Forums > Social Chat > Backpacking Europe with Poi

Login/Join to Participate

PaliGOLD Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
Hello wonderful people! I've been realizing more and more that most of the good spinning action goes on outside of the US. Having only met two other people who practice what has become my favorite pasttime you can understand my frustration and desire to meet other poisters.

My friend suggested backpacking Europe and it sounds like a good idea to me! Hostles, bus passes, countless places to visit, and poisters galore! I'd love to hear of some of the backpacking experiences other twirlers have had and any suggestions for planning.

peace ubblove weavesmiley

Genuineness only thrives in the dark -- like celery.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
There are alot of Really Great fire spinners in the USA, however most are not here on HOP. You have to go out and find them.
I travled the west coast last summer looking for fire spinners, and found plenty! There are many up in Seattle, Ashland OR, Santa Cruse.... I met a ton of fire folk at diffrent festivals as well. Learned a ton of new moves and diffrent staff and poi designs.

I say Go for it! I wish I could go with ya. The only way to get really good is to put yourself out there.

Remember, Follow your bliss, and doors will open where there where No doors before.

Good Luck,

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
there are a huge number of spinners down in texas as well, but that isn't your question, is it?

Bugger the hostels, look thru the meet others section to find fellow HoPpers to crash with while you tour Europe.

Of course, you absolutely have to come through Berlin. You can crash at my place - I have a whole extra room I pay rent for (or will be shortly anyway) specifically so I can have poeple stay at my place when they are in town.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!