PaliGOLD Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
These little lights are incredibly fun to swing around, but they've got those crystals on the end that are always flying off, breaking, or doing other random badness.

Has anyone discovered that they work fine without crystals or found a model that doesn't have the crystals at all?

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
(photos from psycholights.com)

peace ubblove weavesmiley

Genuineness only thrives in the dark -- like celery.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
I never used the attachments with the Rav'ns because I figured they wouldn't last.

I don't have a comparison for how well they work without vs. with, but I have no complaints about using the Rav'ns without the attachments.

Folks still think they're pretty cool and leave decent tracers.

Many of the folks who were in Kent last month saw mine and a couple even commented...so yeah I'm fairly sure they'd look just as cool, and work just as well without the attachments.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
Get 2 spent glow sticks and empty them out/clean them out. put the raven in the end pointing up and the whole glowstick will light up! it's a six inch long rav'n!

Sadly, I can't take credit for that idea. But it's a great one. I still haven't quite figured out a way of affixing the light in the end of the glow stick (not a durable way that I like anyways), but if you figure it out, it looks great!

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
Ahh so u tried it andy , all i use is electric tape to attach them to end of the glowstick, it holds them nice a secure and they can be easily taken off to change battereis,

Had mine for ages and they still aint broke yet,there a good idea for some decent electric poi that look nice.

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
Coolness, i think i have some tape that would be appropriate for that. I just didn't want to get the lights icky with tape residue...

But I think that's probably the single best "homemade led poi" idea I've heard just because it's so simple. And you can do it with any kind of little key ring LED thingy.

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

Heathmember
36 posts

Posted:
I saw a set that someone made a couple weeks ago. He had put them inside a whiffle ball and the lit the whole damned thing up. They looked really great.

Hecatonchiresmember
45 posts

Posted:
They also look cool if you poke a hole on a ping pong ball and stick the light end in there. Hold on with clear sticky tape. Really disperses the light, gives you a small globe that looks really cool. Depends on how much tape you use to how fragile it is.

--Luke

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
i personally think they look awesome jsut plain..
but that's just me. smile

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

Chironback after 5 years...
35 posts

Posted:
I could never find a pair of those LED poi that had the same colour sequence so i tried adapting them and ended up with a bag of bits that dont work anymore, anyone want a bag of bits?!!
My next attempt was to build some proper LED poi, but thats another story....

Wizard of LED poi !

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
i have a friend that actually sanded off the sides of these Rav'n photon, and then inserted on the other end of his ElectroGlow Pois. so now half the his ElectroGlo strobe 3 colors, and the other half stays on blue.