M@TTmember
34 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering, what are your favorite places to spin? Where do you go for some peace and tranquility, as well as some bad ass burn sessions???I love the beach, right down by the water. Last Friday, actually Saturday morning, I watched the sunrise while burning my poi. The waves were crashing and the light was rising. I had been up for nearly 24 hours and was a little influenced, but it was so relaxing. I can't wait to move to Costa Rica to do this at sunset on the Pacific Ocean!!!------------------ -M@TTKeep the fire burning.

-M@TTKeep the fire burning.

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
I'm still quite self-concious (sp?) about my spinning so I tend to spin late at night when I get home. I spin out in the dark under the moon or stars. It's quite, it's cool, it's a little private moment I have.Now, I know that a lot of people like to spin around other people at raves and parties, but I get the urdge to spin when I'm in nature. I've spun in the desert under the stars with only the light of a camp fire. I've spun in the desert under a warm blue sky surrounded by nothing but Joshua Trees and Cholla cactus. I can't wait to bring my poi backpacking and spin out in the forest or on the top of a mountian.I don't do burn sessions yet. Here in California I wouldn't want to risk burning in the desert or in these mountians (Huge fire risk here. You only need to live through one southern Californian brush fire to gain immense respect for what an accident can do). But I could see burning in my back yard, or maybe at the park. But I'm not ready for public viewing yet. smile

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

utilitydeamonmember
33 posts

Posted:
The best places to spin are always filled with people, but tranquil... Just outside, when i swing them really long... I just feel like im free for the moment, its great. But, if your going for the burn sessions, you have to with other people... Its a must.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hi M@tt,if you do a little search, you'll find some discussions we had a few months ago about where people spin (really interesting) and also WHEN (what time of day / season of year.Actually it'd be great to see those threads revive.pele being sadly buisy for the moment she might not close this thread , but soon enough, so don't hesitate to revive some older ones smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
I spin all the time while at university, in my studio space, in places to small sometimes, while waiting for the bus anywhere really. The other day I got a round of applause from a park full of people it was the nicest day of the year so far in Newcastle the sun (we dont see much of it up here) was out and it was almost warm. We decided to dine outside in a park by a little church. There were quite a few of us and our group got bigger and bigger as passing friends joined us. Some of them were playing with a skipping rope that someone had produced, one asked me could I skip and I said yer pulling out my practice poi and used them as a skipping rope jumping over nothing in the middle then I had a play and at the end I looked up and most of the people in the park were watching me and applauding. It was fantasitc because it was unexpected, usally i just use tennis balls on the end of rope to practice with and it doesn't always catch peoples eyes but i had added long lengths of orange fabric which really make beautiful patterns when i spin. Its been raining every day since then so ive only had a little bit of outdoor play but summer will be great sun and perhaps a cap for donations. ------------------"smoking makes you look cool" His Majestys personal Elvis

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hats get kicked over. You need someone to hold it for you. Work with the crowds. Get donations.

Meh

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
if you put on big dark glasses and pretended to be blind, and then twirled you might get even more...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Not in Newcastle you couldn't. That's just giving them more of a chance to nick your stuff. They'll have your seeing eye dog up on bricks before you even know what's going on.

Meh

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
I see you have been up here before Cantus

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I have a little foldup stool that I put my hat on (or box with a hat in it actually), stops people knocking it over and makes it more visible.As for getting more donations, the two times I've had money stolen by drunk guys, the more money the people watching threw afterwards. Both times I'm sure I made a lot more than they took...he he he------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Dog on bricks - I like it grinM@tt - Sunsets over the ocean are much easier than sunrises - no early mornings! The closer to the equator you are, the more dramatic the sunset is too. It is usually quicker, but apparently is much more beautiful.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
I did a search \o/ Was going to start a tranquil spinning locations thread but found this so ho hum I'll post here an revive and old thread.

I am lucky enough to work in an out of town research park with lots of nice green outdoors. Feeling a little stressed out this morning I set out at lunch to find a nice spot for a spin and found a nice secluded area and proceeded to have a spin under the trees. After about 10 mins or so I noticed a hare appear about 5 feet from me, birds in the treees singing (tho I couldnt hear much of that with my tunes on biggrin). I've come back to work feeling relaxed and refreshed after a stressful morning. Thats tranquility ubblove

Oh, and only 2 sleeps til PLAY \o/

Motley