Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
As the mess of stories concerning the last weekend slowly surface, it becomes increasingly clear that the central theme of these weekends is not actually spinning whatsoever; rather it is sex. Maybe I'm putting that too baldly, but the heady mess of tension that seems to have been running like an undercurrent through the course of the last weekend (which completely passed me by at the time) must surely have been its defining focus.

Therefore it is only right that the next weekend should be set over Valentine's day. If the last one was sordid and confused... let's see what new heights we can achieve with this one. Forget Jennifer Steele - I'm going to book a priest for the duration, and see what happens...

For those of you who didn't make the last weekend, but have maybe seen the jelly wrestling video... I'm not being entirely serious. Though we may never know quite how many clandestine pairings took place during those brief hours of darkness... we did also do quite a lot of spinning. Essentially, the format for the weekend is this - loads of spinners turn up during the course of the week, with the majority arriving on Friday (that'll be Friday the 13th - oh dear!), and then stay for the weekend. We go and spin in the park nearby, or head up to the sports hall to spin indoors to music (with loads of toys - balance bars, crash mats and trampolines!). Apart from that, there are missions, baked goods, laptops, videos, vegetarian food and the opportunity to get to know a whole load of the other HOPers. And 'get to know' can be as euphamistic as you like...

As per usual, I'll post more details nearer the time... blah di blah, see the other threads for info if you want it now. The major change this time is that I will be asking everyone for a fiver - this will go to buying all the paraffin and renting the sports hall and swimming pool, and if there's any spare it's earmarked for the Get Pounce To Kent Fund, on which we're still about £120 short.

Quite how we're going to beat the jelly wrestling is a bit of a mystery, however. We need some madcap scheme, preferably one both dangerous and illegal, so if you have any suggestions please post them below.

And come down for the weekend, all of you. It'll be a riot.

hug

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
nice, pounce, very tasteful, you and your word twisting ways....
tut tut

well then hows about

the snorkel-cat-bus?

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i think EVERYONE, boy or girl, should make pounce the rudest valentines card they can think of and send it to her wink wink umm

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
*giggles*

that would be funny biggrin

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
go on joe, you know you wanna post tongue

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Oh i shall bring some arty stuff to make cards with. I may have some glitter somewhere!!

ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
we could paint and decorate my car too!! yeah

passing through, this world still lives.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
What with Pink glitter ubbangel ubblol

*imagines a pink glittery car....*

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
if u want... we could cover it in all sorts, PAPER MACHE!!

310 posts

Posted:
Quote:

go on joe, you know you wanna post

Oh, go on then. I've actually only just got home, after I went to Oxford for the weekend, and then a chemical got inside me and I came home via Birmingham. Several days seem to have gone missing - has anyone encountered Tuesday recently?

As always, I am slightly alarmed by the volume of posts that seem to have racked up on here since I last checked it properly (have been glancing in every now and again on my foxy new phone, but no serious HOPing), but I remain serene. I have been re-configuring the house yet again, to accomodate:
- two new televisions (scavenged from Dave's work)
- one new double bed (scavenged from a friend)
- one new stereo (as above, we're now trying to wire the whole house for sound)
- one new housemate (scavenged from Oxford)
And of course the kitchen floor still needs to be mopped at least three times daily...

We have begun to lay in supplies for the weekend - twelve bottles of wine, thirty six chocolate and banana pasties, spare bedding and so forth. Bed space is gradually getting assigned, but I'm afraid that I've not been following it all very well - if you sent me a PM or a post booking bed space you may have to remind me again a bit nearer the time, as I've been too lazy to try and keep track. As it's Valentine's Day, couples will have to get first refusal on the rooms, so I'm afraid, Jon and Flid, that you two are going to have to get pretty cozy pretty quickly if you want the big bed...

I'm still feeling a bit dozy, so I won't check back through to see who else is coming, but just say that you are of course all welcome, subject only to the feasible limits of sleeping space - say about forty people all up? Have confirmed booking of the sports hall for Saturday 5:30 - 7:30, the whole thing again, with our choice of strange gym equipment! If we want to swim we'll have to go down earlier, but this time I reckon we take the decks down and have a *live DJ* mixing choons whilst we fall off the balance bar and so forth...

Love to everyone, see you soon

hug

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
right that's it jon, you're my bitch now!

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
aw you not having the hall on sunday too?

frown

pleeeease?

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
belive me u will be in no state to use the hall on the sunday!!
ubbangel

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
yea, valentines night with frodo......you'll be lucky if you can walk again within a week eek ubblol

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
people always seem to bend my words.... shocker oh yeah its valentines weekend... buggger.. me have no woman to buy things for....... ubbcrying

i will buy nice things for a girl at the party, as long as i get my return.... he he ubblove ubbloco

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you can have a return from me frodo wink

Step (el-nombrie)

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
heehee frodo, you can pretend you like me and get me from stanstead save me going AAAAALLLLL the way down to london then AAAAALLLLL the way back to joes!

??? pretty please? ubblove

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Vanize starts to wonder what exactly he has gotten himself into....

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
dont start telling frodo that you loive him, youll never live it down, pls dont get me worng, teh boy is lovely, but hes a guy, and you knwo what we are like!

Step (el-nombrie)

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
where is stanstead? isnt it off the m25 somewhere? north london isnt it?

ummm........

some one tell me where it is

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
and how long it will take me to get there... and so on on so forth.....

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
jeez for an official drive you sure dont have much direction wink

here you go pickle where's stansted

itll probably take you 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get there from southampton biggrin thats my rough guess

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Narr told me I have to lick Mech for her when I see him! eek tongue

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

2,568 posts

Posted:
yep biggrin ... but would you really want to umm ..and i havent said where tongue

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
ubblol
Horrible mental images now. Thanks Narr.... rolleyes
Ick. umm

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

2,568 posts

Posted:
ubblolubblol .... my pleasure wink

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
[censored] me thats the other side of london...shocker!!!

ummm. let me thinkk... when are u getting in?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
stanstead is *miles* away from joes, it's nearish to where i live

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Kit is getting in pretty late - like 9pm saturday.

-v-

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
ah yes, Kit said before it was 8:20pm that she gets in

So hey guys, I wanted to make an appeal on Kit's behalf. As far as I can judge, she won't be into sevenoaks till like 11:00 pm if she is lucky. It looks like there is mostly motorway in a fairly direct path on the east side of london between stanstead and seven oaks.

I know it is a bit of a long haul, and it is a bit of a bummer to wait till 8:30 to head south if you live up their or have to detour to get someone up there at that time on the night of the main event, but I'd be willing to help people with petrol money if they promise to pick her up.

I'll even go along to keep someone company if it works out that someone has to drive up there from sevenoaks.

Heck, I'll even drive up there myself if someone will loan me a car but doesn't want to drive (I've been driving on the wrong... er, I mean left side of the road for like a year while living in south africa, so no worries about giving an american your keys in that regard)

I kinda twisted her arm into heading down for the event, so I'd like to be sure she can actually get there.

-v-

310 posts

Posted:
We can have the sportshall on Sunday if we want, there are no bookings for it at all as yet so I'm not worrying too much about getting time there - let's wait and see how many people are going to be staying for Sunday.

Page: ...