Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have a good transition for getting **quickly and smoothly** from a forward spin into an inward/front butterfly?

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
The only transition into an upward butterfly that is smothe is from the windmill. do that then intocorkscrw whatever it is (windmill parrallel to the round) and then flip so its above your head. Why are poi moves so bloody difficult to explain. U know the transition you do from butterfly to behind the back/head butterfly?do that but above your head and bellow your head and from below you can pull upright to make the windmill. there you see .simple. ha ha hahope this helps in some waypeace out garbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
how about a giant butterfly Jesse? well i haven't tried it since i got a low ceiling but it should work - i don't know if this is what you are looking for though...maybe you can cross the poi in front of you and as you uncross go into a giant butterfly and then butterfly or even directly into a butterfly...plz let me know if they work well since i have just burned my finger (not fire poi, i was trying to make garlic bread in the oven grin) and won't be able to swing properly for a couple of days...happy swingingSimos

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
heh,I started a thread on this exact topic a month or so ago...As I remmember it, there wasnt much said that seemed really smooth.Have you tried a single leg wrap followed by a 90 degree turn into Butterfly?thats the smoothest / quickest / simplest way I know of.HTH,Josh

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
After drawing many diagrams for myself, I finally came up with a solution to my own problem. Try this:1. Start out spinning both poi in the forward direction. 2. Keep spinning one poi forward while the other hand brings it's poi into a "lasso" type overhead spin (with poi approaching face as opposed to back of head).3. While step 2 is occurring, turn body 90 degrees so that previously forward spinning poi is now in the innward/downward butterfly position.4. After one complete rotation above the head, bring second poi down to join the first poi in a butterfly!Hope that helps someone! If you need me to clarify, send me an email!