FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be in London at the start of april. just want to know if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced but nice hostel to stay in for a couple of nights?I stayed in Belushi's in Shepherds Bush last time. I'm thinking of going back but I'm open to suggestions.Thanks,Sam.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I can't recomend any I'm afraid. However I know there's St Christophers on Borough High Street, London Birdge. Or try https://www.yha.org.uk/.Oh
yeah, I hope you'll be popping along to Just Jugglers to say hello![This message has been edited by -Dom- (edited 22 March 2002).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You pay money for places to stay? Hmm, interesting concept....

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I haven't been to London since '98, but when I was out there the hotels were actually cheaper than the hostals. So you may want to look into both options. I stayed at The Hotel Dolphin it was about two blocks from Paddington station and it was a nice stay in a nice part of London. On my second trip though London I did stay at the Holland House hostal and it was really aggrivating and much more expensive. Door's didn't lock properly either, so I wouldn't recommend staying there.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 22 March 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I've stayed in 6 different hostels in London before I moved into a house. London is the worst place to stay in a hostel of any place that I've travelled to in my life. I had things stolen, I was kicked out of one hostel because the manager wanted to get into my girl's pants, I have had my bags searched illegally. Its pretty easy for me to say, I don't want to ever stay in a hostel in London every again.The hostel where I was kicked out because the manager wanted to have the girl I was with was St. Christopher's Village on Bourough High Street. My personal recomendation is for you to not go there.If you're looking to party while you're here, go to:HYDE PARK HOSTEL2-6 INVERNESS TERRACE BAYSWATER LONDON W2 3HUTEL: + 44 (0) 20 7229 5101 FAX: + 44 (0) 20 7229 3170Email: hydepark@astorhostels.comif you want something quiet, there'sQUEST45 QUEENSBOROUGH TERRACE BAYSWATER LONDON W2 3SY TEL: + 44 (0) 20 7229 7782 FAX: + 44 (0) 20 7727 8106 Email: astorquest@aol.comThough I do think these are both good hostels, and I would go to either of them if I had to, I would HIGHLY recommend that you NOT leave your expensive valuables in your room. Get reception to keep it in a safe, or carry it with you. Staff and other travellers have sticky fingers.Moreso in London than in almost any other city I've ever been to.Good luck

Freefallmember
6 posts

Posted:
Thanx SmokyBowl...I'm going to London in July and was searching for a hostel too. And now I know I shouldnt stay in one!Lets start it all over...hotels here I go!(Sometimes I wish I was a zillionaire, so I didnt have to worry bout that - but hey, where's the fun in that?)cheers winkplastikgirl------------------tr0uble is my middle name

tr0uble is my middle name

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Hostals are usually a bad scene in big cities like London. They are a much better bet when you're out in the stix (like where Cantus lives wink) There are millions of small hotels and B'n B's in London. It's worth it to me to maybe pay a little extra to have the privacy of a hotel rather than share a room with a bunch of guys that I don't know and don't care to either, especially in a place like London------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
whatever just dont go to THE GENERATOR!!! we went there on a school trip-sure it was cheap but there was blood on the sheets for god sake!!! *shudders* i ended up sleeping in a locker...never going there again....although it was great fun playing knock a door run! wink

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You ended up sleeping in a locker? shocked

Meh

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
The Generator is definitely a step down from St. Christophers. I went in there but turned right around because of the energy I got from just walking through the door.I had also heard from several people that its really bad.As bad as it gets, it can always get worse.. Especially in London.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
FirePoi-boy how long will you be in London???

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
yep. lockers r actually quite comfy. although im not sure u could spin poi in them...hmmmm might try it one day.... grin

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
BamBam, I'll be in London from 1st to 3rd of April. I've got to go to an audition at the circus space.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm intrigued by the locker thing. How big was this locker or are you some kind of extra small cornish faerie? wink

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
he he he.. it wasnt a really big, BIG locker, but then im not a really big, BIG person!!! lol!!! grin grin grin it was about knee height...

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Hey Poi Boy,If you're not a psycho, you can stay at my pad...Glass and Bam Bam will vouch for me (c'mon guys, there's lots of poeple watching!).Chilled vibe, easy to get to Circus Space, juggling house etc...call me 07748 11 888 2although I may be spirited away after the convention......NFWDave

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Hey Knoxious you said the same thing I was gonna say! FirePoi-boy you now have two offers, ohh and Glass and Knox will vouch for me....perhaps I should run and hide now!Drop me a mail if you still need a place.Lisa

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

el beardoBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
guys,i have a bit of space at mine (three to four people) and im relatively happy to have people stay over. email me.santi

May your staff spin fast and your poi always miss your balls.

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
Guys thanks to all of you for the offers. Under different circumstances I would love to stay but seeing as this trip is mostly funded by my loving parents they aren't to happy about me staying at strangers houses. I'm sure your all cool but my mum is under the impresion that anybody I meet on the net is some lying old pervert you would ass rape me first chance he got.But if anybody wants to meet up that would be cool.Sam

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
How about if Dave's or Lisa's mum wrote a nice note to your mum? smile Both could charm your mum silly.Anyway, Sam, in this sorry excuse for a civilisation your parents are wise to be cautious!Come along to Just Jugglers on Tuesday, 2nd April and ask for anyone here from London.

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm....your mum's not far off: don't stay at Bam Bam's tongue Well as Dom said, see you on Tuesday? ------------------I am the God of hellfire and I bring you...

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
dear Fire poi-boy's mum,please can mr poi-boy stay at Daves house next week. He's alright.There'll be cake.from drew___________________________don't stay at bam bams unless you can sleep with your eyes open.she's a black belt in ninja-thai-karate-kwan-foo-do and She has a big-razor-sharp-two-handed-samuri-battle-broadsword of doom which she sharpens every night. but other than that she's quite lovely. stay at dave's he's a dude, and they've got nice biscuits. Dave as your mums in oz, instead, could you get your parole officer to write a nice note for you. FPB In a way, if your mum thinks that a bunch of jugglers london will lead you off the rails down a path of wrong doing, drug abuse, hugs and walking on the grass, in a way she's right.good luck with your audition show togetherBam good luck with the baking smile Dom, hope you finish sewing them flags smileDave, happy happy last day of wurk smilesee you tommorrow at bjc **GGGGGG**Drew

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Come to just jugglers on tuesday and then you can meet people before deciding if you want to stay with any of these weirdos - there's also a St Christopher's in Greenwich which is a much nicer area and a place called the Barmy Badger Backpacker or something. Do a search on www.google.co.uk and tick the box which says search only pages from the uksunbeam. ------------------Life in the circus ain't easy but the folks on the outside don't know yeah well the tent goes up and the tent goes down and all that they see is the show and the ladies on the horses look so pretty and the lions are looking real mad and some of the clowns are happy and some of the clowns are sad. Welcome to the freakshow.. here we go (Freakshow by Ani di Franco)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
I'll definately come to the just jugglers thingy. Would it be a good idea to bring my own poi or do they provide. Also what time does the underground close? I still don't understand the whole bus thing with all the different numbers and stuff and last time I was in London i spent a fortune on taxi's.by the way sometimes you English folky can't understand me with my accent so don't be afraid to ask me to speak clearly.Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday. And now I must depart to a Good Friday Party.See ya,Sam.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I maybe in London soon. Not exactly sure when as yet. Will be needing someplace to stay. Ros will too. Any suggestions?I know you've already covered the options already. But I thought it would be politer if i asked seperately.....

Meh