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Delete