Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
As the mess of stories concerning the last weekend slowly surface, it becomes increasingly clear that the central theme of these weekends is not actually spinning whatsoever; rather it is sex. Maybe I'm putting that too baldly, but the heady mess of tension that seems to have been running like an undercurrent through the course of the last weekend (which completely passed me by at the time) must surely have been its defining focus.

Therefore it is only right that the next weekend should be set over Valentine's day. If the last one was sordid and confused... let's see what new heights we can achieve with this one. Forget Jennifer Steele - I'm going to book a priest for the duration, and see what happens...

For those of you who didn't make the last weekend, but have maybe seen the jelly wrestling video... I'm not being entirely serious. Though we may never know quite how many clandestine pairings took place during those brief hours of darkness... we did also do quite a lot of spinning. Essentially, the format for the weekend is this - loads of spinners turn up during the course of the week, with the majority arriving on Friday (that'll be Friday the 13th - oh dear!), and then stay for the weekend. We go and spin in the park nearby, or head up to the sports hall to spin indoors to music (with loads of toys - balance bars, crash mats and trampolines!). Apart from that, there are missions, baked goods, laptops, videos, vegetarian food and the opportunity to get to know a whole load of the other HOPers. And 'get to know' can be as euphamistic as you like...

As per usual, I'll post more details nearer the time... blah di blah, see the other threads for info if you want it now. The major change this time is that I will be asking everyone for a fiver - this will go to buying all the paraffin and renting the sports hall and swimming pool, and if there's any spare it's earmarked for the Get Pounce To Kent Fund, on which we're still about £120 short.

Quite how we're going to beat the jelly wrestling is a bit of a mystery, however. We need some madcap scheme, preferably one both dangerous and illegal, so if you have any suggestions please post them below.

And come down for the weekend, all of you. It'll be a riot.

hug

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
i'd like to come but got lots of birthday non-sense on that weekend though in edinburgh.

I'm in london at the end of the month with a non-spinner so thats outta the question too

Is sad! frown

next one next one!!

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
unless... the birthday nonsense ends on sat'day... no its stupid to come on sunday huh..?

BAH

random murbles

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
Yay, i should be able to make it to this one!
Please please please say if anyone needs a lift from the canterbury area coz it will make sure i get off my lazy butt!
Big hugs and smiles
xx beerchugxx

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I'll get a train to canterbury if i have to! Otherwise, jon and konsti should be coming from kent uni

310 posts

Posted:
Hooray, hooray, hooray all these exciting and wondeful people are going to come down! Not that the lot of you who came last time weren't exciting and wonderful as well... but the more the merrier!

Coming down on Sunday makes sense in some ways so long as you come down early, and what does everyone think about having the sportshall for Sunday as well? I don't know what everyone else thought last time, but for me it was the best bit of the weekend, even including playing with the big poi and having jelly wrestling in the kitchen! All those toys and crash mats - you could really jump around!

(I am becoming concerned by all the exclamation marks that are creeping into this post. If I'm getting this excited already, and there's still lots of weeks to go... I may pop.)

ubbloco

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol
Just go and play 'pass the pigs' Joe!
ubblol

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
pass the pigs?

Methinks my American self does not get the reference.....but if I were you, Joe, I'd be worried.

biggrin

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

310 posts

Posted:
No, no it's totally innocent I tell you. You get these two little plastic pigs, right, and then you just toss them ont... hang on, that didn't come out right.
You sort of chuck em up in the air, and then you look at how they land.
And score points.
And that's it.

Honest.

NO, I'm telling the truth, I promise you! No, not the leeches, please, please, NOT THE LEECHES, anything but the leeches, I'll tell you everything you wanna knnNOOOOO!!

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
*strokes her chin* Hmmmm....we will see, Mr. Sixsteps.

My sources will tell me if you're telling the truth. If you're not......well...I just hope you like jelly. LOTS of it.

*nods to two big goons who bring in gummy leaches and approach joe*

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
runs in to save joe from peril

no really, it's an innocent game. kinda strange, but rather addicting. ubblol

i really need to stop reading these posts....i'm just getting all bummed i won't be there frown

oh but wait, i have other plans in the works for that weekend smile and i'm sure there will be similar activities involved biggrin

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
hmm spinning and spending time with wonderful people sounds like fun im up for it if any one will fill me in with the details hug

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
HAHAHA!!! POUNCE IS GONA GET LAID!!!!!!!! u go girl!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yay Brodieman's going biggrin

Is Rhiannon(sp?) coming too?

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

i'm not saying a word ubbangel

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
u mean u wont deny it...

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
i can neither confirm nor deny....

**giggles**

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
pounce.... ( really dont know why i wrote that, you just came into my head ubbcrying)

Well after watching the jelly wrestling a number of times, i have realised three things. here they are:

1) Im fat
2) Im Overweight
3) I need to loose weight

so i have decided to join a gym, my local and have been going to the gym for a while, so hopefully i will be thinnnnnnner by the time the new kent comes! so any foxy poi girls (as long as ur single and not pink in pigmentation... lol sorry...) i am availble for that long valentines weekend!! so pm me with ur CV!!!

no just jokiing!! just to excited!!

arghhhhh kent again (again) i cant wait!!!..... hang on.. will i be the only person to have graced all three? can i be the offical groupe? groper? or groupe?

frodo out!! ubbloco

passing through, this world still lives.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
i came into your head? i hope in a good way! tongue

i think you could just be the official groper, go around groping everyone at the party. i can't imagine anyone who would mind ubblol

and i don't think you're fat. you're quite nice and cuddly actually smile hug

**giggles**

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
cuddly is not good!!! i want to loose those creases that i seen on the back of me back!!! ugh, get a bucker!!

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
cuddly is good! at least some of us prefer it!

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oooh, pounce. Are your plans what i think they are?! biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
well pounce, if u fancy a cuddle or a little bit more, then pm me!! and i could arrange it!! think this has moved away from the threaD!!!! yeahhooo

Frodo out!!

Please stop getting off topic everyone! tongue this is about spinning

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Oooh, pounce. Are your plans what i think they are?! biggrin

i can neither confirm nor deny....

ubblol

ok back to spinning (tho me thinks you got off topic first frodo tongue )

**giggles**

310 posts

Posted:
Aye... spinning. Honestly you lot, you're like randy rats in a room full of yoghurt.

Possibly.

Another tantalising burst of detail:
1) The dates are finally confirmed - as per usual, a small party will be welcome a day or two early to help with preparation
2) We may well have a number of magazine photographers down to document one of the nights - I'm going to be a little bit mysterious about that until I know more
3) If you're all feeling full of beans, we might as well get the sports hall for Sunday as well... I intend to finally join the damn place before the 14th, so it shouldn't cost us too much. And does anyone remember all the extra toys they kept in that special cupboard?

More later... if you're all good boys and girls.

tongue

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oh mad
I can't even come over on the Monday now! frown
I'm flying in and out of Newcastle airport, not Heathrow.
Sorry, but have a good weekend.
I'm sure we'll be online at some point anyway! ubblol

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
yeah theres no way i can come ubbcrying

HOWEVER! ubbidea

i will (apparantly) be in london the 2nd to the 5th of march... now class the 2nd is a tuesday! confused
so spittalswotsists it is! biggrin biggrin ubblol biggrin ubblol ubbloco

i hope.... weavesmiley ubbrollsmile weavesmiley

random murbles

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ohh i can't wait, i can't wait.

I can come down early biggrin to help out and such.

And i got a new staff to play with...and may have some new poi aswell. biggrin biggrin biggrin

ubbrollsmile

*think's she is getting a little too excited about this all* ubbangel

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
oooooohhhhhhhhh, hopes of printing off this thread and showing my mum faded by the 2nd thread :'( it sounds like sooooooooooooooooooo so so so much fun. now thers three obsticals in my way

1) PARENTS!!!
2) getting up there. too young to drive.
3) school - evn if there was a remote chance too go id have to leave on teh sunday.......

ahhhhh! poo sticks.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
you can get there by train - bat and ball station is walking distance. If you live kent area then tattty may give you a lift smile

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I'm sitting in the 24-hour computer labs at uni at 1.45am, (having missed the last bus home) and waiting to see if a friend will come out of the union so I can have a nap on a sofa while waiting for the first bus home in the morning, rather than curling up in a corner of the computer labs. Then I have to race home and BACK here again with my gear by 8.45 am to get on the minibus to go to a scuba thing....Arg. umm
Ah, well. Sleep is for the weak! ubbrollsmile

Sports hall? Yay! I loved the sports hall! ubbtickled Although could we maybe leave the big rolley-tubey-thing in the cupboard this time?
Oh, and we have to go swimming this time, I'll make sure to bring my swimming things ubbidea

Photographers? Hmmm....hey Flid, we'll sneak up on her .... you get the left arm, I'll get the right...? ubbangel

Oh and Joe, if you do pop.... can I please have your hat? biggrin

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Page: ...