Forums > Help! > Overhead cross????

Login/Join to Participate

Dinah-mitemember
14 posts

Posted:
OK, I don't know what the right name is, forward butterfly then cross overhead... Have been trying to get it but, duh.... Just keep hitting together. Any suggestions???
Thanks,
Dinah-mite confused

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I think you're talking about the overhead butterfly. i don't do poi so can't offer any advice other than checking out this lesson

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Im guessing youre talking about doing the cross from front to back (as opposed to side to side). In that case, all you need to do is keep your hands one on top of the other as you should already be doing for the normal forward butterfly. I usually keep my right hand on top of the left when doing forward which means your right hand will be on the bottom once you put it behind your head but thats really just preference. Also a smooth fast cross helps. The rest is up to practice!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Dinah-mitemember
14 posts

Posted:
Thanks, and I will try again!!!!
Dianh-mite

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Don't know if this will help you much, but I remember when Vanize taught me this move it helped for me to think down, down, behind, down. Meaning, I needed to have both my hands down on the bottom in front of me for one beat, and then the next beat they would be on the bottom in back of me.

Dinah-mitemember
14 posts

Posted:
Hi Spritie!!!!
Thanks, I will try and apply that also... Hope to see you at Helio's some day again!!! I am still VERY much a newbie as I am not as faithful as some... But I do enjoy it a lot!!Hope to get back to some lessons in the near future.
Adios,
Dinah-mite