Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
As the mess of stories concerning the last weekend slowly surface, it becomes increasingly clear that the central theme of these weekends is not actually spinning whatsoever; rather it is sex. Maybe I'm putting that too baldly, but the heady mess of tension that seems to have been running like an undercurrent through the course of the last weekend (which completely passed me by at the time) must surely have been its defining focus.

Therefore it is only right that the next weekend should be set over Valentine's day. If the last one was sordid and confused... let's see what new heights we can achieve with this one. Forget Jennifer Steele - I'm going to book a priest for the duration, and see what happens...

For those of you who didn't make the last weekend, but have maybe seen the jelly wrestling video... I'm not being entirely serious. Though we may never know quite how many clandestine pairings took place during those brief hours of darkness... we did also do quite a lot of spinning. Essentially, the format for the weekend is this - loads of spinners turn up during the course of the week, with the majority arriving on Friday (that'll be Friday the 13th - oh dear!), and then stay for the weekend. We go and spin in the park nearby, or head up to the sports hall to spin indoors to music (with loads of toys - balance bars, crash mats and trampolines!). Apart from that, there are missions, baked goods, laptops, videos, vegetarian food and the opportunity to get to know a whole load of the other HOPers. And 'get to know' can be as euphamistic as you like...

As per usual, I'll post more details nearer the time... blah di blah, see the other threads for info if you want it now. The major change this time is that I will be asking everyone for a fiver - this will go to buying all the paraffin and renting the sports hall and swimming pool, and if there's any spare it's earmarked for the Get Pounce To Kent Fund, on which we're still about £120 short.

Quite how we're going to beat the jelly wrestling is a bit of a mystery, however. We need some madcap scheme, preferably one both dangerous and illegal, so if you have any suggestions please post them below.

And come down for the weekend, all of you. It'll be a riot.

hug

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

massive props to the kent massive, joe, what can I say? exept THANK YOU!!!!! ubblove ubblove ubblove that was really wicked. I especially loved playing fire for the police, can we have an organised emergancy services show next time?

Huge love to everyone who was there, and thoes that couldent make it...

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Joe,

The host with the most and again a fantastic weekend, planned and executed to perfection.

Big wave and hug to all the lovely people I met this weekend.

Hope to see you all again soon. biggrin

Diz

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
bundle of peeps have just left frown

theres six left, (and john and simian but theyve gone to fetch the latters wallet from the sports centre) im sad:(

I've had an amazing once in a lifetime experience that must be repeated once a month for the rest of my life:D
love all the people i met here (even becks tongue)

mech smile feel better smiler

john tongue whisk me off to canterbury you little bear

pink tongue you forgot your socks i was almost offended ("thats the last random act of generosity mutter mutter") then we found a bundle of other STUFF you forgoted and i felt bad straight away

Polythene biggrin pretty pretty flags thingys.

Konsti is the man
and JOE IS OUR KING biggrin

cheers joe we all love and thank you muchly

wee hugs and big hugs to all and sundry
Kit

p.s. contrary to what you may hear I AM LOVERLY! Mech started that rumour to the contrary and its NOT TRUE!

p.p.s. Simian thanking you hugely for my new avatar (hug attack)

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Hey all - I made it back to Berlin with no hassles whatsoever.

thanks to everyone who was there - I had a blast! look for me to join you all from time to time in the next couple years.

Everyone is welcome in Berlin anytime. Some good times to come might be during Love Parade (sometime around July 10) and the Fusion Festival (24-27 June).

It was wonderful to meet all of you! Extra special mention to Joe - who should be nominated to the 'host hall of fame' for going above and beyond the call of duty in almost all aspects.

much love,

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
and again Kit completely leaves me out of any mentioning!!!

that's two strikes girly! TWO STRIKES!!!
tongue

-v-

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
And WHERE is your new avatar? Huh? Huh?

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
hey, I only dragged myself into work (and computer access) a couple hours ago! you want the world from a fast food restaurant or what?!?

I'm working on it... wink

-v-

912 posts

Posted:
Quote:

you want the world from a fast food restaurant or what?!?

I don't think it's an unreasonable request. *folds arms*

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Quix, where's your new one then?

Art takes time, and patience is a virtue...I'm sure he'll come up with something fabulous. I've got an apartment filled with vanize's art, so I should know.

912 posts

Posted:
heh, spritie, you don't quite get it...

I'm not planning on getting a new one. Vanize is tongue

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Oh, I get it, but since you are being demanding, I figure you should have a new one too, or else don't demand to see his new one... tongue

912 posts

Posted:
i was kidding in the first instance. yeeeesh. rolleyes

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
actually, it turns out that I don't even have a working CD drive right now, so it'll be a bit before I can access it. damned second-hand computers....

-v-

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
and to clear things up with spritie, faulty neur... I mean Quixotic took a funny pic of me this past weekend that would make a good avatar.

Actually - perhaps I can talk Quixotic into emailing me that one pic so I don't have to wait for a new CD rom to be delivered?

-v-

912 posts

Posted:
or you could just go to www.vectorsigma.co.uk for the low-res "on the web" versions. still larger than needed for an avatar. smile

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
will do!

-v-

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Kit - redface

Oh dear what did i leave behind? I always leave stuff everywhere. My brain isn't organised enough. ubbangel

It was lovely meeting you hug I want those socks. I am very depressed i left them at Joe's. frown

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
guys im alive, and now safly at jez's and lady abis

to all of you who saw me last thing monday morning im still feeling very poorly, very stiff, and very bad in total!

but still alive!

had a couple of hours sleep til abi got home, so i am hoping tha a good night of sleep in a bed will do me some good!

its big its blue and it aint my cock for once, its my bed!

biggrin

so yeah guys hell is coming to steps body at the mo!

laterdays

Step (el-nombrie)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
awwww, poor mech, that will teach him for not drinking.....

get well soon hun, see you at spitz.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
hey everybody.

just to say it again (actually it cant be said enough):

Joe is the most amazing host ever. Thank u so much for having us over and organising ur amazing parties.

To everybody else:

I think its very special that people can gather without knowing each other and connect right away for a great weekend and wallk away with new friends afterwards. Thanks 2 everybody who was there.

Mech--- my left nippel is blue from all the nippel twisters u gave me..............

Vanize--- please pm me the address u want the dvds sent to. good luck in Berlin and it was great meeting you. Hope to see u soon.

Kit---- BIIIIIIG hug....

thanks again, everybody

see u in Nottingham smile smile

Konsti

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Well, the red hand marks finally subsided from my left breast from where mech slapped me not once, but twice, after getting out of the shower on sunday morning, and I'm back in the civillian world again. Went bowling tonight with uni friends and kept on glancing around and seeing kent people, who on further viewing turned out not to be. It's been a long weekend, and I should really wear my glasses more often smile

Joe, cheers again for the spinning goodness. I took lots of video footage, and after getting told off by die hard spinning/jelly wrestling hating HoPpers for the last video, i took lots more spinning this time. It should be online within the week. Until then there's a few still pictures here:

Friday
Saturday
Sunday

My favourite has to be one taken by konsti of me spinning wirewool. Lack of pussy on valentines day was a bit of a downer, but oh so many sparks, and fire ubblove:

Wirewool

Hugs to all the lovely people i met this weekend. I'm not gonna try and do names because people will feel left out (*doesn't notice his name in anyone's previous posts ubbcrying*), i shall just blanket hug instead:

hughughug

smile

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
What can i say thats hasn't been said already!? Not much really other than my own thanx for a great weekend. Lovely to meet you all, a special hello and best wishes to the hosts and Vance. Was truly a special occation.

Huggs and best wishes to all

Adam xx wave beerchug

Is that magnets!?

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
Hello u. i am so sad i couldnt make it at the weekend, and i am soooooooooo sorry for letting down the people i was giving lifts to!
i ended up having to work!!! i phoned my step dad to try and get money for petrol etc and instead, he offered me a shift at his bar!!! pants pants pants!!! i spent my evening serving drinks to loved up couples! what a valentines night!
anyways, i hope you all had a fab evening full of hugs and smiles and i cant wait til the next one!
Big big hugs
xx tatty xx

P.S. i dont know what was amoung sundays photos of the party, but my computer wont open them because they apparently contain too many questionable images!!!
wink

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Someone (female - can't remember which, but not Alice or Kit - maybe polythene or pixie?) borrowed my Nokia cell phone charger this weekend, and I don't think I ever got it back (now that I am looking for it since my phone battery is dead). I don't suppose anyone knows if there was an extra one found in the aftermath?

-v-

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
tsk, pesky females! tongue

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Not I that borrowed the phone charger..sorry Vanize! Was good to meet you though, I think I may have to obtain a couple of those glow units you had to play with.

hug to everybody that was there, sorry I was a wet blanket most of the weekend (I felt really lousy- stupid germs.), I'll do fire next time smile

Pink- check your pm's wave

Slinky- I can't find you on here to pm you... send me one and I'll reply with the flag stuff you asked for. smile

Diz & Ads- Damn you both! I'm investigating acrylic prices and Scott's looking at juggling balls. rolleyes More toys I shouldn't be buying when I can't use the ones I have properly! But seriously, thanks to you guys and all the others that showed me new stuff this weekend smile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
there was a charger sitting in the living room on the dresser round from the door by the comfy seat oh vanise and I'm feelin sheepish for not mentioning you

was tres sad when you left early!!

oh and flid i was well up for the flick but you know, cant go it alone.

p.s. good pics ... ubblol ubblol

Mech- hloo??

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Goddamit!!

i cant read all of this thread!

It keeps on saying it is timing out on line 219.

Mods can you sort it out please??

i cant think what is wrong.

it says:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\homeofpoi\ubbthreads\templates\default\showflat.tmpl on line 219

everytime i try to look.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

its working now.. biggrin

Thanks to each and every one of you that was there.

Special thanks go out to : Joe, Kit, Vanize, simian (damn this black eye!), Pink (for athat good long chat on the Friday).

I had much fun.

biggrin

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
video in video section smile

Page: ...