BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I've just finished reading a book and wanted to share a quote with you all. It's something that really touched me and made me think about the way I live my life."I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice I life for it's own sake. Life is no 'brief candle' to me; it is a sort of splendid torch which I have hold of for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible."Thank you for listeningLisa smile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
That's a good thought, thanks smile What book was it?Reminds me of what Malcolm said in another thread, which has stuck in my mind:
quote:
Pretend that every day you are given $1000 to spend. You can spend that money on whatever you want, but at the end of the day any money you have left over is taken off you forever and you never get it back.Now I am sure you would do your utmost best to plan your day to spend as much of that money each day to bring you happieness without wasting any of it.Now back to reality. Every day we are given 24hrs to spend. We can spend those hours on what ever we want, but at the end of the day you have lost all those hours forever and you never get it back.Now I am sure we would try to do our utmost best to plan our day to spend as much of those hours each day to bring us happieness without wasting any of it.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Hi DomThe book is called "Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior"by Dan MillmanIt's the second of two books that I've read by him. The first one is call"Way of the Peaceful Warrior"Both books mean a lot to me, I've seen lots of personal changes in me since reading them.Judge for yourself, I'll lend them to you if you like.See you next week babeLisa smile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I totally know what you mean spanky. I'm the procrastinator extrodinare. some of my procrastinations are better than others tho smile

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Amen man! Those are the best books I have ever read. They really honestly will change the way you think and act. (In a GOOD way!) You just reminded me that I need to go check them out again and re-read them. Thanks! Good books. I recommend them to everyone. Very moving.------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Always be careful about how you define "wasted time". Time is not wasted that is spent thinking, dreaming, smiling, and just being. But too often we think if we are not running, jumping, doing, we are wasting time.& so we become stressed out little bunny rabbits...R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
And we definitely are wasting time if we spend time kicking ourselves for wasting time grin grin grinInstead of kicking, we should be out there not wasting any more time...------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?