Forums > Social Chat > I need some decent poi

Login/Join to Participate

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know if there is a place in Brisbane that sells poi? All i have at the moment is some tennis balls on the end of shoe laces and it gave me a blister on my finger frown. Any help would be appreciated

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Incendium sell fire gear. They're based in Brisvegas. Not sure whether they sell comet poi however.Check out their site at www.incendium.com or e-mail Draevon or Maeon. They should be able to sort you out.Good luckFinn smile

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Thanks. Ill see if i can get some this weekend cool

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
hello, i am a fello fire twiler from brisbane.there are two stores in the city, same store, two different locations, both called scarab. there open during the week and weekends, but there selection was small, cause having trouble with the suplyers and getting in contact or something, thats what they told me. but where i highly recomend is in the valley on a saturday, theres a stall there that sells all that u desire, thats where i'll be this weekend after getting payed lol. so remember its only on a saturday. heres what i got in an email from themHello this is Gooble Warming here you may or may not know that we sell fire twirling supplies @ our shop @451 Ipswich Rd Annerley or @ the Valley markets every Saturday and wednesdays @ UQ at St Lucia. Wick 50mm $20 per mtr 65mm $25 per mtr Fire water burns longer, brighter, has no lingering smell and extends the life of your wick1 ltr $5 .....$4 per 1 ltr refill5 ltr $20....$18 per 5 ltr refill Staffs from $50 to $60Double staffs $90wire pois $55 to $65chain pois $50 to $60hope that helpsif u need any other advice to do with anything in brisbane, email me at smitty98@hotmail.com,i aint the most experienced around, but what i know i'll pass on-smitty
Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 14 February 2001).]

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Mr Sanity,Yep, it's us (Incendium), Scarab, Gooble Warming, or Bec & Elke who run the Moon Fests in Shorncliffe (moon_fest@hotmail.com). If you want to buy them from Scarab, be quick because inside information is that their supplier pulled out (for good reason) and so they wont be stocking fore equipment quite soon.Ðraevon

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Yes... Elke and I sell all things fire (and non-fire as well) including poi... (Thanks for the plug Mr Draevon!)We will custom make them up, or supply the "standard" equipment just email moon_fest@hotmail.com or call me 3969 2189...Fire poi are AUS $45 with good solid construction, and obviously made with kevlar wick...(PS Anodised Metal Staves also start at $45, and kevlar wick $20/m or discounts for large quantities...)Don't forget to come to Moon Fest (if you haven't been already) - next one is March 10th...Happy Twirling all!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
At the risk of being called a spoil-sport, I'd advise making your own. I've made both practive poi with tennis balls and performance poi with fire wick without any blistering problem. Just take the setup you've got and attach some leather grips for your hands. Adam Rice has a good recipe at https://www.fire-gear.com.
Happy spinning,Diana

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
i totally agree with Diana esp. if you are just after a nice practise set; make your own set, it's more fun and you won't need any unusual tools if it's just a practise set you are making...if you want comets or fire poi then it's another story...what's wrong with tennis balls smile? i think they are great; get a better piece of cord and some leather handles and you are in business!!! grinthat's just what i think anyway,Simos

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
How much would a set of non-fire poi cost?

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
draven, u meantioned about good reason be4, whats that reason, or is it confidential.Endangered Sanity, well u now got more than enough to choose from.bec- i went ot the last moon fest, it was awsome.i only had one problem with the night, and that was me not being able to get out there twirling cause of tendinitus, i was edging so much to get out there, but i couldnt. but i plan to change that next time when its healed, i think u got urself another regular attender now.