Forums > Social Chat > Black light or fire which meets your desire???

Login/Join to Participate

Zoharmember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey all, I love spinning fire and it's undoubtfully amazing but the great disadvantage of it is that you can't spin as fast as glowsticks or tennis balls and if you have nice combos that require high speeds you lose somewhat of it's effect.what do you prefer?

Zohar

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Guess it all depends on the situation...Fire! is great, but this NYE 2000/2001 there was a total fireban in all of NSW and i believe maybe vic as well, so it kinda puts a dampener on using flames, so it was handy that people had brought their glowsticks along smile

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Whilst Black light is great and you can spin really fast, I think fire is best as there is something about it that feels tribal. Its as though it tunes me into my past life as a mad fire starting cave woman. Also fire is alive, in the respect that it "breathes" oxygen and that turns me on in a way I cannot even begin to explain. When dancing with fire to the sound of a dij, in the dark night far from anywhere, slow swinging is delectable. One love, Thistlefirepixie.

Are we nearly there yet?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Spinning is entrancing...and anyone who is familiar with my posts knows that I love fire. In addition to the sheer energy and sensual/sexual qualities it gives I have to agree with Thistle of it being a living entity.I once argued this point in Biology class. The most basic elements of determining what is life and what is not are the ability to reproduce, to consume "food" or nourishment, to breathe and to grow. Fire does all of these, by way of sparks it breeds, it breathes by burning oxygen and consumes just about anything to continue to grow. There are even times I swear it has a personality (and suffers from PMS!!!!). At any rate, I won the arguement and received an "A" for my grade on that project.Just thought I'd share my passion for fire yet again.Though glowy things are a blast as well, very ethereal which is a whole different mental state! grinI just like to spin, spin, spin......------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 13 February 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

spiffspiffmember
52 posts

Posted:
Intresting outlook Pele. Fire consumes. Fire reproduces. Fire breathes. Im checkin my biology book from last year, but from what I remember, you pretty much covered everything. Maybe fire really is alive. I sense that my biology teacher from last year will soon become quite perplexed.

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
Ive heard about that argument of fire being alive before (it was actually on a star trek episode once) and theres also another factor that fire does that pele didnt mention. that is that a living creature produces waste. in the fire, it would be the smoke, fumes, whatever.-Hapes-Nova, raver

adrianmember
58 posts

Posted:
FIRE.....deffinitly fire, but in vic there was a total fire bann,,,,especally at the falls festival so i gad to settle for some makeshift glowstick poi which are good when danceing in a doff tent....but fire to me is far more exhilorateing and more spiritual...heheh

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...