Forums > Social Chat > swinging vs SWINGING???

Login/Join to Participate

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I got an email the other day, I read halfway through it befor I realized what it was talking about...I have recieved emails from people asking advice on poi before (you know: twirling fire, swinging glowsticks, etc) so this took a second for my slow, innocent, naive brain to understand. Hi! Just ran into you while surfing the net and was kind of interested in doing this kind of thing again. My husband and myself used to swing a few years ago then we had kids and we kind of stopped. He recently mentioned it again and said I can check it out and met the couple and even have a go by myself first. This kind of shocked me and really interested me in either finding another couple or maybe just well lets just say whatever happens happens. I am very attractive Early thirties long brown hair and breasts to die for. Or least thats what my husband says. I am petite and if you want to swing with my husband he is 6'1" blonde and works out all the time I think to much but he looks good. You can check out our pics at our profile we have listed on the site we put it on. If you are really interested please get back to me. DanaSo anyways, I sent them an email back, telling them I was flattered, but I swing fire, not sex, and I think they were confused, and where am I on the internet as a swinger? . But they didn't write back and tell me where they saw me on the internet as a "SWINGER". Has anybody else on this site had a similar experience? Do people often confuse "swinging" with "SWINGING"??? I thought this was absolutely hilariouse, and I told all my friends...its not every day soemthing like this happens to me... Daniel

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Ya man, I once posted a thread on here, any canadian swingers...people found it cind of amusing, from then on i started using spin rather than swing------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
OMG!!!I received that exact same email!!!If you don't reply you receive.."Hey, I haven't heard back from you. I thought you would be interested but if not I am sorry for bothering you."Each email has a UBB for this married couples/swinging site so here's what I think it is..... I think that they set up their computer for a random search for "swingers". When it finds them it sends them to that site, as a form of cheap and irritating advertising.I responded yo the second one and like you, haven't received an answer.Other than that, i average an offer every two months or so from people who arbitrarily find this site!I think it is very funny and flattering! winkSo, Daniel....wanna go swing? grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
hehehe, It took me a while to figure that email out too smile I don't know what word to use when people ask what I'm doing. I can't call it spinning, dj's spin, and when I use the term twirling, most people think of marching band. And oddly alot of people have no idea what fire dancers are. I usually give up trying to explain grin------------------Ambiguous

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Just to show you what an innocent mind I have.....One time, when I first moved to Sheffield and didn't know my way around, I got lost. Not badly lost. But just far enough off the beaten track to make me panicky. It was pouring with rain. Raining so hard it was bouncing back off the street into my face. Obscuring my vision.So, I'm lost, damp, half blind and miserable. But i have enough sense to work out where my house is in relation to my current whereabouts. I head in that direction.A short way up the road, I was approached by an equally damp looking woman of indeterminant age. "Are you looking for any business, love?" she said.To which I, in my innocence, said "er yes, a post office."And she directed me to a post office. Sorted.It was only about an hour later, when I was nearly home, it dawned on me that she was in fact a prostitute and had been solicting for business. Not as I assumed a mobile personification of the Sheffield A-Z.

Meh

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
Before venturing into the world of poi and staff, I swung clubs.During my GCSE french Oral exam I was asked my hobbies so naturally I replied that i am a club swinger. The look on her face was a treat!! A 15 yr old with such a lucrative hobby! Fortunately a few nifty drawings later I was off the hook and she was rather flushed. OOOPS!Gruff

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Cantus, that's hilarious! I have to admit to having a similarly slow brain myself a couple of times, in seedy Soho of all places! While waiting for a friend I once had a 5 minute chat with one lovely lady of the night. Not that I have a reputation for hanging around seedy bars in SoHo at all!

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
ROFL!Tee Hee, I'd never thought about that before! I'm usually really slow when it comes to things like that - you kno, taking 10 minutes more than everyone else to understand jokes and stuff, but then that makes it all the more funny for everyone else as they watch me trying to work it out!e*

King LouieJungle V.I.P.
19 posts

Posted:
Waasall this racket going on 'bout swingin n’ poi n’ staff and sex n’ all that rubbish. None o them, ain’t got nuthin’ to do wiv swinging, proper swingin’. Now let me tell you bout swingin’, let me tell you bout proper swinging, cos.. Now I'm the king of the swingers,Yea.The jungle VIP.I've reached the top and had to stopAnd that's what botherin' meI wanna be a man, mancubAnd stroll right into townAnd be just like the other menI'm tired of monkeyin' around!Oh, oobee dooI wanna be like youI wanna walk like youTalk like you, tooYou'll see it's trueAn ape like meCan learn to be humen too( Gee, cousin Louie You're doin' real good)Now here's your part of the deal, cuzLay the secret on me of man's red fire.(But I don't know how to make fire )Now don't try to kid me, mancubI made a deal with youWhat I desire is man's red fireTo make my dream come trueGive me the secret, mancubClue me what to doGive me the power of man's red flowerSo I can be like youYou!I wanna be like youI wanna talk like youWalk like you, tooYou'll see it's true, Someone like meCan learn to be, Like someone like meCan learn to be, Like someone like youCan learn to beLike someone like me!Cousin Louie smile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
There's a general theme running through your postings Louie. can't quite put my finger on what it is though.....

Meh

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Oh man... grin------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

Soularmember
7 posts

Posted:
Thats crazy i just posted a topic related finding people that spin in oklahoma and almost put swinging. then i thought about it a sec and put spinning instead smile------------------And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy. It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth, but rather a heart inflamed and a soul enchanted.It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear, but rather an image you see though you close youreyes, and a song you hear though you shut your ears. -Kahlil Gibran

And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy. It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth, but rather a heart inflamed and a soul enchanted.It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear, but rather an image you see though you close youreyes, and a song you hear though you shut your ears. -Kahlil Gibran

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Reminds me. I've got a flyer in my wallet for a poi night. The heading, in big bold font: "Swingers Night"!!!Must make mental note not to open wallet wide in shops!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Hey king louie, that is a quote off of "the Jungle Book" isn't it?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!