Page:
Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
My dad watched the crappy video I made of me spinning poi and he said "Why don't we make you clothes that glow. Then people can still kind of see you."

Now...that's a fun idea. He has neon wire that we're gonna sew to a pair of pants and a shirt. Should be fun and add a little to the attraction of the spinning. Because you can see me moving as well. I update this when I complete the project. ubbidea

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i had a friend who did that. i'm still incorporating it into my own designs too, as soon as i can get back to the place that sells it smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ah, this is how I got my stage name (Lightning). I have a pair of pants and a shirt with EL Glow wire sewn in. Because it flashes, it makes me look like a walking lightning storm. Go figure.

Feel free to make a glowsuit. But steal my stage name and I might have to zap ya! ubblol

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oh, by way of advice, to attach the glow wire to the clothes, buy a length of elastic or shoe string that matches the outfit. Put on the clothes and then use safety pins to place the glow wire (be careful not to stick yourself!). Once you're happy with the placement, carefully take the clothes off and sew loops of your elastic or shoe string to the fabric of the garments. Then, you can pass the glow wires through the loops, which allows you to mor easily remove them so that you can wash the outfit.

Does that make sense?

-Mike

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
It does make sense. By glow wire do you mean glow sticks that are more like long flexible strings (used for neclaces)?

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
no there's actual glow wire you can buy. it's attached to a contraption where you have the batteries. the rest is as thin as shoelaces, and fairly long, so you can wrap it whereever

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
And you attach the battery to your clothes? Like on your belt or whatever?

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya you just tuck it wherever. it's not that big. my friend who had it on his pants had a small pocket at the bottom he just tucked it into

**giggles**

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Cool Neon

I just put the battery pack in my pocket.

-Mike

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Thanks yo. Cool site.

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
I'd never steal your stage name...or anything else. Thanks for the tip with the elastic. That makes total sense. My father and I didn't even think about the washing part.

He's even got neon wire left over from his "helmet" project. He put a flame design on the back of his motorcycle helmet. Looks pretty neat at night. I don't think it flashes tho.

SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oh, sweetie, I didn't think you were actually going to steal my stagename! hug I was just kidding around! cool ubbrollsmile weavesmiley

-Mike

general spinmember
52 posts

Posted:
and for the uk peopele ; www.surelight.com
Non-Https Image Link

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
2 things.

1) White looks groovy under UV
2) A tesla coil on your head might look silly, but it's worth it...

Groove in

smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Wow I've never seen that stuff before, it looks ace! Do you reckon it would thread through poi chain ok? I mean...it shouldnt get swited if you have swivel links on...would it?
Anyone ever done that to go with Glo-poi?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Quote:

2 things.

1) White looks groovy under UV
2) A tesla coil on your head might look silly, but it's worth it...

Groove in

smile

WTF is a tesla coil anyway? confused

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Astar briefly mentions on [Old link]

It's a machine that produces lightning. Well not really but mini-lightnings I think....in fact, I'm not too sure exactly, but I'm sure you get the idea. ubbidea

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Luminex is a company that sells premade glowing material. They sewed tiny fiber optic dealies into the fabric and it's battery operated. I read about them in Time, talk about good night jogging clothes!^-^

P*L*U*R

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

It's a machine that produces lightning. Well not really but mini-lightnings I think....

Mini-me! ubblol

-Mike

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
That is sorta like what I plan on doing to my truck smile

Flame Seat Covers

There are also the matching floor mats. I have been making my truck a glo-machine. It is only done if I won't get a ticket for it.
I have a red light bar that I plug into my 12V and it casts a red glow on everything. I could set it to pulse, but that may get me pulled over and ticketed. (you can't have red,blue, or white lights that would resemble any emergency vehicle on your vehicle...Depends on which state you are in as to what you can get away with)
I also have a set of Red Glo-Pedals. I still need to install those on my truck.

Never thought to use the glo-piping that I see in Automotive on clothing...Way kewl idea! beerchug

So can yall guess what color my truck is? ubblol
ubblove

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Purple?

wink

1,032 posts

Posted:
ubbtickled nope

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Orange?

Ok ok spank too far I know, I'm colour blind though... rolleyes wink

1,032 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I'm colour blind though... rolleyes wink

I never knew that...What type of color blindness do you have?

I have a friend who can only see in black and white and another who can't see red or green. The red/green color blind friend still manages to drive though! He just looks at which light socket on the traffic light is lit ubblol

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Madame Aurora...

You realize that between living in OK and TX and turning your truck into a glow-toy, that makes you a raver/hick hybrid, right?

This is a very frightening, but yet very amusing, thought.

-Mike

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
tesla coils are scary things. they zap you if you come within X number of feet from them.

i have glowy stuff in my car too! except it all broke frown i totally had the raver car going on......i've got a JVC deck and changer (always bumping trance and house), a rockford fosgate punch amp and a pair of 10" woofers. add that to a blue neon light in my back seat that flashed in time to the music, and blue neon flashing tireflys (the caps for the tire hose thingy). but my tireflies either fell off or got stolen, and my light busted somehow. oh well. at least i have my stereo biggrin

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
You know, flicking around the site, I've read the title of this thread a few times, but not got round to reading it.
Only just now have I realized it said 'glowing clothes' and not 'growing clothes'! ubblol
Doh! rolleyes I really do need my eyes tested again.

But, back on the subject... this is a cool idea. I'd never thought of it before. Is this glow wire available in Britain do you know?

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
raver/hick hybrid?! *is scared* tongue

i decided putting the neon wire on white clothes would defeat the purpose, because black lights would make the white glow too. but i've decided i can wrap the necklace glostix thru my hair creating more glowing fun...but still not over-doing it.

or maybe i could make a hat too biggrin too much??

SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Actually, I think that cool neon on UV-illuminated clothes would look awesome! My suit is black (and hasn't been used in 18 months frown ).

A hat would be awesome. I never thought of that.

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
BTW, this is your DAD's idea? Wow, you have a cool dad.

-Mike

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
yep...it was HIS idea!!! he'd never seen anything like it that might have given him the idea either. i was kinda shocked he'd thought of it. but yeah...i'm not sure what kind of hat tho.... any ideas?

SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*

Page: