Forums > Social Discussion > Bush and blair nominated for nobel peace prize

Login/Join to Participate

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
[url=https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&ncid=564&e=3&u=/nm/20040130/ts_nm/nobel_peace_dc]Right up there with nelson mandella and yasser arafat[url]

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
This is a quote from the article...

Quote:

Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler and former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic (news - web sites) have made it to the list -- every member of all the world's parliaments, university professors from law to theology, ex-winners and committee members can submit names

Well... as you can see the Nobel isn't exactly perfect. Heck I could get my dad to nominate me if I wanted to! Just because you are nominated it doesn't mean a darn thing... so no worries about Bush and Blair. Hell even I wouldn't be daft enough to think either one of them deserves it.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
hmmm.... so to get nominated for a peace prize all i have to do is go bomb some people who i heard a rumour once at a party that my friends ex boyfriend's neighbour's cat said they have weapons of mass destruction? cool

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I don't suggest starting things like that, I really doubt that it would lead to anywhere positive.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:
Bush and Blair have both been nominated many times for the nobel peace prize. It doesn't mean much really, just some right wing extremist from Norway decided to nominate them. They are both men of war, not peace and as such have no chance of winning the peace prize, so there's nothing to worry about.

Somebody should nominate Osama bin Laden or Sadam Hussein, they deserve it every bit as much. The four of them are all terrorists, its just that Bush has the most power and therefore terrorizes the most people.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
So how did arafat and mendella have a chance of getting it?

benjyBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
its an outrage
(english word for 'schandaal')

things like that makes me wanne puke.

ok he maybe got rid of an extrimist regime or two.
but at what cost?
and why?? (oil, he knows it, everybody in the oil companies knows it. everybody knows this)
not singing the kioto -agreemend.
i heard about a storie that 62 natur organisation went to bush tot explain the nesecetie (?) tot do something about the hole in the ozon layer. there are plains in peru where every day-walkin-animal has gone blind. bush said : 'then i will buy my citizens sunglasses . press laughed and it was never spoken of later
such a person can never recive the nobel price

(i started reading stupid white men from michael More, and i had to stop cause it made me so frustrated that such things can happen)

Think for yourself Question authority

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
carry on reading it!!!

at the end it tells you stuff you can actually DO. i felt so much more empowered after reading it.

anyway, that stuff doesn't have to happen - we have the resources to end world hunger tomorrow if we wanted.

my advice is go join Amnesty International and do something about it! peace

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

BlackassBlueass
183 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Somebody should nominate Osama bin Laden or Sadam Hussein, they deserve it every bit as much.

umm

---------------------------------
Breathing fire doesn't look good on the resume - Everclear

FireGirl_and_Pixieboymember
29 posts

Posted:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

...wot?

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

So how did arafat and mendella have a chance of getting it?

while I agree that it is ridiculous that arafat ever got the peace prize, and I used to think the same of Nelson Mandella, after a year of living in South AFrica, I have to say I have changed my view on Mandella. I have serious respect for the man now, despite some of his dubious history. If it weren't for Mandella, there would be millions of dead white south africans, and South Africa would be in no better shape than Zimbabwe currently is.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'll only get angry about this if they win

Let's relight this forum ubblove

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
God Help us!

Lick Bush in 04'

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

the screeming flaming dudeYes, as a matter of fact, i do use fire poi. Why do you ask?
104 posts

Posted:
Fear not

there is NO WAY bush can get enough of the comittee votes to win a nobel prize, let alone for peace

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
--------------------------------------------------------
HEY, I COULD SPIN THAT!