ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
OK, so here's a question that I though I would post cause it's been making me crazy.

There's this tree that grows in the desert. After a few years it secretes this oil substance that is flammable. After awhile the tree just spontaneously combusts and burns up. Then a new tree grows in its spot(kinda pheonix like huh?). I saw it on the discovery channel or something. I wanted to know if any of you knew the name of the tree.
Thanks people ubbrollsmile

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
A self-combustible tree. Snap. Couldn't even guess but now I'm curious so I poked around. There's a tree discussion group: https://www.treeguide.com/forum/default.asp?b=2

Lemme know what you find out.

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
The famous burning bush from the bible.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
I found this
Desert Trees

It might help if you could remember which desert area the show was aired at. I had found the Mojave(sp) desert listing of plant life online.

Hope that helps smile

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
It is in the middle east.