Page:
audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
What's the stupidest question you've been asked?
For me it's:
"Do vegetarians eat bacon?" ubbidea ubbloco spank
Someone really asked me that...

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:

My sisters Boyfriend is 23 and at uni and the other day he asked me if 12:30 in the afternoon is AM or PM.

rolleyes

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
i have asked many stupid questions in my life..but cant remeber any off hand right now ..but! i can tell you one my sis asked me just as we were taking off from heathrow airport

my sis was sat next to the window..theres me reading my mag and sucking aboiled sweet and she turns to me with a quizzical look on her face and said

'soph does it rain above the clouds??!!'

i proceeded to laugh then choke on my sweetie and have never let her live it down... she was 19 at the time!

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
was once asked, no, TOLD that i was fire breathing with water.... confused

I tried to argue back using the laws of physics, but they werent having any of that....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Where do you put the batteries in battery hens...

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
oh and this isnt really a question asked but thought i would share it with you

we were in the car one day, mum driving, my youngest sis aged 3-4yrs at the time, in her car seat in the middle of the back seat, me my other sis and our mates in the various other seats around the jeep .. anyways conversation gets to body piercings and i mention that my mate at college just got his fore skin pierced and all the hilarious stories he had about it .. and we all started laughing including baby sis ..so i stop and say to my lil sis

'why you laughing you dont know what we're talking about'

'yes i do' she says

'okay then whats a pierced fore skin' i said

and she proudly puts her finger to her forhead tapping it and says

'its here sosie, SEE!! fore skin!!'

i never laughed so hard

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Not so much stupid as silly

On the morning of 1st January 2000, as in millenium New Years Day, the day after possibly the biggest night of celebration the world has ever seen, for the occasion of what the date was:
"What is the date today?"
...remember all that noise last night?

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm a High School Teacher. I'd use up all of Malcom's bandwith if I listed all the questions I get asked.

My most memorable was my first stupid question on my first day of teaching ever... it went like this (I was teaching a bio class at the time.)

Kid: [Raises hand] Are we going to look at Lizard Penises in this class?
Me: Um... no.
Kid: I'm sorry, Jeff paid me $5 to ask that question, here take $2 sir.

I let him keep the money but did tell him that the next time Jeff offered him money to do silly stuff, he should do it and we'd split the money.

biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

My sisters Boyfriend is 23 and at uni and the other day he asked me if 12:30 in the afternoon is AM or PM.

rolleyes

in all fairness...americans don't use the 24-hour clock (unless you're military). so if he was american and asking, it's a fair question.

can't think of any dumb questions at the moment, but i know i've got them.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
In a high school English class:

"Mrs. Martin, what's going to be on the impromptu?"

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KiwiBexmember
69 posts

Posted:
In High School geography "Is there such a thing as Northerly-Southerly winds?" meaning like a sou'wester! Completely off the topic and in front of the rest of the class..... ubblol

And when I was travelling and identified myself as a New Zealander, being asked, "is New Zealand connected to Australia by the Sydney Harbour Bridge?" Oh dear it was a serious question eek

I said perhaps, and thats FINAL.

I love my length!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I can remember a poi related one - "is that real fire?"

this led to utter confusion all around, mainly because no one could figure out what the hell else he could have possibly thought it was - fake fire??? confused

actually, I'm still confused by that one. Seems like a pretty basic thing really, being able to tell whether something is actually on fire or not... especially when you were as close to it as that person was.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in all fairness...americans don't use the 24-hour clock (unless you're military). so if he was american and asking, it's a fair question.

But if he knew it was the afternoon, shouldn't the AM or PM have been obvious?

I've probably been the asker of more stupid questions than most...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But if he knew it was the afternoon, shouldn't the AM or PM have been obvious?

only if you actually know what AM and PM stand for and actually use your brain before opening your mouth

Quote:

I've probably been the asker of more stupid questions than most...

er... no comment.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
well then you ought to be able to list many more than just the drunk guy asking about real fire...we then had to explain, that yes, they can burn since that was indeed real fire...

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
someone i know once asked someone whether they were drinking red or white wine. The glass of wine was RIGHT in front of him, and it was obvious what the answer was :P

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
back when i was in junior high, me and my best friend went to the movies and were watching the advertisements beforehand. there was one that was for soda, and it just showed a picture of a soda in the background, and in BIG letters said:

SO

DA

my best friend sat for a few moments, going, "so. da. so. da. i don't get it." i couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes. we still laugh about that now tongue

ok so not exactly a question, but close enough wink

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Quote:

In
And when I was travelling and identified myself as a New Zealander, being asked, "is New Zealand connected to Australia by the Sydney Harbour Bridge?" Oh dear it was a serious question eek

My first stint in Australia was in high school and before I left one of my friends wanted to know "Do they speak Austrian there?"

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I was out to dinner with my family, and aunt, uncle, and cousins. My dad ordered pistacio icecream, stating it was the house specialty, so a bunch of the whole group got some too.

So, when the ice cream came, my dad serisously asked "Oooh, this is *so* good, what kind of nuts are these again?" When he was the one to suggest it.

Oh good times good times. Many more, but can't remember them tongue

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
i'm frequently asked if i can feel when my twin sister is hurt or vis versa, i'm also asked if i'm if i am telepathic w/ my sister or other ppl or if i can read ppls minds! i dunno if these are silly questions to you all but hearing them a million times they are to me! i actually did convince a guy once that my sister and i were telepathic! he was really freaked out!~

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I once asked how high knee high socks were. rolleyes
yeah I know, I know

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Once we were watching this movie called "Finding Nemo", and there's this bit where there is a sunkin submarine with mines floating all around the wreak.

Then, out of the mouth of miss "Will not be named as I fear for my life", she yells, "Watch out for the 'land mines'"...

tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
My friend used to council for a beach camp and I'd occasionally come to help. They have things called 11:00 sun block and 1:15 sun screen (which rhyme, of course).

A boy came up to me and asked:

"What time is the 11:00 sun block?"
"Erm... 11:00."
"Oh... what about the 1:15 sun screen?"
"..."

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
once i was asked if i knew i wore contacts. yep, whe was blonde

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Oh no no no... let's not turn this into a blonde thread... spank

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Quote:

she yells, "Watch out for the 'land mines'"...

ARSN
i didnt yell it. I whispered it cutely
I had such a ditxy week when Blue was there, he must think Im a total moron!! ubbloco

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
some years ago, me and my coworkers were planning a night out together. we decided to go skating, and this place in town had midnight skating. the day before, we were all at work talking about it, and one girl asked, "what time is the midnight skate?"

she had lots of moments like that. dear girl, we loved her though. ubblol

**giggles**

Genevivemember
17 posts

Posted:
We have a lemon tree in our back yard, a friend once asked me 'if lemon's are green does that mean they are limes'?

Duuhhh

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
the stupidest one must be
'can i ask you a question?'
because they just did!!
in kent when all those rudies turned up one turns to the other while owen is firebreathing and asks what hes doing it with, the other turns and says its strongbow
very flammable strongbow.
then again i used to work with a girl who didnt beleive in eskimos, she thought they were like faries
true
never underestimate the stupidity of the human mind.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i was shopping in brighton once and this bloke walked up to me with a puzzled look on his face an asked 'am i going the right way?' lol!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubbtickled ubbtickled ubbtickled at aimee.

Page: