Forums > Social Chat > Are you a dancer or spinner?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
righty ho peeps, here's the question, are you a firedancer, or a firespinner?personally I like to desribe myself as a fire dancer grin grin grin grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Spiral's been doing poi for about 6 months Kate. He's got about 3 pairs. He regularly spins with Kato, PK and Orange and he's pretty good.I just showed him the light and began to guide him down the flowery path into the wonderous garden of staff spinning.....

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Nice one cantus, I dont need to bother with my own resume when people like you give me more credit than I'm due grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
he's also 6 FOOT 8!!!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I never have any biscuits for them to pinch anyway. grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Lots of people ask Spiral and I if we are brothers. He's part of my extended firedance family.Katinca is my little sister. I adopted her a few months ago.

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
especially now I've got dreads

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And Katinca is coming to play soon. So we can all go out together as a family. Granted we'll have to put up with Josh tagging along too. But I'm sure we'll cope.....

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
so that means I've adopted her too. hey now I got a sister! nice one brother! lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You can tell she's adopted though. She's wa-ay prettier than either of us....

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Thats not exactly difficult is it now? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Good point.Did you find the post I left for you about my new chains BTW?

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
yeah matey saw that, they sound a bit like ninja 'lets watch whitters kill himself' chains. Where were u last night? u missed a good one

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Stayed in and was boring. I ache from too much poi. And I've spent £160 in 3 weeks going out to the arches. *struggles to remember what that rule about not using this as a chat site was all about. Draws a blank. Gives up*

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Can I be you're lost second cousin?Actually, can I be your found second cousin?I've got a scar!P.S. - Rule 3This is not a personal chat site. Please do not make personal posts to individuals on the board. Use email or ICQ instead. But I think this refers to subject headings as opposed to inside a thread.If not - we're all screwed.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Hey Durbs, do they still run the ambient picnic in the summer, and have you heard of the co-existance rig?used to live about 10 miles from guildford myself. grin grin grin grin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You could be another brother if you like Paul. I think you and Kate (the pretty people)take after one parent and Liam and I after the other one.

Meh

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Im a dancer. tongueif im practicing im hearing trance man... it just a way more fun with music smile

Dance like if noone were watching you

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Too right, I always find that practising and the learning curve seem to improve when practising to some nice trance, or acid techno grin grin grin grin grin ------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

TopHatmember
34 posts

Posted:
Well I'm a dancer in real life so I guess I'm a fire dancer... Though I wouldn't know, when I fire spin I don't really take notice of anything, everything around me kind of seems inferior and I don't really even take notice of myself... I should record myself sometime and find out. If anyone has seen me spin you can tell me, Dancer or Spinner...

Ouch! Eep! Damn Leg Hair stop getting in the way!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah - the Ambient Picnic still goes on. Not sure of the dates though. Where did you live then? I'm 12 miles out of G'ford aswell near Leatherhead.erm - I'm a dancer with music, a spinner without[This message has been edited by Durbs (edited 31 March 2002).]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I used to live near camberley. sort of blackwater/hawley way.------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

Pyrostixmember
5 posts

Posted:
I believe the two go hand in glove because you cant dramaticaly perform a good routeen without being flexible and put your body into it so to speak.I like firetwirling personaly but I do dance with the flame and i do spinn the flame. my personal name seems to fall in a heathy middle ground.If you enjoy what you do then a rose by any other name....------------------keep it glowingPYROSTIX

keep it glowingPYROSTIX

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
im a poi-er

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
im gonna have to go with the other Aussies and say im a 'twirler'. ive heard a few people call themselves 'firies' but as far as i knew that meant firefighters so i stick with twirling. Although i do like the sound of fire dancing, i think it sounds a bit magikal and to me there's nothing more magikal than fire.

--*SaM*--

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
im gonna have to go with the other Aussies and say im a 'twirler'. ive heard a few people call themselves 'firies' but as far as i knew that meant firefighters so i stick with twirling. Although i do like the sound of fire dancing, i think it sounds a bit magikal and to me there's nothing more magikal than fire.

--*SaM*--

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
ooops.... blush sorry bout the stuff up, what can i say apart from...'i'm new' :P------------------i dont suffer from insanity... i enjoy every minute of it.--*SaM*--

--*SaM*--

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
"So we can all go out together as a family. Granted we'll have to put up with Josh tagging along too. But I'm sure we'll cope..... "Now, now C@ntus if Josh was a girl I don't think you would have that attitude.It might something more like this "Ooow and her friend is coming too and she has dreads AND can play doubles.You're just jelous. Coz Josh isn't a girl tongueheheLooking forward to it, we are going to have a lot of fun. grin------------------ Love and Light~*~ Katinca ~*~[This message has been edited by Katinca (edited 02 April 2002).]

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Page: