Forums > Social Chat > A morning at the optometrist

Login/Join to Participate

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Went to the optometrist this morning. Gave me eyedrops that make my pupils grow, so he can shine really bright lights in my eyes that make everything look green, and apparently "see to the back of my eye".

This is my eye before and after. As my brother puts it when my pupils are dilated: "they can see right through to your soul" then he throws somethign at me because I'm creeping him out ubblol

compare

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i had that done to me before too. it's quite creepy. the worst part was i didn't know i was gonna have it done, so i drove there by myself and had to drive myself home. sunlight, dilated pupils, and driving are a BAD mix. i ended up skipping class cause i still couldn't see a few hours later.

but i found out i have scarring on my left eye and am losing my peripheral vision. tongue

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Wow! Those drugs are so powerful they make your piercing change colors! ubblol

If it makes you feel any better, you have terribly beautiful eyes.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Wow! Those drugs are so powerful they make your piercing change colors! ubblol

i noticed that too! ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Yeh, its even more fun when you have to work right after your appointment!!! eek eek eek

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I know!!! Pretty strong neh? Actually my doc commented on it ubblol Actually I lost that orange one ubbcrying I miss it *SO* much!!!! *bawls*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Bobo - you do have really beautiful eyes. An iridologist would have a field day with those!!

Do you find yourself quite psychic and/or sensitive to the vibrations of your environment?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Are you made out of wood??? Cos, if you do, it means you can float on water, therefore your weight is that of a duck, and you must be a witch... BURN 'ER

But really, look into my eyes... has anybody ever told you I have beautiful eyes??? tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I had that done, they also put some crazy stuff on it to numb it so they could repeatedly poke it with a little pin (not sharp) to test my eye pressure or something I was told not to rub my eye since I couldn't feel it and people have been known to squish them by pressing hideously hard when rubbing. Then like 4 eye doctor students took turns examining my optic nerver (it was slightly swollen and discoloured due to a big mistake I made..) anyways that was fun. I was also qurantined there because I had shared a hospital ward earlier when there was a major staff infection outbreak, and wards for eye-medicine are super nervous about this because the eye is not only the window to the soul but the window to infection.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I hate the dilating drops. When we learned how to do the ophthalmologic exam, we each had one eye dilated, which is worse than getting them both dilated.

And because I have such dark brown eyes (such that it's hard to see my pupils), I didn't even get the fun of having my friends freak out the rather striking difference between the two eyes.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
I get compliments on my eyes a lot too.

https://www.angelfire.com/ok3/sandyspage/images/eye2.JPG

Everybody should post a picture of their eye(s)

Then in the future when we use eye scanners for identification, I'll be able to steal all your identities and run off with your money..... muhahaha biggrin umm ubblol

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I now have yours... ubblol

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya i had the one eye dilated thing too. you're right, i'd imagine it's just be easier to have both done. though being able to close one eye on the drive home did help ubblol

**giggles**

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Wow bobo....

I remember having that done too... wink

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Quote:

they also put some crazy stuff on it to numb it so they could repeatedly poke it with a little pin

Better then a poke in the eye with a sharp stick I suppose.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I heard about a Japanese war torture where they poke a stick (or pin rather) down into your eye and into the optic nerve! Aparently they were very successful at getting what the wanted!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
EEeeewwww man that some mad stuff.
Hope you're back to normal now smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Yesh, I am back to normal now.

Man, those Japanese sure know how to get their way... Made me cringe reading that, I can't imagnine anything poking into my eye *shudders* Or someone licking my eye for that matter O.o'

Kinky, yo wink

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
They probably only got erroneous information, which is what torture most often produces. Maybe that's why they lost the war.

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
I have a friend who is terrified of eyes. Especially blue ones. I always feel incredibly honoured when she looks me in the eyes (v blu) for a whole conversation. She even had problems looking into her sons eyes for long periods when he was first born (she can now, i don't think there will be any lasting trauma!) Its not really noticable, i used to think she was just shy.
kiss

... simplify ...

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
at least ur eyes dont permanently look f*cked up - i always have to look like this

www.geocities.com/fluffyrainbows2003/homepage.html

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Aimee! You have a coloboma! How cool!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
yeh.....its great isnt it.....*groan* and ones blue and ones green but you cant see v.well from the pic.