Forums > Social Chat > Would you like to eat me?

Login/Join to Participate

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Apologies if someone finds this tasteless (bad cow pun) but the legal / moral argument is actually very interesting because cannibalism isn't illegal in germany....hmm.....what a bizarre situation.

What do you think anyway. I'm all for free choice as bloody odd as this case is. I certainly don't approve though and to be honest cannot (or ever will) for the life of me understrand it.... eek

Anywho if you've not heard about it already and have no idea what I'm harping on about here's a story from the purveyors of truth themselves...
Cannibal consensus

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I think if both parties agree (you don't to be dead to get eaten) then there's nothing wrong. If not.....well then they deffinately shouldn't! Although...what's the difference between being eaten by worms and insects and stuff after you die and being eaten by a humam?? hmmmm...questions.....

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
well, to be honest people do a lot of weird thing that are completely legal (take some sexaul practices spank )

Maybe for some cannibalism is so completely weird and against their nature that they think it's 'wrong', but as long as they're not hurting anyone else and it really is done with consent (i mean, one person hasn't been made to belive it's what they want) then i guess it has to be ok.

the inly thing is, it's like the whole euthanasia debate, where the people might be willing, but their actions might encourage people with less well meaning intent.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Quote:

In March 2001, Bernd-Jurgen Brandes, 43, answered an advert Mr Meiwes had posted on the internet for a well-built male who was prepared to be slaughtered and then consumed.

I remember when the story first broke when it was discovered he had killed and eaten the man and I remember the quote from the ad he placed. Sorry but that's one of the most hilarious things ever.

Honestly I don't know what the answer is, But I think a contract witnessed and drafted by legal profesionals should undoubtably be required if they actually give this guy a slap on the wrist.

As for cannabilsm not involving voluntary death (IE cutting off a piece of thigh and shareing it), I would say who the hell cares.

On both issues aslong as no one eats brain tissue (I believe it's mishaped proteins in brain tissue that can cause mad cow disease) then the actual cannibalism part is a non issue to me. Infact given the opportunity knowing the meat was voluntarily offered (without death or serious maiming involved) I would certainly try human meat out of curiosity.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Seeing as the only meat vegetarians can eat without compromising their principles is Placenta, as it comes from giving not taking life, would eating that constitute as Cannibalism in Germany?

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
And when someone is scattering cremated remains and they blow onto your sandwiches does that count? (it has happened!)

I know of a woman who had a extra pair of ribs removed from beneath her collarbone where they were pressing on a nerve. She asked to keep them so that she could barbeque them later. The hospital said no.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
The sentance has been passed, 8 years 6 months for manslaughter apparently. So he'll still be getting the chance to munch on some human meat afterall!! ubblol Sorry couldn't resist that!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I bags a rear shank! That should feed our household!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats