Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
As the mess of stories concerning the last weekend slowly surface, it becomes increasingly clear that the central theme of these weekends is not actually spinning whatsoever; rather it is sex. Maybe I'm putting that too baldly, but the heady mess of tension that seems to have been running like an undercurrent through the course of the last weekend (which completely passed me by at the time) must surely have been its defining focus.

Therefore it is only right that the next weekend should be set over Valentine's day. If the last one was sordid and confused... let's see what new heights we can achieve with this one. Forget Jennifer Steele - I'm going to book a priest for the duration, and see what happens...

For those of you who didn't make the last weekend, but have maybe seen the jelly wrestling video... I'm not being entirely serious. Though we may never know quite how many clandestine pairings took place during those brief hours of darkness... we did also do quite a lot of spinning. Essentially, the format for the weekend is this - loads of spinners turn up during the course of the week, with the majority arriving on Friday (that'll be Friday the 13th - oh dear!), and then stay for the weekend. We go and spin in the park nearby, or head up to the sports hall to spin indoors to music (with loads of toys - balance bars, crash mats and trampolines!). Apart from that, there are missions, baked goods, laptops, videos, vegetarian food and the opportunity to get to know a whole load of the other HOPers. And 'get to know' can be as euphamistic as you like...

As per usual, I'll post more details nearer the time... blah di blah, see the other threads for info if you want it now. The major change this time is that I will be asking everyone for a fiver - this will go to buying all the paraffin and renting the sports hall and swimming pool, and if there's any spare it's earmarked for the Get Pounce To Kent Fund, on which we're still about £120 short.

Quite how we're going to beat the jelly wrestling is a bit of a mystery, however. We need some madcap scheme, preferably one both dangerous and illegal, so if you have any suggestions please post them below.

And come down for the weekend, all of you. It'll be a riot.

hug

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
oh god

umm

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
*feels so left out now*

meanders off to pout

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
is gutted that he missed it... sorry.....

i heard that it was alot more mellow than last time! well done *mech*lol.. love u babe...

whens the next one? March the........
ubbloco

passing through, this world still lives.

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
.....12th ish frodo. and joes is packing his ambulance and moving on up north to nottingham.
theres a post round here somewhere.......

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
Quick note to everyone who was in attendance, I'm a lot happier now. Those who care will be glad to hear it, those who don't, well, they'll just plain know I guess. wink I just wish I'd had my new hair then, I'd have looked all proper goth and moody! wink

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
glad to hear it quix! i care! hug pics of new hair when?

nottingham?

random murbles

912 posts

Posted:
Check my intro thread, Kit. There's a link there.

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
So it was Julie that ran off with my cell phone charger - having trouble tracking it, as supposedly Joe has it according to originalsmit, but Joe doesn't know what I'm talking about...

As far the LED units I had, here is a link for them

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the link! smile Pretty toys...... ubblove

Trying to justify purchase telling myself I can use it for scuba in poor visibility biggrin

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Thanks for the link! smile Pretty toys...... ubblove

Trying to justify purchase telling myself I can use it for scuba in poor visibility biggrin

ubblol ubblol ubblol

That is exactly what I did. You might also consider getting one for your bicycle when you ride at night (which would obviously require a different color than for scuba diving)!
wink

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

912 posts

Posted:
Cunning. Very cunning scheme you have cooked up there. Yup. I like it. Now I need to take up scuba and buy a bike in order to justify buying two glowy things... which would be more expensive than just buying them... hmm, y'know, it's a good scheme but not very universal wink

joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, folks, a week has gone by and things are returning to normal down in Sevenoaks - the house is back to normal, I'm back to normal, my housemates are back to normal... well, Dave was almost normal again, but Ben and Frodo took him out to Fabric last night and made him strange again.

Thank you all for coming. Another cracking weekend.

Much love to everyone.

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
My head has been doing bad things to me.... I drempt i was at the 4th kent party last night. There wasn't anyone i recognised except joe, frodo (who for some reason i found in bed with me eek) and my housemate. I remember looking out the window and thinking "this is just so f'ing trippy!!" ubblol

912 posts

Posted:
did you get it all on video for us? wink

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i didn't no, but i can draw you a picture if you like

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
yeayyeay pictures!

random murbles

912 posts

Posted:
speaking of "yay pictures" : vectorsigma.co.uk : mine are up here now.

Page: ...