Forums > Help! > Quoteing for performance jobs

Login/Join to Participate

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im just asking how does everybody else Quote for Performance jobs ?.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Ummm...can I ask a clarification before I answer?

Do you mean how do we charge? How do we submit a quote? Or how much do we quote?

confused
Thanks!
Pele

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
on the subject of fee's

decide how serious you are arebout being a professional performer... willyou quit your day job and devote yourself to the industry? will you work partime and do it on weekends? is the payed gig a one shot deal or so rare it won't make a difference? Thw weekend performer doesn't need to charge as much as someone who uses the performance to keep a roof over head and food on the plate... it doesn't mean they deserve less though!

do research, look into similar groups in your area ( or a couple of days travel ) and see what they charge for services offered. ( some groups offer more or less depending on the show) a personal e-mail or phone call is bound to give you better results than some other ways.

Look at the Individual ( or business) purchasing your skills, certain groups deserve a little bit of a break when it comes to fees. Non-profit groups and the what not may not be able to shell out heavy green for a good show but it may be good P.R. and good PR means more work!

be flexible.. if someone approaches you with limited funds see what you can do for their money.. it may mean a little less show .. but in the end it could be good PR

Don't umdersell yourself... once all your costs are factored in you may find that you are worth more than you think...

actual costs? nah i'm not comfortable talking abou that in a thread..

remember if you want to be treated like a professional then act like a professional.. people aare paying to see a professional show... do it up right !

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Sorry i realised i was a bit cryptic .

I was just asking if there was any formula's thats all

Ivan thanks for the help i know the actual price is hard to talk about .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
Puk
rule of thumb for me is a minimun $150 per fire handler per 15 mins with $10 per hour for travel time that is with the promter handling all insurance and permitt cost.for this area that seems to be the going rate for poi dancers.some are making more but they are offering more of a show.as someone already said check around see what others are getting see if they are pulling permitts and have insurance that is a big factor when you going to quote a job at 50 bucks when the permit costs you 150.
worst thing you can do is be a whore and under cut the others just to get your name out there all that will do is ruin your market promoters on the most part are cheap if they know they can get an idoit to spin fire for 50 bucks they will rarely pay you 150 or more.but it seems most dont stay doing shows for long once they figure out all the work it requires for very little money. I saw an ad on ebay a couple weeks ago for poi
They had in the ad Make $300 a night being a fire dancer I wonder what planet his drug dealer lives on :::::::::::laughs::::::::::::::::
hope this helped ya

Riz

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all