Forums > Help! > Help- my internet connection is poo no secure site

Login/Join to Participate

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
i seem to be having problems with acessing secure sites ie HOP shopping i cant acess them i have checked my securety settings and i have also tried turning off my firewall with no affect.
the only hint i can give is that in the bottom right corner where it says internet it sometimes says mixed zone
PLEASE.. can anyone help........... confused confused confused

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I wish I could help, however I'm not geeky enough.... I'll see if I can find Dom to answer this one for you

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
6.0.2600.000 is the version no, i also tried ising the msn browser and the kazza browzer but i have no idea confused

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
kazaa and msn both use whatever IE you have installed, it's just embedded within the proragm's window

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
any other sugestions??

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
i also tried to reinstall internet explorer but a message pop up said this software does not pass the windows logo test AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH its windows explorer im not a happy bunny frown frown

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
try turning all of your internet security settings down to their lowest setting

its up there at the top of your screen.

Tools --> Internet Options --> Security.

try again.

Evildmanmember
46 posts

Posted:
From your description of the problem you are having, it appears that your security settings in IE have been corrupted. This is a common issue.

There are several troubleshooting steps you can take to correct this. However the quickest fix is a download and reinstall of the latest version of IE.

Go to https://www.microsoft.com/ie

You may get a warning that it is already installed. If so simply choose the option to "Reinstall all components".

This should resolve your issue. If it does not, let me know and I will provide you with some more in depth troubleshooting.

(Yes, I am a comp tech, so I have seen this before.

We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods than others. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
-Stephen F. Roberts

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
well i have figured out that my problem is to do with reg files sonthin to do with active x
i found this using a diagnostic software that told me the problem but wanted me tpp pay 112 pounds to fix it eek is their a way i can fix these files??

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
any one know how to restore active x??

Evildmanmember
46 posts

Posted:
Have you taken my suggestion of redownloading, and reinstalling Internet Explorer yet?
If so, what were the results? If not I still recommend this as the next course of action to correct these problems.

We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods than others. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
-Stephen F. Roberts

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
nd, most problems with MS software can be fixed by reinstalling, or applying a patch wink I wouldn't spend any money until trying a few things first

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."