Page:
audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
What's the stupidest question you've been asked?
For me it's:
"Do vegetarians eat bacon?" ubbidea ubbloco spank
Someone really asked me that...

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
this one is where the answer is stupid, not neccisarily the question (though it ain't the brightest question ever either).

It is an actual exchange between two of my ex-wife's friends (who both work for an airline):

"which state is San Francisco in?"
"Hey stupid, San Francisco is a state!"
umm
(yes, she was blonde - very blonde)

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Quote:

What's the stupidest question you've been asked?
For me it's:
"Do vegetarians eat bacon?" ubbidea ubbloco spank
Someone really asked me that...

I know a veggy that ate bacon.... it was a mistake she was inebriated
BUT a veggy ate bacon!!!!!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Im blonde and proud! even if i cant say the words paralellogram, millenium, paramedic or specificly(i always end up say pacificly!) and i cant spell them either....lol

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Richy - What do you call fly with no wings?

Me - err, dunno

Richy - a walk

rolleyes

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
oh vanize....yours just totally reminded me of an exchange i had with the lovely folks at Sprint...

right before i went to kent, i called Sprint to find out if my phone could roam internationally. they transfered me to the "international roaming" department (they only deal with answering questions about international roaming...note that...it's important)

so this lady gets on the line, and i ask her, "i'm going to england and i wanted to find out if i'm still able to use my phone while i'm there."

she says, "ok, what's the country?"

i stifle a laugh, thinking perhaps she didn't hear me, and say, "england."

now mind you...her entire job is to know INTERNATIONAL roaming. she should know the countries right? at least the rather well-known ones.

she comes back with, "i can't find it. are you sure that's a country?"

i, at this point, am stuck between laughing and wanting to yell at her for being an idiot. i reply, "yes, perhaps try the United Kingdom."

she's goes to try again, after a short bit, comes back and says, "no i can't seem to find that either. are you SURE that's a country?"

i am speechless at this point. after composing myself, i say, "yes. maybe look under britain, or great britain."

she tries yet again, coming back again and say, "no, no i can't seem to find it."

i think it can't get any worse. i was wrong. exasperated, i finally say, "i'm going to london...." she cuts me off before i can finish and says, "oh london, let me look for that." she proceeds to look for london under the list of countries.

i gave up after that.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Ohh..I just heard a doozy, not a question though

coworker: "The spots on proQ are absolutely correct, except that they are wrong"

uhm...can anyone see why I'm frustrated with this guy?

Necrusmember
113 posts

Posted:
How about a stupid reply?
ME "I really wanna go to Spain."
A FRIEND "Me too!I always wanted to go in America!"
confused mad confused ubbcrying mad confused frown spank umm

Metal Rulezzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
I like this post! beerchug
A friend had just dropped me of at the cafe I worked at and we were sitting down for a coffee before I started work. She asked me what time i finished, but i had a mouth full so I held up nine fingers. I had to explain why i thought it was so funny when she screamed "Eleven"! confused ubblol
People seem to ask stupid questions around me all the time. They must know i enjoy them! weavesmiley

... simplify ...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Im blonde and proud! even if i cant say the words paralellogram, millenium, paramedic or specificly(i always end up say pacificly!) and i cant spell them either....lol

yeah, I wind up saying pacifically too sometimes. I also have to go very slow when I say "soldier", otherwise I wind up saying "shoulder".

and I'm not even blonde... tongue

-v-

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Oh man, I'm all pink from laughing. this thread is the best idea I've had since the last one.! I have a very boring job and I go into work and tell ppl about the replies. It's so much fun.

The "can I ask a question?" one happens all the time. i used to work in a backpackers hostel and whenever a Swiss or Austrian wanted to ask a question they would say "I have a question" to which I would shriek and hide under the counter. It's a ploiteness thing for them but they couldn't understand that if someone asked me a question I would automatically know.

Some more rippers:
"Africa's a country isn't it?"
After a trip to Europe in year 4 and getting back to school:
Shane Smith: "How was America?"
Me: "I went to Europe"
SS: "Same thing isn't it?"
Kids are great beerchug

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i just asked a really stupid question!

you know when you have those diagrams taht are cut aways of the sexual organs aof a guy and a girls bits?

well one day we were given these in an a-level bio class to label and sort, now i labeled all mine with scientific terms, but there was this only lil gland looking bit near the ass whole on my diag that i didnt knwo, and i raised my hadn, and called my 50+ bio female bio teacher over, and said

"miss is that the male g-spot?"

yes i REALLY asked that question!

Step (el-nombrie)

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Actually, the prostate has been referred to as the male G-spot many a time by people highly regarded as knowing their stuff. In fact, it is essentially the same gland, just serving slightly different purposes in different sexes. I'm not going to follow the analogy any further than that given the PG-13 rating of HoP, but basically the answer to that question is "yes". ubbrollsmile

Now, I might agree that the wording was a bit off given the enviroment....

-v-

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
I was in the car with two of my friends once and the driver said "we should do this more often, get out of the county I mean. Don't you think we need to get out of gloucestershire more?"

Why was that a stupid question?

He didn't live in gloucestershire.

Nor did I.

The only person in the car who did, couldn't drive.

That's pretty stupid.

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I work in a Pound Shop, and i constantly get asked how much things are! confused

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Quote:

The "can I ask a question?" one happens all the time. i used to work in a backpackers hostel and whenever a Swiss or Austrian wanted to ask a question they would say "I have a question" to which I would shriek and hide under the counter. It's a ploiteness thing for them but they couldn't understand that if someone asked me a question I would automatically know.

LOL.. I work at a backpackers in Sydney. I've been asked so many stupid questions that I'm immune to them now. One that will always stay with me though:

American tourist: What's the weather for today?
Me: I've just printed up the forecast, looks like it will rain today...
American tourist: Rain?! O damn... Do you know what time it will rain?
Me: Did you just ask me if I know what time it's gonna rain today?
American tourist: yep
Me: ummmm, no sorry. I don't know what time it will rain today
(to self: duh! let me just give mother earth a call and I'll double check for you!)

I had soooo many very witty replies spinning through my head. I should have said
"o yes, in Sydney it rains at 3.47pm every second day for 25 minutes. Don't forget your raincoat!"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
My friend used to work at an Information-Center-type-deal here in Alberta, out in the middle of nowhere, where the avid 'outdoors-people' (from the inner cities, no doubt) and such would come out for a day or two of camping or hiking. She'd always come over and tell us all the silly questions people would ask her... A few of my favorites were:
"What time do you let the bears out?" (umm)
"What's that white stuff on top of the mountains? How d'you put it up there?" (Hmm, I dunno..)
"Where do you keep the bears, and is there a place I can go to feed them?" (Yep, right over there, Miss, just watch your hands... Or any body part you care to keep...)
"I spotted a bear on the highway two years ago while visiting here. It was climbing across a fence towards a field... Could you tell me where it is now?" ( rolleyes Yes, of course. That would have been 'Smokey', bear number 3746...)

I dunno what their obsession with bears was, but... It made us "bushmen" laugh at their "city ways"...

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I can understand the American's request...when we get the daily weather report here, the weatherman usually tells us if it will be raining in the morning, at lunchtime, in the early or late afternoon, during the evening, or at night.

I agree that asking for a specific time is a little bit much though.

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:
George Bush last week:

"The illiteracy level of our children are appalling."

Jean Chretien (ex dictator of Canada):

"Seals don't eat beef. I was interviewed one day in France. I explained one of the problems is we have too many seals. A reporter came to me and asked if it is true that seals eat cod. I don't know. I'm not a seal. But I can tell you seals don't eat beef because the seals are not living in Alberta."

wink

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
This is a common one from a lot of our student (I work at and Australian College in the Call Centre)

Me: The minimum enterance requirement is Minimum c grade in four accredited year 12 subject
Caller: So I got three C grades that means I can apply right?
(ummm.....duh....no!)

Me: The minimum enterance requirement is Minimum c grade in four accredited year 12 subject
Caller: So I completed year 10 am I eleigible to get into the course.

Me; I'm sorry but we don't offer this course.
Caller: Why not?
Me: Government will not fund this type of course through the college system
Caller: Oh so that means I can't do it through you guys then?
Me: That's right.
Caller: Well can you organise it so that I can do it through your college.

(Yeah like it is that easy to organise a fully accredited course)

Me: The course you have enquired about is only available through university not through the college system.
Caller: So I have to go to uni then?

The list is endless of dumb questions I get asked everyday....

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
a girl i know who's nce but a bit ditzy once asked me if you could make toasted cheese sandwiches in the toaster. i told her yes thinking she was joking and she did it! and she melted the toaster.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
My mum said the most ditzy thing last night,

We were talking about getting one of the storage bags that seal everything in...

Mum: How do they work?
Me: You use a vacuum cleaner and take the air out.
Mum: Oh would our vacuum cleaner work on it?
Me: Yeah why wouldn't it!?!
(wait for it the best bit comes next)
Mum: But does our Vacuum cleaner suck? ubblol

Bless her cotton socks, she really does try hard at times.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
my lil sis askd a dumb ass question last night

while cooking gammon steaks for dinner she asked

' are they a scottish fish!!?!?!'

ubblol<<<< me

then adding no its pig tongue

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Page: