Forums > Social Chat > Your not special Thread

Login/Join to Participate

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I got one of my RAh Rah RAh talks at work today and i was told why do you have to think your special ?.

I thought we're all special in our own way ? [/color:blue]

How can i handel people whan they make negative statments at me that make myself feel drained .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
My head hurts even thinking about ppl like that and the negativity involved.
Part of my job description as a parent is to make my kids feel special.
One of the things I really like about HoP and most of my friends is the positivty we generate towards each other and the way that flows around. I had a very specail spin with friends recently that was so beautiful because of how positive we all were.

I will add ..Puk today you made me feel good with a simple PM....so for me you are special.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap, we are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world.

Sorry couldn't resist.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Quote:

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap, we are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world.

frown
I dont think thats very caring after puk is obviously upset about what happened today. Compassion goes a long way. umm

Puko, you make me smile. You are spontaneious, daring, humourous, smiley and one of my very best buddies.
I care for you and I hate to see you hurt. ubbcrying
Im sending you healing and I want to remind you of something,
you are a sensitive. It is hard to allow other peoples negitive energy to roll off your back, but important to remember that you need to protect your self energetically and not allow them to dampen your spirit. You have far too much to offer others in a positive frame of mind...
smile sweetheart. hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Families F*** you up. Q. How do you make racist bigot? A: Raise someone with racist parents. Religion crap. Class crap. Manners. Values. Ethics. All formed by parents who had the same ill treatment, that is untill you're about 10-13 yo when your parents are forgotten and your peers take over f***ing you up.

The most horrible mental abuse story I've ever heard is of a young couple who where telling their 4 year old son that he had ruined their life. Now that he was here they couldn't have fun and they never had money any more and he was the cause of it all. If that kid survives, it'll be a bloody miracle and he's likely to be a mess.
Negativity begins in the home. It's stunts emotional and mental growth and creates dysfunctional members of the community.

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Quote:

How can i handel people whan they make negative statments at me that make myself feel drained

I think negativity just bounces off us sometimes when we're able for it. Sometimes it takes alot out of us if we're not able for it. At least you know we're all special and well my advice is use this *hands puk negativity resistant invisible shield*

This is for when your not able for it. hug

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
BTW I didn't mean any harm with my fight club quote.

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
stark fact of modern life - nobody cares what you are/feel if you work for them.

My personal approach to people who like to put others down is the good ole pretend i have cotton buds in my ears and hum a little tune to myself.

What YOU think of yourself is what matters, feck everyone else

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Quote:

*hands puk negativity resistant invisible shield*
This is for when your not able for it. hug

That's the nicest thing ever.

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
dude u must have forgot to turn on ur small minded person translator today, see if you had had it on instead of hearing

why do you have to think your special ?.

you would have heard
i feel unhappy about myself and my life, u dont appear to feel the same way and now i feel inadequate, rather than trying to improve myself and my circumstances so i can feel better about myself instead ill drag u down to my level
otherwise known as the tall poppie syndrome
*note* the translation usually has a few more words in there but with the pg 13 rating n all that they had to be omitted

i guess u have a few options
1 - put ur filter on translator on
2 - next time u see ur boss grab his or her hand and place it on ur ass then sue for sexual harrassment
3 - reply with i dont have to think im special i am special if u keep giving me negative vibes karma will sort u out ......... hes 7ft and 2 axels wide

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Puk I care for you hug

I have been in your shoes before. I have had friends stab me in the back and lie about it. I know what you are saying.

I will admit that I am a dweller. Yes I am and I need to not dwell so much on what others say or do to me.

What I usually do is just ignore them and realize that if they said something like that to me, I would just say they were jealous of your personality and your compassion for life.

Thank you for the PM also. At least I know somebody read my entry and cares ubbcrying ubblove hug

Holds out a staff and a set of poi
Which shall you choose as your weapon? umm hug

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well... Puk I am sure you really don't want my info, but hear me out...

When someone asks a really friggin dumb question like that, instead of letting it effect you answer their question.

Okay, pretend you're at work at McDonalds and the same question gets asked by a manager.

"Because I am here 15 minutes early and stay past my time to get off, I never chuck sickies and I perform my job above and beyond the required level."

Say something like that and they will shut up and never ask you again. Turn a negative situation into a positive one.

Van Wilder: "Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive."

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
you may sometimes feel that to the world you aren't someone special,
but ima sure that to someone you are the world.
tongueeace:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys.

I just find events in my life really draining Work ,

Been a third wheel everywhere i go .

Putting up with people with closed minds .

Beening missunderstood .

If it wasn't for some of my firey friends at the moment i go nut's

Astar you couldn't help with your twisted sense of humor .

Bender you rock im dying to come down to melbourne .

Mistress A ubblove hugyour such a sweetie im sure people will notice you soon

Gnorc : i've got a fake gold rock for you

Benjamin thanks

Ray thanks as well I love Van wilder he rock and the Quote is cool

Audex umm

Valura ubbangelTalk to you guys later

Bubbleishes and Deep soul sheep Thanks for the sheild .

Oh i know maybe i could Buzz like a bee (cause he told me we're all Drone's)

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Quote:

At least I know somebody read my entry and cares

I care sweetie... hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry Im a very cynical old bastard sometimes. I'm 29 next week and have had about 30 something jobs and about 40 addresses, I've seen some stuff, hey! I answered a story about negativiy with another confused

Here's a better thought: Radical Forgiveness Therapy.
On pondering forgiveness, a uni professor realised that when most people forgive someone, they meerly brush over or hold back their negative emotion toward a percieved wrong-doing. they don't genuinely let go of the negativity they have been given. When somebody does a bad deed, they are invariably a person with a problem passing it on as their own (bad) way of dealing with their own issues. These people need sympathy and help to get over their problems, but they are constantly pushing away help as a reaction to being told they have a problem and because that's how they deal. When you realise this it's far easier to see the real issue which is not yourself, but something within the other. Holding a grudge, even if it doesn't manifest itself, is a great burden that holds you down and prevents any progress towards feeling better. Realising that the wrong-doer is merely reacting to their own problem helps you changing your outlook and feeling towards them. That way, real forgiveness becomes a great gift to yourself.

the exercise he gave his students to illustrate this was to get them to write the name of someone they had not forgiven on a potato and carry them in plastic bag for the week until next lecture. In that time the students had to explain why they were out with a bag of potatos and hide from those people who's names were on them. Some even stayed indoors for the whole time. When the week was up, the spuds were are stinky and nasty, and not all students even managed to complete the exercise. The professor pointed out that it would only get worse as time went on, but could eventually become adjusted to out of habit. Like a grudge. Nasty smelly slimy obtrusive embarressing annoying constant grudge.
Please people, throw away those potatos! wave

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Everybody's special, I was thinking today about posting another thread saying something like "Everyone on home of poi is spongey" Not spongey in a sponge cake with treacle sticky kind of way (Yummo I'm hungry now) but spongey as in lovely even though sponge scares some people
Feel better soon!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
The easiest way to be certain you are special is not to dwell on those who ask you negative questions but just go out and make another person feel special, for no apparent reason.

It's the same way i cheer myself up if I'm down, I try to do something nice for someone who isn't expecting it, and then catch their smile afterwards.

It's easier than you think... smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
to quote a signature i saw once and liked (from a different board) - "Just remember, you're unique, just like everyone else, innit".

(I would give credit to whoever's sig it was but I don't remember)

hug

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Thats great Charles and it really works. For everyone.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Yeah that's great advice. It does work too.

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
u da man charles
'You only get as much as you give'

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Your right charles thanks for reminding me .

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Do you know any slow or special people? Yay, yay! biggrin

What exactly is supposed to be special? A special PERSON? Uniqueness is a wonderfull thing... it gives you the ability to say "I am the infinitly perfect (insert name here)" Always cheers me up telling myself that I am the Ultimate Mike Hallock as no one else can be. I like Charles' idea too though... have to try that one next time I'm feeling low. Making others feel good is always a great exercise regardless of your reasons...

Although my Ethics teacher gave this example for that view... You can give food to charity, and that is good, yes? Well not if your doing it for the sole purpose of extending a suffering persons misery for another day because you dislike the underprivledged... Ha, sorry I just had to share that... he comes up with the weirdest examples.

See, this is why I really don't like economics... cold and heartless numbers are. As for your boss, I would have asked him right back "What makes you think I'm not?" How presumptuous and pompous. I hope he finds something to give his life meaning one day so he doesn't have to go around dragging others down to that dispicable place... mad

hug

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Quote:

You can give food to charity, and that is good, yes? Well not if your doing it for the sole purpose of extending a suffering persons misery for another day because you dislike the underprivledged

It's not whether you intended tp good or not that matters...its whether it is percieved by the recipient to be beneficial or not.

If the reciever knew why you were giving them the food, but were grateful anyway, then you have done a good thing, regardless...

In my opinion, anyway.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?