Forums > Social Chat > How do YOU read Home of Poi?!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
It's awesome that twirlers from all 3.14 corners of the World make their high-pitched/baritone voices heard on this sweet forum. Mindful of this, It'll be interesting to know if participants/lurkers of HoP read out posts in the right accent: say irish posts with irish accents?When I read those posts from the UK all I hear is This. I read out the Canadian posts in a Terrence and Phillip accent. Ahh the mystery of the internet.P.S. I've never heard soo many 'off-key' scottish accents as I had during the last Melbourne St Pat's! to be sure. smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Most of the midget being tossed are men, so that leaves women as the other half.If they are knee high already then they don't have to be on their knees, Cantus! winkFor cleaning the low places in people homes! Geez...what were you people thinking?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I tend to read posts in many different accents - like a script. You all become crazy little characters in my head. I see you all in my head to, in funny costumes, and you all have different magical powers. Like PELE for instance, you have the power to combust at any given moment, vanish and reappear where ever you wish. Like, you become invisible, and you vanish leaving a black cloud of smoke. SPIRAL too (not that he's written on here but hey..) he is this mad spinning, whirlwind guy, with two, flaming poi's attatched to his beard, which are an attack/defence mechanism against evil people. Like CANTUS, he's not evil, but he flys around with these crazy sparkling wings - he breathes fire, much like a dragon, and he's pink and purple..... so yeah. I sort of make little cartoon type animations in my head of people having the conversation. Ofcourse, everyone has differnet voices too.However, for anyone who does this 'reading posts thing' in the senders accent - try mine: It's a mixture of WELSH, SCOTTISH and a tiny tiny bit of LANCASHIRE. There is your task....Love Dibs xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Spiral is about 20ft tall as well, Dibs. Not sure about him being a whirlwind but he does have a lot of elbows....

Meh

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
thats the one thing i hate about being american...we have no sexy accent. girls fall all over themselves for a brit or an aussie but what do americans have? nothing. unless you count texas and oklahoma...we have our own accent....its called hick wink------------------'' not all who wander are lost'' J.R.R. Tolkien'' its better to burn out...then to fade away'' Def Leppard

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I know he's a big giant!!! He told me today. I'm actually quite scared of him now.The funny thing is, when I pictured him as the whirlwindy thing, he actually grew to about 40ft. Foreboding or what?Thought you'd be quite big too cantus. Or slim. Cantus the dragon is quite long.I should draw all this and send it in!*Dibs runs to find her art equipment, will she return? who knows. Find out in the next episode*

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
This (if the link works) is what Cantus looks like: [image]https://communities.msn.co.uk/AnalysisNewsAndLaughter/cantus.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=145[/image] ------------------C@ntusMusic grows in the rose, rock and the rain and the blowing snowstorm,Everything seems to sing, everywhere I go,I say 1, 2 play me do,Let me sound as sweet as you,Play me wide, play me long,Let me be your song.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
or failing that click here

Meh

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I saw your picture but only after I had my ickle vision. To me you will always be a big dragon. What do you think I look like cantus?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
normaly i read it ...INTOXICATED grin

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Wow. That's not increadibly far off from what Cantus looks like in real life.Well, exept for the whole muppet thing, and I think he's a bit taller and has more tattoos.......But the hair is spot on.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I imagine you to be slim and pretty Dibs. Slightly deranged. But pretty nonetheless.

Meh

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Pretty? Depends what your definition of pretty is, but nonetheless I am derranged - or overly happy you could say. Quite spritely. So is Ros. She has stripey tights and a matching jumper, did she tell you? She smiles a lot. And slim? erm....yeah. All that stupid dancing I do keeps the weight off.I guess I look quite innocent..........*Dibs laughs at herself for trying to make herself seem well behaved* Worth a try though....Cantus, do you have horns? I see you as having these really obscure boney bits ,like up your spine, really pronounced virtebrae, yeah, I can swing from them.....*Oh my god, I'm ill! Put me to bed!*[This message has been edited by dibs_star (edited 30 March 2002).]

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
c'mon dibs, i know youve seen the mugshots, of course c@ntus has horns, he also has spikes on his back like stegasaurus(sp?) really ive seen pics of him spinning and he can do wraps on them and stuff...lol...im just kidding, no really im not, ok..ok...im kidding...i hope no one takes me serious, i was just really bored at work and couldnt think of anything else to say, no hard feelings right c@ntus?...right?...*runs away in fear of getting eatin alive or something*p.l.u.r.r.Xtrem

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
If you're really REALLY that bored, I'll pass on a piece of information to you that will entertain you for...oh....atleast....1/2 a second....I lived in Texas for 2 months.So pleased you know that aren't you? The winter nights will fly by!

337 posts

Posted:
whoaa...really?...where in texas did ya live...im in dfw area...can i come to england...or visit or something..ive never been anywhere outside the us, ive trraveled the us alot, well ive been to mexico and the bahamas but those are just little countries right next to texas so it isnt the same....o well off to writing more fun!!! i hope that you didnt take anything i said earlier to heart i was just joking...p.l.u.r.r.Xtrem

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Erm, I moved round Houston, Corpus Christi, erm..... it was so many years ago....erm.... We went all over the place. I liked it. It was cool. Although, you have really weird grass in your gardens. The grass on your lawns is like astro-turf, plastic grass. Really sore on your feet. Whats that all about? Get it sorted!

337 posts

Posted:
huh?...astro turf?...i dont have no stinking brady bunch astro turf, ihave real bermuda grass in my yard, trust me i have to mow the crap every week...i would prefer astro turf tho...lol...well next time you come to texas let me know, you cans see my yard...its real grass... smilep.l.u.r.r.Xtrem

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Nice one. Get your bitch ass outside a mow that astro turf!! Wow, I've jjst had my first vision of what you look like......

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
...oh, and I've remembered I went to San Antonio too.Wow! You look like jack frost but you're green. Yeah, and you have flaming red eyes and little turned up pixie shoes! Yeah, and you're only about 7 inches big and can run at immense speeds. Where ever you run, you leave a trail of fire behind you. You have a red hat too. Yeah.......

337 posts

Posted:
wait jusr a gosh dern minute....have we met?!?!?!...there is no way you could describe me so perfectly and not have seen me....you even got my height right on!!! how did you do that?...wait you couldnt be the little....nawww couldnt be...or could it...hmmmmp.l.u.r.r.Xtrem

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
good thing we're staying on topic eh??!!lol...anyway id just like to say that even though i don't use this when writing, i've picked up the saying "wicked" from someone... and when thinking it sometimes jumps up... wow!!! scary thought...anyway i just hear myself speaking the posts.huh??
Non-Https Image Link
i kill myself!!!! ok ill calm down now

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Dibs honey, have you met Orange yet? I think you two would get on really well. Seriously.Oh and I know Ros smiles a lot. We both grin 'til our faces hurt. And we have infectious laughs, smiles and blushes.

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
*laughs, smiles and blushes an impressive crimson all the while with a permenantly silly grin*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey Ros, is this a permanent feature, or does it only happen when c@ntus is around? wink

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

3,638 posts

Posted:
half and half - he tends to bring out the blushes though i'm pretty easily embarassed anyway! smile

3,638 posts

Posted:
he's been making me blush quite a lot recently.........umm...yeah...*scurries off again*

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Isn't she adorable?*so glad Flash fire isn't about these days. As she would jump up and down on him in true mod fashion for these posts*

Meh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Wasn't somebody thinking of doing a HoP story or something? I vote for dibs to write this! Get working lass, you've got to write all of us into some story. Let your imagination run loose, not that it could get any looser! wink

Page: