Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
Yes it's a juggling convention, but there's plenty of us spinners to make up the numbers. The Scottish Juggling Convention hosted by Glasgow juggling club is being held on 6th, 7th and 8th of February at Glasgow Science Centre with accomodation included in tickets at the nearby Kinning Park Community Centre (bring a sleeping bag and some munchies)

There's an official show on the saturday with the renegade show later that evening for all-comers. There's also another attempt on the Haggis Juggling World Record on the sunday which we keep breaking every year. It's harder than it looks wink

more info on the convention here

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ryan air says I can fly outta here friday morning and be back early monday morning for 40 yoyo's ubbidea

I presume it's Meg who makes the amuzing contact videos doing the staff class?

It sounds joyous maximus....I'll think about it for a day or 2. smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
It may be the same Meg, but please dont quote me on that ^_^

If you decide to come drop me a message here and i'll meet you at the hall and make sure you get acquainted with all the nutters from glasgow juggling club ^_^

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
What what what?

I'm meg.. I think. And I'[m doing a staff workshop at the convention! Yay! Though if Nix is there, I'll probably be learning a lot too...

It's my juggling convention! It's gonna be a bit weird...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Nx is comming! ubbrollsmile: ubbrollsmile: ubbrollsmile:

gonna do an intermediate/advanced poi workshop, and ill help out with your staff if you want. Im shure youve got a few things to show me too.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I can't type! And apparently it's my convention? Not my first convention, as it should have said. Wooo. I thought it was this weekend, but it's the next. I can't wait!

This is a non informative post - wooo!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
maybejustmaybe i'll be there.

wave

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
just made the final arrangements this evening - i will run the beginners workshop, Nx doing the inter/advanced and there is a UV room with complete blackout and it's own sound system for anyone with UV toys (if not come borrow mine ^_^ )

Will be nice to put a face to a name meg ^_^

anyone else who's coming along pop me a message and i'll make sure you aint lonely once you get there

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
yeay a juggly thing! are many of eujs coming meghan-a-ra? Why do i feel like im throwing up when i mention our glorious society? eujs eujs hehe just playing

so yeah im coming so give a rough arrival time etc... biggrin
cant wait...

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I recon we should nominate a pub to meet up in, im prolly gonna get into glasgow about lunchtime btu i dont know it very well, so sombody else make the desigion, or tell us where the rest are hanging out. nice one.

T wave *bounces around with excitement*

-><- Kallisti

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I don't know! No doubt one other person from jugglinings society will go, but dunnoe who.

Plus I have no idea how to get to the science center / kinnings park. There's bus / underground / train, but which one out of train and underground is cheaper? When does the train / underground service stop at night? All these questions come to mind, and I think I could probably check them out on the internet, but I just haven't yet.

My plan was to get the £5.20 scotrail service there on both saturday and sunday, but if the underground stops early it'll be REALLY annoying.

Yay, I'm going to Ikea and I'm gonna buy curtain poles!

Also I know zero pubs in glasgow.... yeap exactly zero.

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
Right......

Underground goes til 11-30pm most days (6 on a sunday) and the stop to get off at is Kinning Park and the hall is right across the road. The science centre is a 5 min walk away and everyone tends to depart from the hall on the saturday morning just before 10ish to go on over. To get to the science centre itself see these instructions

The hall at kinning park opens 6pm on friday. If you arrive before then there's a pub at the end of cornwall street (map here ) that the organisers suggest to meet up at. It's fairly cheap but not too fancy. You can bring whatever you want for the evening in to the hall and we have our own security people so your stuff will be safe to leave when you head for the convention hall or pop out to the shops nearby for late night snacks.

Events on the saturday tend to go on til after 2am so it's best to bring a sleeping bag and stay at the hall if you are travelling in. There are basic cooking facilities (kettle, toaster, microwave etc) and take-away shops nearby. Dominos have been known to deliver as well....

The hall stays lively all through the night so light sleepers may want to book into the backpackers hostels near city centre. Sunday is traditional wander round like a zombie day anyway ^_^

The show will be out in maryhill but transport via the tube is paid for by the hosts so no need to worry about that.

Anyone need more info? If anyone's coming up on their own and is worried about not knowing anyone they can drop me a line on twisted_wings@lycos.co.uk and i'll see what i can do to help out.

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
Quote:

My plan was to get the £5.20 scotrail service there on both saturday and sunday,.

hahaha your gonna travel through each day? stay!!

its CHEAPER!

plus funnerer as you dont mis the late night jubilations!

come on!

do you still have to pay if your doing a wk shop? if not can i help and you pay half my monies tongue

random murbles

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yah! stay with us... be one of us.... come with us...... renounce your family.....

ubblol

-><- Kallisti

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
earplugs and a padded mat to sleep on top of are also highly recommended as you sleep directly on wooden floors. Personally i'm bringing a big double duvet and getting all wrapped up ^_^

when we say basic accomodation we mean basic smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I'm not a big fan of sleep deprivation, but I'll probably get into the spirit of things and stay anyway, till I fall over from attempting the oft attempted, oft failed, stay-up-all-night shenanigan, much fancied in my childhood. (?)

The damndest thing is, I really want to get back for the quiz on sunday night as well. And I can't tell you why. I could hint about badgers, but I'm not going to.

When you said you were bringing a big duvet, my first thought was, well I'll bring a big person to get wrapped up in. Hmmm whoops. I'm too tireded.

What is this post about?

Answers on a postcard to....

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, and thanks for the directions Azrelle!

Plus - Holy Smoke batman! Maybe I don't have to pay, that would so ROCK. Plus kit, you don't know contact staff, unless you've been hiding it real well? Are you gonna be my glamorous assistant? I probably will have to pay. damnit.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, i recon

you dont normally get money off for workshops.... cos peaple will tend to workshop themselves, or 'skillshare' as they call it.

wave

p.s. Im bringing a load of cone poi too, if anyone wants some.

-><- Kallisti

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
sorry, but as far as i know nobody is getting money off their ticket for workshops. It has never happened any other year and from discussions at the club it's not likely to start now.

It's intended to keep things fair for everyone i.e. beginners who havent the skills to do workshops or be in shows would end up paying more than the experienced people

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
was just a thought... ill cuddle you megs tongue

if i can come up... i wanna come quizzing... hmm i may just.... smile BUT I WILL GO HOME SUNDAY! make sure i do meg-y-o

right-o erm lost the thread
ah look m righting in it aHA i tickle myself

yes im losing it...

ubblol

random murbles

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
erm, this has nowt to do wiv the convention, but do you think you guys would wanna organise sumfing for HOP day 2004? check out the thread, and please reply on it, it'd be cool to get you guys on the video!
lotsa love
DB ubbrollsmile hug ubbrollsmile

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I was thinking, sheffield isn't so very far away, and I want to meet all those spinners down there... (Or was it stirling...? Is sheffield far away?)

But y'know, what day is HOP day?

It's gonna be the weekend soon!!!!! Well after Imbolc... SJC! yay!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Everybody!

"Oh we're goooooooing to juggle,
and we're, goooooooonnna get hammered.

yes we're goooooooing to juggle
and we're gooooooonnna get haaaameerreed!."

biggrin wave ubbloco

-><- Kallisti

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
beerchug beerchug beerchug
ubbloco ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbloco

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
hmm i think i was already fo r that last post...

oi megs stirling is bout half an hour-hour away sheffield is in ENGLAND foolish moggie!

heehee not gonna make it on sunday frown sorry!
come to citrus thursday if you can tho should be stooopid
if not fridday it is!!!

random murbles

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
what what? The citrus club? With my reputation? Before the performance? Er. Maybe. Are you just goin' through the list of threads and posting in each or what? CONVENTION TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made snadwiches! ubbloco