• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Posted:Last year at glastonbury (england) i saw this bloke swinging what looked like a lanton, when he span it fast it shot out huge fire/sparks, it was like a human catherine wheel! could someone let me know what this was and maybe how to make one? Cheerz

Delete Topic

Pele
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Pele

the henna lady

Total posts: 6193
Posted:My guess would be a sparkling poi. It can be made by attaching steel wool or sparklers to your poi. That is the extent of my opinions of this. Anyone else out there care to fill in the blanks???
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

.draevon

.draevon

Total posts: 92
Posted:Lycheeman,Check the movie gallery at Incendium (www.incendium.org) ... we have a movie called "Sparkly Poi" which is probably the same thing as you saw.raevon

Delete

Chloe

Total posts: 54
Posted:I was there watching him... it was probably the same bloke. I posted much the same question when i first came here... what is it.. how do i do it!
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Chloe.-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame- Paul Weller

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

Delete