fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
i recently got a unicicle and i'm having trouble, i can move forward about a metre and stay still for a few seconds but thats about it, has anyone got any advice of info on riding one, if you have it would be great cos i have to learn it by saturday.
any advice on saddles would be good too cos mine seems a bit big.

thanks
j

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
learning a unicycle that quickly is imposible!

its gonna take patience and i high tollerence of frustration.

start learning in a corridoor or with a fence for support to geth hang of riding.

learn to push off from a wall and see how far you get with out falling off.

then learn to stay on it!

get your self some unicycle videos for inspiration, there are tonnes out there and use of a unicyclists forum is a good one too.

I just sent off for Universe 2 on DVD..... you gotta look for a trailor on the net for it! you will be amazed at how far people are pushing unicycling....

other interesting things to look out for is a guy called Kris Holms. wink

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
Anythings possible, people have learned to ride in 3 hours up to a month. if you want to watch some vids go here: https://www.arizuni.com/videos.html
they also have some extreme unicycling on another page of their website. to get on it put your foot on the pedal and you you sittin on the seat. if its fitted right, the cycle will be at an angle. to get it perpendicular to the ground pedal, and the unicyle with come up, lifting you up on it. then just cycle off, or use a fence if you wish. hehe, i want to get a cycle!

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

1,972 posts

Posted:
woohoo, i can ride my unycicle, it took me 3 days to learn it inside unfortunately i learnt it when it was snowing and then it was wet so today i finally went outside and now i can go forwards and (almost) backwards and i can mount it without the aid of anything to hold onto.
my sis say's that cos i learnt it in three day's inside and didn't actually go out untill now means that i didn't learn it in three day's, what do you think?

here are my excuses for not going out snowing wet (windy cold) busy (could not get unicycle out for a few days) too busy
busy again (couldn't ride unicycle for about a week.

1,972 posts

Posted:
also does any1 know if the big plastic spokes are better or stronger than the normal metal ones?
the next unicycle i wanna get is an offroad one does anyone know any good ones?, somewhaere on here i think it was on "buying a unicycle"
someone said something about a special tipe of something that meant you could jump four feet without it brakeing? could someone give me more info on that if you could that would be great.

p.s you might say why not just go look at the other thread but i did and i got confused a bit dont know why maybe i'll try going back there

1,972 posts

Posted:
ok, now i feel stupid

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Quote:

someone said something about a special tipe of something that meant you could jump four feet without it brakeing?

https://www.unicycle.uk.com/shop/shopdisplayproduct.asp?catalogid=485

This is a very good buy, i've used mine for over two years for loads of miles with no problems.

www.unicycle.uk.com is, IMO, the best place to get a uni in England, it's part of the unicycle.com network which has branches in several countries.

The thing for four foot drops with no breakage is a 'splined hub/crank' set-up; more expensive, necessary for extreme muni, unnecessary for milder muni without big drops.

The best internet resource for muni/big wheel/distance unicycle is: -

https://www.unicyclist.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3

the uni equivalent to HOP; do some searches (on splines for example) then ask some sensible questions and you'll recieve excellent advice.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!